Thank You Wyoming! (pronghorn)

Zeke

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-14 AT 02:21PM (MST) by kilowatt (moderator)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8067rscn1845.jpg

8067rscn1845.jpg

13424306rscn1800.jpg

6853rscn1842.jpg

It was another great experience in the Cowboy State!

Total days hunted: 7
Total bucks seen: 238 (different bucks counted by me alone)
Total quad miles: 327
Total miles hiked: I didn't keep track but it was far.
Total adventure: Off the chart!

Thanks, you've treated this NR very well.

Zeke

Great buck Zeke! I like the mass and shape a lot. Was he the biggest buck you saw? What's the specs on that rifle?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-14 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]Zeker...Congrats on the nice Buck in Wyo. Like CA805 said, what is the rifle you were shooting, very nice looking "shooting iron" in the pic. I am building points again for another trip to Wy. for Lopes.

Going to Wyo in 4 weeks for our Elk hunt.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

GOOD LOOKING BUCK ZEKE !!! I JUST GOT BACK MYSELF, 3 OF US GOT DECENT BUCKS IN ONE DAY. CONGRATS TO YOU............YD.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-14 AT 02:24PM (MST)[p]Cahunter805,
I THINK he was the biggest (or second, or third, or... haha) buck that I saw. I could have hunted longer during the rifle hunt but when I saw this buck, things just happened.
I'll freely admit to anyone that I'm not the best judge around. I did as much research as possible and along with videos, friends, previous archery antelope kills etc, I made my choice and I'm plenty happy.
I also listened to good advice here on MM when guys said look for mass then prong, length was last to look at. I followed the advice and it paid off. After a while I started to notice the little things.

The rifle is based on a 700 action, chambered in 300 RUM, 168 TTSX Barnes, 2-12x Z6 TDS scope, Kevlar Brown precision stock blank which I bedded and finished.

Thanks,
Zeke

Thanks Kilowatt for correcting my turned photo.

Thanks for the kind comments. He's not the new world record that I was going for but he'll have to do. LOL

BTW: the rifle is matt chrome plated on chrome moly metal by accurate plating and weaponry. It's some darn tough stuff. Oh, and it shoots pretty well too. I'll leave it at that lest the nay-sayers come out of the woodwork.

Zeke

Zeke,

That bad boy is a beast. Nice work and congrats. That hog will get your heart pounding. Im extremely jealous

Very nice rifle Zeke! The Brown stocks are very nice. What did you paint it with? Looks very nice. Congrats again on an awesome animal and hunt!

I used automotive rocker coat for texture, after all the filling with bondo and primer, then a full coat of semi-flat black paint. I then over-sprayed the black stock with the same rocker coat to give it a grey mottled look. You can vary the shade of the stock by the amount of over-spray you apply.
Zeke

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it's damn beautiful to me!
3255dscn1568.jpg

3436dscn1570.jpg

Beautiful even when the wind blows (I know, it blows in Wyoming because Utah sucks! I have friends who live in Wyo so I've heard them all)

5220dscn1604.jpg

Zeke

Congrats - that's a really nice looking buck! Nice rifle as well, those Brown stocks are nice, I have an older KS Mtn rifle that came with a Brown and its one of my favorites.
Excellent pictures - I'll be out in Wyoming in a few weeks, need to find one like that:)

3369345.jpg

Our goats are very similar, Zeke. Congrats on the fine buck! Let's hope we can find a couple of similar 40"+ bulls, as well.

Zeke, wow! That's a great buck. Congratulations!

You were there by yourself?

I'm leaving in a couple days for my pronghorn hunt in WY. Kilbuc is going to show me around over in 67. I'm hoping I do as well as you!

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Zeke,

Congrats, looks like a fun time was had and you took a great pronghorn as well!

Win-win.

Sounds about a perfect lope hunt to me. You took your time, saw lots of bucks, and picked out a dandy to take home with you.

To each his own but i see hardly any fun in just shooting a lope. It's all about the hunt! Congrats Zeke!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

WOW ! Zeke, thats awesome. Congrats!

Now, you know I have not been to Wy (yet :)) but, I would have found a tree to camp under if it was me! LOL.

nocwalker

Hey u added some more pics to yer goat thread! Love the camp pics and the sun low in the sky shots! Still looks like a great goat zeke!

Well done Zeke. Congrats on a great looking antelope and some great memories. Wyoming hunting is awesome

Great buck! We sure saw a ton of them last week while I was elk hunting with my brother in area 45. Got me juiced to apply for a tag there!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>The wind blows in Wyoming???
>:)

well only cause Montana blows and Colorado sucks. so Wyoming gets the wind.

Zeke I keep coming back and looking at this pig. Im trying to remember if we talked through PMS? I deleted a lot of private messages.

>
>
>Zeke I keep coming back and
>looking at this pig.
>Im trying to remember if
>we talked through PMS? I
>deleted a lot of private
>messages.

We've PM'd a few times but never about pronghorn.
Thanks to all for the kind words!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-14 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]Great Goat Zeke!

It's nice to see you packing it out in a area where most wouldn't hesitate crossing the land on their wheelers.

Moose pics????

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-14 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]Mr heartshot
As you requested, I just posted my little moose story and a few pics in this section.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my pronghorn adventure!

Zeke

Zeke, that's a heart shaped beauty! Well done and hella great year!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Glad this thread was brought back up since I just got back on 11/2 from my 7 weeks out there. Great goat and nice rifle Zeke!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom