Texas panhandle aoudad

S-3 Ranch

Cold as a witches *** and snow , 33 inch sheep , .308win 150gn Norma
It was snowing and about 8* , when a group showed up after feeding over the rim , this old chapped one waited to long and met his demise

B52FE57C-F555-44D7-A746-A653159FC297.jpeg

E6879118-C824-408A-9564-160C2D338EF5.jpeg

congrats! Don't see many Aoudad success photos with snow.

Are these free range, no feeder hunts? If so with who?

congrats! Don't see many Aoudad success photos with snow.

Are these free range, no feeder hunts? If so with who?
Yes we don’t get much heavy snow , yes free range about 8000 acres , crop land behind the rough stuff , no guide just the cattle hand

What panhandle county did you take that beast? I've got access to a place outside of Silverton with some big rams in the caprock and breaks country. Congrats on a great ram!!!

What panhandle county did you take that beast? I've got access to a place outside of Silverton with some big rams in the caprock and breaks country. Congrats on a great ram!!!
hall county on the prairie dog town fork of the red

Last edited:
Did the Aoudad seem to handle that Winter Storm last Feb. OK?
I hear it killed quite a few other exotics.

hall county on the prairie dog town fork of the red
I've worked along the prairie dog town fork of the red in Hall Co years ago but never heard of any aoudad in that country back then. I guess the aoudad have been multiplying in good numbers and moving east along the breaks and caprock from Palo Duro. I spoke w/ the park rangers at Palo Duro SP a couple of years ago and they are overrun w/ aoudad! There are some bruisers out there from what they told me and TPWD is planning to issue more draw permits to hunt them. I hope to draw a tag one of these days... Where are you from S-3?

I've worked along the prairie dog town fork of the red in Hall Co years ago but never heard of any aoudad in that country back then. I guess the aoudad have been multiplying in good numbers and moving east along the breaks and caprock from Palo Duro. I spoke w/ the park rangers at Palo Duro SP a couple of years ago and they are overrun w/ aoudad! There are some bruisers out there from what they told me and TPWD is planning to issue more draw permits to hunt them. I hope to draw a tag one of these days... Where are you from S-3?
Sisterdale, and encinal ,port Mansfield

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom