Thank ___(don't want to offend the gentiles), its expo time!!

Actually my point is the auction permit program is not big enough to overcome the stupidity and greed of the majority which you are part of.

200 baby!

Trilip, you are too damn good to be true.

Gullible and mostly confused.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

>Hossblur, I have to agree
>with you. We need
>to put the deer tags
>back over the counter and
>make them unlimited. Sell
>all the tags over the
>counter. Do away with
>the 200 expo tags and
>also the conservation tags.
>They are just getting in
>the way. I am sure
>if we do this then
>we will start to see
>the deer come back and
>lots of elk and game
>to shoot. Great idea.
>

No, what we should do is continue to cut out more and more hunters. Perhaps if we get down to 50k than all will be well. Bird, in as much as you don't think Denny cares about me, he cares about you as much. Your right, history shows that when we had 250k hunters there were deer. We lost 150k and there aren't any. When we had 250k we were the 2nd biggest industry in the state, today, not even close. The definition insanity is to not see the results you want, yet continue to do the same thing over and over. Can we ever get back to the golden age? I don't think so, but who cares if we do if none of us can participate. We need more hunters, more of a voting block, more revenue from us, otherwise special interest groups will continue to get what they want, and like all special interest groups, money rules. When that money decides they don't want YOU to participate, they will weed you out as well. "In the end when they came for me there was no one there to do something"

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Dude sober up. Saturdays drug induced rant was bad enough but now you are demanding people find a way to come up with money! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE AUCTIONING TAGS? Yes YOU better come up with a lot more money. YOU specifically. If YOU come up with more money it won't matter how much dope your smoking the government and private industry will listen.

>Actually my point is the auction
>permit program is not big
>enough to overcome the stupidity
>and greed of the majority
>which you are part of.
>
>
>
>200 baby!

Maybe the $1M itself isn't, but the influence at affords SFW (and others) when it comes to making policy is. It obviously has influenced you enough to think anyone who disagrees with you is stupid and greedy. In spite of what you may claim, per the laws of Utah (and Texas), some of that $1M belongs to me, but when I object to someone using it to create laws and policies that favor those using it at the expense of those who provide it, those who use it (and you) have a tizzyfit. They (and you) sound like a politician I know who thinks the majority of his constituents are too stupid and greedy to take care of themselves, so he has to bypass congress, take (or somehow get) more money from his wealthy constituents and mandate laws to save us from our own stupidity and greed. This is capitalism? Really?

EFA, that boy trilip couldn't define capitalism
With a damn dictionary.

Great post.

TRISTATE 8/17/2012

I haven't read through all 200 replies and this might have already been said.
Howabout:
Cut the number of tags by 30% but charge double the money. 85,000 deer tags down to 60,000 @ $70 a tag. =$4,200,000
vs.
85,000 @ $35 = $2,975,000.

General elk could go to $100 @ 29,000 = $2,900,000
vs.
29,000 @ $45 = $1,305,000

=$2,895,000 +/- More in profits just from deer and elk. This could be used for everything in utah.

NO More conservation tags PERIOD!! This money would go directly to the DWR and not don paeys private club for canned hunting. Also Quit using an outside source to run application fee's. There's another million.
I would gladly pay a little more to hunt if there were lesser people to deal with. With the deer heard in the shape it is we should cut tags down even more.

2013 LE/OIL tag numbers/conservation tags/convention tag numbers

My disclaimer here is I have not double checked my numbers as I didn't want to spend a ton of time on this but this information is available to anyone who wants to spend 5 minutes on the dwr website. I am also not saying I am for or against anything here.

2013 draw tags which include Limited Entry and Once in a Lifetime tags. Resident hunters only and includes elk, deer, OIL and antelope.

2416 Elk
758 Antelope
376 OIL
926 Deer
4471 Total tags resident tags

4974 total tags if you include non-residents

2013 Convention tags, does not include any cougar, bear, Turkey and does not include only available to non resident hunters. These are the $5 entries at the expo.

131 total tags
136 total tags if you include non resident only draws

2013 conservation tags, again does not include cougar, bear, turkey. Available to anyone who can afford to buy them.

217 tags

Total tags taken from the pool of LE/OIL tags in the deer, elk, antelope, and OIL tags.

348 total tags
353 total tags if you include the non resident only from the convention.

Not worth a darn at math.

Is that 5% trilip??

TRISTATE 8/17/2012

No that isn't %5 of the total number of big game tags in Utah. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this. You want to pick and choose what you recognize as a tag.

>Maybe the $1M itself isn't, but
>the influence at affords SFW
>(and others) when it comes
>to making policy is. It
>obviously has influenced you enough
>to think anyone who disagrees
>with you is stupid and
>greedy.

Those are your words not mine. If you want to have a conversation don't start ranting like a ticked off woman.

In spite of what
>you may claim, per the
>laws of Utah (and Texas),
>some of that $1M belongs
>to me,

Really????? You must be waiting around every month at your mailbox for that DWR dividends check that we all used to get? Right? You remember that? When the state wildlife agencies paid us since. After all that was our money right? Do you actually know how money and governments work?

but when I
>object to someone using it
>to create laws and policies
>that favor those using it
>at the expense of those
>who provide it, those who
>use it (and you) have
>a tizzyfit.

And now we are back at that problem so many people here forget. IT'S THEIR MONEY TOO! That's right for decades you have been passing laws and supporting laws that kept them from having THEIR money spent the way they wanted. Now somehow when your greed isn't the advantaged it somehow has become wrong.

They (and you)
>sound like a politician I
>know who thinks the majority
>of his constituents are too
>stupid and greedy to take
>care of themselves, so he
>has to bypass congress, take
>(or somehow get) more money
>from his wealthy constituents and
>mandate laws to save us
>from our own stupidity and
>greed. This is capitalism? Really?
>

Again, your words. Not mine.

>....anyone who disagrees
>>with you is stupid and
>>greedy.
>
>Those are your words not mine.

Your words! Post 200

> If you want to
>have a conversation don't start
>ranting like a ticked off
>woman.

I notice that when you start losing the argument based on logic, you begin the name-calling in an attempt to rile up your opponent. It won't work with me, though it does invoke pity. I wish you well, my friend, as well as the women in your life!

>>...................save us
>>from our own stupidity and
>>greed.......
>>
>
>Again, your words. Not mine.
>

Again, those are your words. (post 200)

Elk,

GO BACK AND READ. "Majority" does not mean "everyone". IF YOU DESIRE TO QUOTE ME DO SO ACCURATELY! There are people on these forums which I don't think are stupid or greedy. The people fighting like rabid animals to protect a broken system get very little respect from me as conservationists or hunters though.

As for name calling I used a simile. I did not call you a woman. You behaved a certain way and I let you know you weren't behaving logically. If you can't handle that then tough crap. You haven't been able to handle much else that's been said to you with anything but childish emotion.

Also if you go back and check I very very rarely start the name calling until I have been called a name.

^^^ asshat

"When you are dead, you don't know that
you are dead. It is difficult only for the
others. It is the same when you are
stupid"

Do not continue to feed the bipolar.....
Surprised the gents with nets and straight jackets have not made it to a certain taxidermy yet.

Even if it is clearly crap to everyone else but him, he will tell you it smells like roses and he showers with it every day.

Everyone else-
Keep fighting the fight where it matters....

I made the drive to the expo the first two years..

Hosblur's first post - Precision Accuracy and Hilarious!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom