Texas Hunting

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I'm taking my sons to hunt whitetail in Texas.

It says a youth hunting license is $7.00. I see nowhere else, where a different license is required to Hunt deer. Is this correct? Do I need something different? Have any of you hunted with your daughter or son in Texas?

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-12 AT 02:58AM (MST)[p]You should be good to go. Non-resident and resident youth pay the same price and are also excempt from endorsements.

The license will have the following tags on it: 2 mule deer tags (one buck/one either sex), 5 whitetail tags (2 doe/three either sex), 4 turkey tags, and 1 red drum longer than 30 inches. I don't have mine in front of me at the moment, so I am going off memory here.

Javelina don't have tags but you are limited to 2 a year.

Hogs and exotics are fair game year round and unlimited.

Don't forget to fill out the harvest log in the back or you will get a ticket.

Have fun!

Thanks Z, I appreciate it. It's sounds like we are
good to go. I was worried I might have to buy
The $325 dollar licenses.
I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

They are definitely more than fair.

I wish Utah was better to the NR youth and seniors!

They could take a lesson from some other states.

Lets not forget active duty military get the super combo free every year :) Thats how I get mine.

Its all the hunting and fishing stamps/tags you need. The only thing it doesn't come with is the Federal Waterfowl stamp.

7.00?

I thought everything in TEXAS was Big?:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Now that I turned 65 a few months ago, each of my licenses here in MI is only $6. Nice to know that old age has some benefits, LOL!

Well Bessy, just hope Peayday doesn't see this thread. He will flip out seeing hunting licenses are only $7.00 for Junior!

Can you imagine the possibilities lol....

How old are your kids? Depending upon their ages as well as whether or not they have completed a certified hunter education course, you may have to have a license yourself in order to accompany them on the hunt.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/fish_hunt/licenses/hunter_education/index.phtml

I assume you'll be buying a license and hunting too anyway, but [f you were planning to buy only the youth licenses this may matter to you.

Good luck on your hunt. There's nothing better than hunting with your kids.

We just did Texas. My 9 yr. old son scored his first deer. He took the Texas version of Hunters Ed which was really good.
$7.00 and one shot. It was Great!! We are going back in 2 weeks.

Good Luck!

8917img_0021.jpg

Congrat's Pete!

"How old are your kids? Depending upon their ages as well as whether or not they have completed a certified hunter education course, you may have to have a license yourself in order to accompany them on the hunt"

My two oldest (who I am taking) are 14 and 16. They have their hunter ed completed. My oldest it sick, not sure he'll make it. Might just be two of us. I hope that is not the case!

Hey Pete I have been looking for a long time for a place to take my kids to in Texas sounds like you did it right. Do you have any suggestions? Were you hunting on a ranch? Price? Any info would be great.
Thanks

We are heading down to hunt with a friend for the first time. I am not sure what ranches we are hunting. I will let you know how it goes and pass the information on to you.

I am looking forward to hunting when its warm!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-12 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]>Hey Pete I have been looking
>for a long time for
>a place to take my
>kids to in Texas sounds
>like you did it right.
>Do you have any suggestions?
>Were you hunting on a
>ranch? Price? Any info would
>be great.
>Thanks

Man, I wish I did. I talked to every contact I have ever made from Texas. Everyone with a lease was either booked or not able to accommodate. I finally got lucky through a friend, it was on her cousins, wife's, uncles little ranch. It was free so to speak, I offered them the same opportunity on our ranch for mule deer next year. So I guess a trade of sorts.
It was fair chase, no high fences in the area. We are all fair chase all the time.

I wouldn't have minded a pay hunt on a ranch, but for our situation and time frame it just wasn't really an option. I do know a man in Jack County that may start having youth hunts next year. I don't know what the cost will be.

The only person I know of would be John Raby. I don't know if he has a good reputation or not. He is down by Snyder.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom