Thank you Fatrooster

Hellzbellz

Had the pleasure of running In to fatrooster yesterday in small town in southern Idaho. My wife and I walked into the cafe for a quick bite on our way back from a scouting trip....he was just getting ready to eat. After a few minutes of us sitting there I felt like I needed to go talk to him...he just looked like a hunter (might’ve been because he was wearing some Sitka gear :) ...) after a brief conversation he mentioned who he was on monster muley’s and I thought holy cow I’ve got the legend here!!! He finished up with his lunch before we did and said goodbye. When we went to pay for our meal the young lady at the cash register said that Guy just bought your lunch. Thanks fatrooster...your a genuine good person. The world needs a few more of you around. Best of luck on your hunt!

I met him in Elko about 10 maybe 15 years ago, cant even remember why we met up, I think it had something to do with Himalayan Snow cocks.
But I do remember he was a damn friendly guy.

I've only met the Rooster on this forum- he's a great guy! I've enjoyed communicating through this forum and corresponding via emails. I joined this group when I lived in Pioche and now reside in Panaca. I love this site and all the neat things that appear. I'm a deer/elk nut and not so successful antler hunter. Rooster told me he bought a deer antler because it was from Pioche Area & reminded him of me! Thought that was pretty cool!

Had the pleasure of running In to fatrooster yesterday in small town in southern Idaho. My wife and I walked into the cafe for a quick bite on our way back from a scouting trip....he was just getting ready to eat. After a few minutes of us sitting there I felt like I needed to go talk to him...he just looked like a hunter (might’ve been because he was wearing some Sitka gear :) ...) after a brief conversation he mentioned who he was on monster muley’s and I thought holy cow I’ve got the legend here!!! He finished up with his lunch before we did and said goodbye. When we went to pay for our meal the young lady at the cash register said that Guy just bought your lunch. Thanks fatrooster...your a genuine good person. The world needs a few more of you around. Best of luck on your hunt!

So you initiated a conversation with a gentleman because he was a hunter and then found out he was Fatrooster?
Thanks Joe

Not to highjack this thread, but kinda neat when we as fellow hunters have encounters like this. I am pretty amateurish compared to a lot of established and knowledgeable hunters. I do have a fb site called "Forky Pete's..." and a lot of locals know me by that. I even had a guide friend bust his butt to help me on my elk hunt FOR FREE. Anyway, I'm at a Boy Scout camp in northern Utah, in the chow line chatting with my scouts, maybe 800 people there- when a Scout leader from St. George, Utah (I'm from Panaca, NV) says: "Hey! It's Forky Pete!" I was flattered and amazed! He told me he loves my stuff! We had a great conversation about hunting for a little while. Another fellow from Las Vegas like my You Tube videos, and wanted to know if I had any more, so I sent a few of my personal videos. Anything we can do to help each other out. That's why I love this site- I overlook the negativity and look for all the good positive stuff that shows up! ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom