TESTING NUKES & LITTLE GEORGE???

B

bobcatbess

WELL!!!

HE TOLD THEM(NORTH KOREA) THEY'D BETTER NOT!!!

THEY DID IT ANYWAY!!!

DO WE SEND GROUND TROOPS???

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION,RIGHT???

WE SAY DON'T & THEY DO!!!

DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL THEM NOT TO???

IF SOMEBODY TOLD THE U.S.A. NOT TO,WOULD WE LISTEN???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE TIME BOMB QUITS TICKING!!!

All they need to do is cut that little dork off of Henesey and it would bring him to his knees, he spends over 100,000 with them every year. If that doesn't work then go flush him out of the mountains.

Come on now, its just a nuclear bomb. Its not like the guy has aluminum tubes or anything......

Kim Jong knows there's not a thing we can do about it, well except nukes and he knows we wont do that yet anyway. China is the only one who can bring him down and it's hard to say if they will. in 2003 Bush said we won't allow N. Korea to have nuclear weapons, did he show them or what? Iran is laughing it up too you can bet, this is why a wise man picks his fights.

Huntindude,

What do you think Bush should have done to stop them from moving forward?
What do you think we should do now?

Cutting off relations with them was the first wrong step, and I don't mean the 6 nations talks Jong walked out on that was a sham.
Getting in a war you can't win didn't help either, do you think Iran and N. Korea would be as brave if we had all our recources ready to go and were looking for a fight rather than being mired in Iraq? not to mention showing we're not as tough as they thought we were.
As what to do now, try to get China to handle it. there's nothing else we can do. don't forget we owe China more money than any other nation and the way we're spending it in Iraq we'll need more. no we wont push China too hard and if we did it wouldn't do any good anyway.
As I said a wise man picks his fights.

It aint all bad Dude. This is just a little mans complex. Which is exactly what Kim Long Ill has. Come to find out the bomb was not a nuke to begin with. Secondly he merely did this to get attention plus it is the 20th aniversary of his fathers death. In the over all scheme of things Korea is merely a pupet of misdirection being played by the Irainians. It is not in China's best interest to have a neighbor like N. Korea with a nuke. They wont let them go nuke.

Besides N.Korea got the technology from good old Madiline Albright and Slick Willy. So if you want to play the blame game go to the root of the problem. 8 years of Monica Lewinski's boy toy.

Clinton's fault again ! funny stuff. anyway I doubt Iran is pulling Kim Jongs strings but they no doubt have an interest in what's going on . the biggest fear is N. Korea making sales to the ragheads and don't say it couldn't happen, they have the money and Kim needs it. we don't know what China will do but they will probably sqeeze him enough to keep him under control is what most think. I agree N Korea isn't a big threat but they just knocked us down a peg or two, showing Iran and the rest of the world we ain't as tough as we say we are. and that's not good in times like this. yeah, yeah I know we have a pile of nukes but that's like pulling a .458 mag in a bar fight, we aren't going to do it and the world knows it.

I know you don't like to hear that but it is O'l Slicks fault that N. Korea has gotten as far as they have with their nuke program and them are facts you can not deny.

The President is just playing the cards that were delt him from O'l Slick.

Some may not agree with Cowboy Diplomacy. Some would have us play nice. Pat O'l Kim Jong on the po po and tell him were freinds. Problem is that nut would still attempt to set off a nuke no matter how he is treated.

I think he's taken the cards O'l slick delt him shuffled them, burned them , got new ones, shuffled them again and then blamed O'l slick for everything. funny stuff 202, does this mean the next pres. can blame Bush for the next decade or two or does it revert back to Clinton still?

Well Dude you gotta give credit where credit is due. Kinda like the failure called the war on poverty started by LBJ with his Great Scociety crap.

Look if O'l Slick had kept his Willie in check........who knows.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-06 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]
If slick had as much power over this saturation as you profess, than GW, as the current president, has just as much. Now, if Clinton (when he was president) can be responsible for getting us into this mess why has Bush let it go and not solved the problem in his last 6 years? Seems to me that if Bush would have focused on a couple of the real problems we may not be in the mess that we now are in.

You said Bill did it, and if Bill was powerful enough to "do it" how come Bush aint powerful enough to, "undo it?" Maybe because Bush has been ignoring it for his first 4 years, unless you consider calling them the axis of evil a diplomatic approach.

202, while you may be right about the "little-man," are you willing to watch thousands of people lose their lives, the USA to fall deeper into the a-moral trenches, because we want to John Wayne our way in there and show him how tough we are? Are we really the nation that gets jerked around by a "little-man?" Fighting with fists is not the answer in this case either.

Come on man, even a guy from Texas knows that you cant handle this issue like it's the playground and your in grade school.

North Korea violated the Agreed Framework signed in 1994 by enriching uranium. It is obvious that they continued research and development of Nuclear weapons by the recent test, whether a fizzle or not. This research continued under both the Clinton and Bush administrations, so what. The question is what is going to happen moving forward.

To point fingers at anyone other then the North Koreans is utter stupidity. Did NK pull the wool over a naive WJC, appears so, does NK continue to be a thorn in GWB side, of course. Short of regime change what are our options now?

Bush is blasted for Unilateral action in Iraq and then blasted for Multilateral Diplomacy with NK. Which is it? Being intellectually honest means you cannot have it both ways.

Don't you think China is pissed because it hurts their own world clout by not being able to keep a pissant of a country next door in line?

NK is going to have to reform or die. Their troops are starving, their people are growing restless, they continue to have HUGE problems internally.

I don't know why it has to come down to Clinton Vs. Bush on every issue.

The facts are that NK signed the Agreed Framework and violated the conditions of it and the U.S. halted shipments of heavy oil to them in retaliation. The North Korean's are desperate and trying to show they are not to be ignored.

Nemont

Nemont,
Very nice post, thanks!

NK looks a great deal like Japan did in 1938-1940. They are going about being relevant in the wrong way. Let's just all pray that China and or Japan has the courage to do something about it.

No argument that this is not all Bush's fault nor is it Clinton's. we can not and we have not stopped the " axis of evil" so what do we make of that? Bush has failed, so has cowboy diplomacy. Bush tipped our hand by entering Iraq for no reason and showing little countries like Iran and N. Korea that we're not that tough and with our state of affairs where they are right now they can thumb their nose at us and we'll step back and snivel, short of nuking them that's all we can do. we've lost our bluff and everyone knows it so now what? we go to the world ( who we said we didn't need ) and ask them to help. it may have happened sooner or later anyway but later would have been better.
One thing for sure there will be no ground war in North Korea for us, this is up to China. Iran's a whole other mess and they're just encouraged by Kim Jong's victory , well a victory if China doesn't spank him so let's hope they do.
To say this is all Bush's fault would be as unfair as to say none of it is. what's important is where do we go from here and do we have the leadership to make it happen, I fear not at this time.

Why don't you guys quit b!tching and run for office yourself if what you say needs to happen is what needs to happen. Get things changed the way you want them to be and then you can go over to NK and tell the guy what he needs to do.

I totally agree with Nemont post. Quit blaming Bush for everything and quit blaming Clinton for everything.

P.S. We did have reasons to go to Iraq.

Pakistan and India are nuked and now NK so bout time we got Japan set up and see how China likes that one. Can't argue against the Japanese deal if you allow the lunatic from NK to have one. Bottom line is we are living in a very dangerous world now and one of these days we will see a nuclear attack. Hope it's over there and not around here.

Perfect example of don't make statements you're not willing to back up. Bush said We will not allow North Korea to develop nuclear weapons, oops another promise broken it was in the middle of a long string of broken promises and misrepresentations.

We are on the threshold of WW III and we cant blame Bush? What are you talking about. Get real, no one, I mean NO ONE should escape scrutiny or blame when they mess up. NK was, and has been getting attention from the USA since 1950, even Bush one knew how to handle them. So in comes KJ and then Bush, and he decides to clam up and push SK aside (the Clinton administration made 15 trips to keep things from getting out of control). I think Bush made the quintessential mistake by ignoring them. I think we should have patronized them and pattet that little beyotch on the head like a good little puppy and he would keep his cool. but now that were are weak, over extended and focused on Iraq, he decides he wants some attention.

So what if a short little punk wants to blow some hot air, give him a little attention, and he'll calm down. I'd rather spend a billion a year helping their people than I would helping to start WW III just to prove a point. Like I said these aint the days of john Wayne.

Now, it's too late. If you think China going to help us out, forget it, they have us right were they want us, by the balls!!!

T-FINAL!!!

YOU'RE ON A KICK!!!

LETS GET WW III STARTED!!!

I'M TIRED OF THE BULL$HIT!!!

LETS TURN NORTH KOREA INTO THE BIGGEST SHEET OF GLASS EVER MADE!!!

LETS DO IT SO QUICK FROM SO HIGH THEY NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT THEM!!!

THEN LETS GO DIRECTLY TO IRAN & TAKE CARE OF THAT SMALL PROBLEM ALSO!!!

YOU JUST GONNA SIT BACK WITH YOUR TEETH IN YOUR MOUTH???

YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE DAYS OF JOHN WAYNE,WE NEED TO BE TOUGHER THAN THEM DAYS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SUGGESTING WE GITTER DONE WHILE THE GITTINS GOOD!!!

Let's just get some tea and rice cakes and talk it over.I'm sure we can work it all out with little understanding and a few sing a long songs.

HEY OKIEMAN!!!

YOU COULD BE THE NEXT CLINTON!!!

YOU EVER THINK OF RUNNING FOR PRES???

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING IF YOU COULD STRAIGHTEN OUT THE 8 YEARS OF LITTLE GEORGE???

For those who think Bush was right to cut off all talks with Kim Jong remember this. while Clinton was in office there was no new plutonium production, we had inspectors in North Korea watching them and we knew where the rods were, we had a relationship with Jong. tense yes, but we were talking. I might add too that Colin Powell endorsed Clinton's plan with N Korea in 2001.

So where has Bush taken this matter? North Korean nuclear weapons testing,boy he showed them huh. Iran's next and Bush's reaction will be the same " dagnabit", that's cowboy diplomacy when your out of bullets.

So, you're voting for Hillary?

What abut John McCain? He only pretends to be a conservative and he is a military guy.

IF SOMEBODY DECENT DOESN'T STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!!

I'M NOT VOTEING FOR ANY OF THE JACKASSES!!!

HOW DOES THAT SOUND???

THE ONLY bobcat THAT WILL NOT VOTE FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS EVER AGAIN!!!

Hey moneymen, what does what you said have to do with this thread? I know most of it's off in the ditch, but at least make some kind of connection, even remotely close to the subject of the post.

This nukes issues is huge. Its needs careful thought and a dedicated strategy that has a chance in hell at working. Therefore, we either need new people in the White House, or we need to White House to change the way they approach international policy. You see, in the long run, we cant go blow up the world. Right now the USA is threatening to level way too much soil. I think that we now are in more desperate times, on the international front than ever in our history. That's a horrible legacy for this administration. But more importantly, we need to figure out a way settle the dust in Korea and the Middle East.

I say give anyone a try, even Hillary, even thought I'm not a fan of hers; they could not possibly do any worse than this administration.

Please, show me how I'm wrong. Show me how and what good this administration has done for the USA. All things being equal. You cant say they done good for the economy without mentioning the fact that we are at war, you cant say they done good with economy without mentioning the fact that most of the economic capital gains in this nation have gone to the wealthy - like it or not, it's true and I'm not rich guy basher, but it's true. I could go on and on. The great USA aint so great anymore (not bashing us just pointing out that in relation to our historical position on the world stage, we now are approaching a very low period in our history). I love my country, and every hero has its bad days, and right now we are in a tough spot. On the bright side, it cant get much worse, outside another full blown war, so no matter which democrat takes over the White House, the nation, overall will be in much better shape. As per next month?s election - we'll just have to see what the next 25 days brings. . .

Good Lord, to listen to some of you one would think the world is coming to an end. The pessamisim is unreal with some on this thread. Begining of WWIII give me a break.

Come on guys buck up a little. Have at least a little faith and don't let you blind HATRED of the current president sway you.

Our economy is booming off the charts, unemployment at less than 5%. The liberal media is scambling to find bad things happening in Iraq. No hurricanes to blame Bush for. (Remember Keyoto) According to the lefties that means......yes.........hurricanes are Bushes fault. I can buy as many guns as I like with no waiting period. I can hunt and fish any where in the world I choose. Women have bigger breast in this day and age. Thanks to medical technology :)

Look guys. NK aint never ever ever going to nuke some one or start a war. KJ's moves are all about a money grab. He rattles his saber and the world throws money at him to stop. If they get to out of hand China will ##### slap them into control cause the last thing China wants is for the US to stop buying the goods they manufacture. With out us China folds.

Life is good guys. Cheer up :)

P.S. Hillary wont run. Too much baggage and she is unelectable and the lefties know it.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 09:06AM (MST)[p]"Look guys. NK aint never ever ever going to nuke some one or start a war. KJ's moves are all about a money grab. He rattles his saber and the world throws money at him to stop. If they get to out of hand China will ##### slap them into control cause the last thing China wants is for the US to stop buying the goods they manufacture. With out us China folds."

I tend to agree, but what if were wrong?

In addition, I think this is exatly where Bush missed the mark. He should have been patronizing the little man all along. Put your pride asside, step up and be a little diplomatic. He's married right, and unless he takes orders from barbara, he know's how to be diplomatic.

As per the current state of affairs, if you think things are rosie you live in a glass house and if you did not have arms, I would wonder if your were an ostrich. . .

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]I really do blame Bush for not paying mind to NK however I also blame SK. Look at the reapproachment SK has made to NK. What I said is that NK violated the agreed framework it signed in 1994 by enriching Uranium. That is a proven fact, at that point Bush cut off the shipments of heavy oil and food aid to them.

While I don't believe we are in as bad as shape as Tfinalshot we are in a difficult position. Talking to KJ's government directly cannot take place now because you cannot talk with a preceived gun to your head.

I think the prudent thing to do would be to do is this:

1. Announce a short cooling off period. ie we won't push for sanctions for 20 to 30 days and they agree to no more provocations.

2. Get consences from the other 4 parties of the 6 party talks on a course of action.

3. Layout all the punitive actions that could be taken if NK fails to play ball. Especially choking off the regimes sources of hard currency that KJ uses to keep himself and inner circle living in comfort.

4. Layout all the advantages of cooperation insisting on getting inspectors back in, getting an enforicible agreement with KJ, Provide an clear path for NK to take to end it's nuclear ambitions.

Anyone who believes the NK nuclear program, research and development did not take place since 1994 is off their rocker. You cannot turn on and off nuclear research like a switch. Enriching Uranium and Plutonium both violated prior agreements with us and SK. It really doesn't matter whose watch it took place on because it is the current administration's problem to deal with it now.

As "bad", apparently, as the American economy is with record highs in the stock market, unemployment below the averages in the 70's, 80's and 90's, low interest rates, low inflation etc. the NK economy is in shambles, like near collapse if China didn't prop it up.

Nemont

P.S. Tfinalshot do you have any evidence that only the "wealthy" have benefited from tax cuts? I would like some info from a reliable, non partisan source that says the current economy is only rewarding the "wealthy". Thanks Jeff

As per the current state of affairs, if you think things are rosie you live in a glass house and if you did not have arms, I would wonder if your were an ostrich. . .

Cheap shot there "T"

The way I look at it is like this. There has been termoil between men and nations since the begining of time.......right. America has only been around for a few hundered years. We have had our ups and downs but everything seems to work itself out and we become stronger for it. I like to see the glass as half full.

You don't agree that life is good? Man I think it is awesome. I am greatful there are GREAT Americans like HuntFX4 and all the rest of those that have served and who have made the ultimate sacrifice who are making life so great for the rest of us here in this great nation.

I don't think NK will nuke anyone either but it's like giving a brat kid a loaded pistol, not good.
The real fear is them selling to the ragheads and the boost in confidence Iran now has.
For those who think China needs us get real, sure we buy lots of their stuff but we owe them more money than any country on earth. you have who needs who backwards. make no mistake about it China is a force to be reckoned with, they make their own rules and have the power to enforce them.
On the bright side Bush said this morning he's learned a lesson! who'ld a thunk it! he said we can't go it alone on these matters it takes a world effort, duh.

"Right now the USA is threatening to level way too much soil."

I'd like to know who/which soil we are threatening to level. Didn't think so.

So the U.S. is the only country in the entire world that has any relationship, good or bad, with NK? Bush is the only one in the entire world who could have stopped NK from doing this? Its funny how most, including those in our country, ##### and moan about the U.S. being the world police, yet nobody steps up to do anything about any other country, and when we do, or try to, and things don't go "perfect" we get the blame.

Also, some of you say that we will be better off if the Dems win. We will not be better off in no way, shape, or form if they win, for at least two years. If the Dems win, the next two years will be a joke for everyone. They will not focus on this BS, but they will focus on trying to get Bush out of office, and wine cause Bush did this and that, and Bush didn't do this or that. Its the most rediculous thing I've ever seen.

Finally, why don't you take all this political BS to a political website and ##### and moan there. This is a hunting website, not a political one. I use to enjoy coming to the Campfire forum and reading jokes and such, now it is just about how everything is Bush's fault. Its been beaten to death more than the 575" bull on the elk forum. Enough already.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]which is zactly why HE keeps responding, sremim you are right on the money,,, those guys need to get a room

Hey sremim, do you want some cheese with that? talk about whining . . . one has a choice, read or dont read. Post or dont post. Post jokes or dont post jokes, post hunting under hunting, talk about what ever you want, but why whine about what other's post.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 11:42AM (MST)[p]T,

Man did you even read that article? Whining about fewer cable channels, missed vacations, having to eat at home more often, etc. I am middle class, I make a good living but I was taught that you live below your means and pay attention to the pennies and plan for the future.

One thing about the middle class is that they don't plan. "Wealthy" people plan for the next one or two generations, middle class seem to plan for Saturday night.

Look at the chart showing Mean Household Income from 1968 to 2002

The Top 80% grew almost every year as well.

Here is the point in a quote from that article:

"Economists say wages should rise as companies boost hiring. But the growing gap between the haves and have-nots will remain.

Technology has eliminated many U.S. jobs, as has global competition, particularly from low-wage countries such as China. Highly skilled, educated workers in America will thrive as demand rises, Sohn said, while low-skilled jobs remain vulnerable to outsourcing.

"This really has nothing to do with Bush or Kerry, but more to do with the longer-term shift in the structure of the economy," Sohn said"

If you want to get ahead in this economy go get educated, if you choose to not upgrade your skills, you remain at risk to having your jobs move overseas because you are competing with cheap labor. Rather then whine about missed opportunity go do something about, that is the American way. I think the current middle class has forgotten that in many ways. There are NO guarantees, period.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]I dont dissagree with you. It's our job to take care of each other. I also believe in a redistrabution of wealth. A guy that now makes 20 million per year, will do the same job for 1 million.

just watch, heath care will become a real issue in the years to come. . .

I also dont blame it all on GW, but the gap is larger and continues to grow. I dont know about you but I did not get a raise in the last two years, yet the costs on my goods has gone up about 25 percent across the board.

I know where you live so your costs have gone up too.

In any event, Bush is making the gap worse, and at the very least, he's not helping bring the middle up. He's done NOTHING for the middle class but prolong the bleeding.

Health Care is already a HUGE issue. I work primarily in the Health Insurance market place, trust me I know.

I don't believe in redistribution of wealth because it penalizes those willing to put capital at risk and rewards those unwilling to take a risk. Taxes paid are enough redistribution of wealth IMHO. I agree take care of people but often the best medicine is for a hand up not a hand out. Unless you are handicapped or disabled of course.

I have worked harder in the past two years then the previous five but I work on commissions so my income has actually increased (trying to get a handle on college funding as my oldest is a freshmean in high school)

Nemont

Whining about somebody whining on the internet, that's the very peak of hypocricy. who's holding a gun to your head forcing you to read and post here.
this isn't your web site and if the founder allows political talk in this section then so be it, nobody ask you.
This was about NK and nukes, different views on how we got here and where we're going. if you can't come up with a good argument you just sling mud at the opposition, it's you who just want to whine.
Why not get back to the subject of the thread.

My God you Bush haters are unrelentless. Bush gets blamed for everything in your world.

T, nobody in their right mind would believe something written by an organization that claims to be "Views of the Progressive Comunity"
Quit drinking the bong water T. If you are going to base your argument on an article the least you could do is find a credible source.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-06 AT 02:56PM (MST)[p]In all due respect 202, and the rest of you who like to think that just because some person disagrees with you or with Bush they are haters, please stop it.

I'll debate all day long, but I'm not a hater, I do not hate people, I do not hate Bush, in fact I pray for him. He's dealing with a disease every day of his life and he really needs our forgiveness and our prayers. I'm not a hater, I dont believe it's moral to hate.

I'm serious, be a little more sensible about who you're calling a hater. I do not think it's necessary to call me a hater because I disagree with you or the president. . .

Generally speaking, people that use hatred are those that are the first to claim other people are haters. I'm not saying youre a hater, but I don't know where you get the idea that I hate Bush. That's just plain stupid. I'd take on any public person that I don't agree with, again, that does not make me a hater.

T it is obvious that you are not up on pop culture. Hater used in this sence is not the literal. When one is constantly baraging another with negativity he is refered to as a hater.

You really should lighten up T

Hell you called me an Ostrich for crying out loud.

I for one do not appreciate that. I am sure an Ostrich would not want to be a 202 Typical either. I pray for all ostriches and find your comments offensive............:)

Lighten up

I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU BOYS THAT SAY!!!

OH,WE CAN'T USE THE ATOMIC/NUCLEAR WEAPONS!!!

A QUESTION!!!

I EXPECT MANY ANSWERS!!!

JUST WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE'D BE TODAY IF WE HADN'T OF USED THAT WEAPON BACK IN THE FORTIES???

NOW I'M NOT SAYING USE NUCLEAR,WHAT YOU BOYS ARE HAVING A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING IS WE HAVE ABOUT THE SAME WEAPONS WITHOUT THE FALLOUT!!!

I SAY ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE $HIT HITS THE FAN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING WE DON'T TRY & FIGHT THE NEXT WAR LIKE WE'VE FOUGHT THE LAST 3 OR 4!!!

"I also believe in a redistrabution of wealth. A guy that now makes 20 million per year, will do the same job for 1 million."

th_dumbass4oh.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom