Texas Antelope Success

Whitedeer

Well my Texas season did not work out quite like I had planned. I sat on opening morning and watched as the neighbors took out the two best bucks in a group of about 40 antelope that roam the area that I had permission to hunt. I tried to hunt the same herd after they relocated to "my" place, but they were just too spooked from the morning blast that they received. I had pretty much given up on being successful this year due to very limited time to hunt. On Sunday afternoon, I made one last attempt to locate a buck worthy of my tag. I came across this guy grazing all alone in a pasture in which I had only seen mule deer grazing in the past. I guess he had been run off by a bigger buck, or maybe he just didn't have the desire to participate in the battle for supremacy. It took just one shot from my 30.06 at about 100 yards to seal the deal. He is just under 15 inches on each horn...haven't had time to tape him out completely.....but he is a little light on the mass. I am guessing him at about 75 inches, but we will see this evening.

Hope you enjoy the pics...tried to clean him up as good as possible before taking photos, but it's tough out in the field.

4ad610333aa1c665.jpg

4ad610653ccc2fc4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom