Thanks for the help

280ack

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-13 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]Thanks for all the help and tips for the hunt. It was a action packed hunt but there seemed to be a shortage bucks over 24 inches I guess there is just too many tags issued. Bow season was a blast but we decided to hold out and try to find better bucks during the rifle. With no luck after a week of hard hunting we decided to go after the same group of bucks we hunted during the bow season ended up taking the four point, then took the 3 point the last day, not really sure if we hunted this unit wrong or the unit just went down hill since 6 years ago. Regardless any day hunting is better than a day at work so now back to the grind. good luck if anyone has some late season tags!
2452dscn0432.jpg

1073dscn0430.jpg

2950dscn0417.jpg

1194dscn0380.jpg

Nice bucks. What you guys killed is pretty typical of what a guy can expect from 102 nowdays. The main thing is you had a fun, memorable hunt. Congrats.

Nice bucks and glad to hear you had a fun hunt. I don't think you hunted the unit wrong but rather you took a couple of bucks that are typical for the unit. I did not see anything better than what you took. My wife took this buck on the 26th. This was the best deer I saw when she was with me. It's her best deer to date and she was very happy. I saw this buck on the previous two days and with the help of the one guy we ran into that day we found him again. She packed a hind, front and head 1.3 miles back to the truck. I was very proud.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3758melindas_buck.jpeg
I ate my 102 tag. The deer she took will be plenty for our family this winter. Areas that where good places 10 years ago when I last hunted 102 seemed to be completely devoid of deer this time around. I keep hearing rumors of a few great bucks in 102 but I sure did not find them. But then again there are much better hunters than I out there.

I spent 3 days hunting one spot in particular, the place my wife took her buck and I have never seen more deer in any one spot. Mainly does and fawns with a few small bucks in the mix. In one day I would say we looked over 60-70 deer on this particular mountain. I think two weeks from now a guy could look over a few nice bucks. It was refreshing to find a spot that was not blanketed by trucks and 4 wheelers. We were able to spend the day hiking and only saw one other hunter.

mulecreek, I couldn't agree with you more on the deer numbers in one day we were able to count 28 legal bucks, during the trip we saw some great elk also and even saw some moose on teepee mountains. Some of the coolest and easiest to hunt country I have ever been in and the weather was great also, just to bad we weren't able to find the big one this time. Congrats on the wife's buck that makes it worth the trip, just getting to watch someone else take their biggest is as good as getting to shoot one yourself... Well almost as good!.

This is what this unit is now. You guys killed exactly what is there. Rest assured you didn't leave bigger bucks on the mountains. There will be 1 big deer (over 190) killed this year but the other 370 deer killed are this size, or smaller. Still nice bucks, Congratulations.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom