Thanks Mossback team

Aaron84

The mossback team are some of the nicest, coolest guys my cousin and I have ever met while out hunting. My cousin was lucky enough to draw a archery southwest desert bull tag aka rackman. He also had a archery buck tag both tags were filled saturday with two pope and young animals. Bull is a dandy and the buck is a nice as well. He is going to post pics and his story later this week. Anyways we met some of the mossback guys opening day and were very helpful. We ran into them again yesterday after my cousin stuck his bull. By the time we went to find the bull after about a hour it was pitch black. They helped us track it till the blood thinned out, than we backed of and left it till this morning. The next morning we found the bull the mossback boys came and helped us cape it and pack it out. So for all of you that talk ##### on them not cool in mine or my cousins eyes. These are stand up ppl who were glad to help us amature elk hunters get his bull. Before you go and bad mouth ppl you dont know because of hersay maybe meet them for yourself and you will see there good stand up ppl. So to Blaine, Cody, Decker, Jesse, Tracy, And Cody E. Thanks for all your help with everything and thanks for a place to crash. Best of luck on the rest of your hunt Cody hope you stick a monster.

Aaron

My cousin is gonna post his pics later on this week. Look for a post by rackman. He sealed the deal on two once in a lifetime animals in my book.

oddly enough, and contrary to what we normally read on here about mossback, I've ran into them several times on the mountain...cant say a bad word about them.

I ran into Kalen on the paunsaugunt with my wife. He videotaped her shooting her buck, then came and helped take pictures, and load it up. He's a real good guy. I also know Doyle and he seems to be a real nice guy.
I've heard the stories many times, but I'm good at just shacking my head and saying, "huh". That's it. I just chalk it up as "talk". I like to think I have a good feel for how many people are, and.....well, many people like to talk about things they know little about because it excites their borrowing lives. That's what I think. But I don't know......

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

The guys probably are good guys, I doubt they are satan or his spawn. My guess though is neither of the animals you took were on there clients menus. Had they been my guess is you wouldn't been so happy with the fellas. I don't like the way they operate(it is a very effective buisness without a doubt). The cover the mtn.s with a bunch of paid eyes is good for the client, pretty bad for anyone else trying to hunt. I don't think they brought the Spider bull out of a ranch, but I DO think they had planes out scouting. That bull was IT. We all knew about him, we had all seen pics, and we all knew Mossback was hunting him. Had they not got him the mistique of Mossback would have been tarnished. Doyle pretty much had his buisness on the line and I believe, because we all saw it that they pulled out all the stops to get spider. I don't think they did anything illegal, but UNETHICAL? You be the judge, I know my opinion. Congrats on your critters, and good for the mossback guys for being nice guys, but again funny thing about a reputation is that most of the time its earned. They have the reputation for being very effective and that is true, the other reputation for being ruthless pretty much has been earned as well.

My limited experience with Doyle Moss and his crew were very much along the same lines as Aaron. When I hunted the Monroe unit in 2008 (the year they were hunting the bull Denny Austad shot) I ran into Doyle several times, Kalen once and another of their guides (can't remember which one) and they were all friendly, and offered to help me with advice on where they were seeing bulls, as well as offered to help out if I needed any when I shot a bull. My experinece with them was better than that of many others I've come across over the years. My own view is that quite a few of the people who denigrate them do it for reasons other than personal experiencw with them.

There are lots of mossback guys and I am sure a lot of them are great guys. Probably just a few bad apples in the bunch. I also agree that they are more than willing to help if you are not after one of their designated client bulls...

It just seems to me to not be much fun when you have 10 guides or eyes helping one hunter. At what point does it become killing instead of hunting? One step above a high fence...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-10 AT 09:00AM (MST)[p]WHOA! Hossblur, that's exactly what I'm talking about when you make the comment where you alledge they used airplanes to scout for the spider bull. That is a total, complete fabrication. You have absolutely no justification in saying that. I know that for a fact, as I was hunting the same areas as they were at the very same time. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing a single small airplane the entire time I hunted, and the use of small airplanes while hunting is a pet peeve of mine, so believe me, if I'd seen that I would have commented on it. You have no justification at all to make the comment you just did, so I'll publicly ask what your motiviation is. What you alledged MAY have happened, in fact...did not. I can say that with total confidence, as I was there. You, obviously, were not. In fact, I was camped right across from the mountain where Mr. Austad missed the spider bull a few days after I left. I looked at that mountain every day I was there, there were NO airplanes around at all, other than jetliners flying high overhead. So, why do you make that comment? I did see more than a few slob hunters while on Monroe, but none of them were associated with Mossback.

Hossblur, your comment is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about when I said some people denigrate them without direct, personal experience; or for other motives. You should retract your irresponsible comment about Mossback using airplanes during the hunt. It DID NOT happen.

I agree with elkhunter96, there are good guys and bad guys on the mossback crew. I have heard just as many good stories about people who have encountered them as bad stories about them.
No one can argue about their results, they harvest some giants. I have a few friends who have hunted with them, they all like the mossback team, and got great animals. Everyone of them said it felt more like shopping for animals than hunting. If its the trophy your after mossback will get it done. However if its the hunt your after you may not enjoy them.
This is all based off experiences of close friends of mine. The guys from mossback that I have met are all great guys. Just not sure I would hunt with them, I am still on the fence. They are more reasonably priced than I expected.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

nuts, its well known that mossback has his own fleet of predator drones, they fly at 30,000 feet and take high quality images...you dont even know they are there..What do you think nunya does all day,sits and pilots a drone, like he's playing video games, then gives everyone crap about posting here..thats what i heard anyway. ;-)

Thats a great story, and im sure they are nice guys. The part I dislike about the modern hunting scene is just the fact that there are these teams out running all over the hills looking for the biggest set of horns.

I don't understand how ppl think they have all these guys spotting for one hunter. They had one hunter in the group and five guys helping find a bull. Thats not a lot if you ask me. We ran into another hunter who said they have around fifteen guys looking for bulls but nobody rags on them for it. Cody aka Peakfreak had a bull tag in his pocket and he was more than glad to stop chasing bulls for a little bit and help us out. I know this is a public forum and everyone has the right to say whats on there mind, but please if you don't have anything nice to say about mossback or anyone in that matter, don't post on my thread. Start your own thread thankyou. Goodluck on all those who have tags this year its a good year.

Aaron

+1 kawboy.

I've never ran into them on the mtn, or hunted with them. I've heard most the bad stuff about them with no proof it actually happened. I have talked to a few people that have hunted with them and they said the same as what kawboy said. I know if I had a tag and was going to hire an outfitter it would be mossback. You can't argue with their results year after year.
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-10 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]Not to be negitive. But Blaine,Cody and Jesse aren't your typical mossback guys.They are studs. I am not saying anything about the other mossback guides positive or negitive. But these guys just love to hunt !

Mossback crew helped by son and I a few years back on the Pahvant late elk hunt. They helped us get on some bulls and when we finally conected on the last evening, they helped us pack the bull out. Will be forever grateful for their assistance. From our experience with them, they were fantastic. Gave more help than I ever would have expected from someone you meet out hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-10 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]Those Mossback guys are helpful. And I'm so glad the Canadians let IsayNUNYA back across the border. Welcome home, eh.

Thanks Aaron84 for doing this post, It was much needed. The Mossback guys seem to always get a bad wrap from everyone. All I can say is WOW! They were great! They took us under there wing and helped us out with my first bull. I am glad that we had them there with the experience they had, or we would have been out there alot longer. Thank you so much Mossback Team for all of your help this last weekend. I also wanted to thank the guys here on MM for pointing me in the right direction. I am going to post a couple of pictures for everyone. I will have my story all finished up within the next couple of days and post it on here.

7399trophy_hunt_pics_august_2010_022.jpg

4985trophy_hunt_pics_august_2010_023.jpg

Here is a pic with Aaron84
5356trophy_hunt_pics_august_2010_019.jpg

3009trophy_hunt_pics_august_2010_031.jpg

8897trophy_hunt_pics_august_2010_037.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-10
>AT 09:00?AM (MST)

>
>WHOA! Hossblur, that's exactly what
>I'm talking about when you
>make the comment where you
>alledge they used airplanes to
>scout for the spider bull.
> That is a total,
>complete fabrication. You have
>absolutely no justification in saying
>that. I know that
>for a fact, as I
>was hunting the same areas
>as they were at the
>very same time. I
>don't recall ever seeing or
>hearing a single small airplane
>the entire time I hunted,
>and the use of small
>airplanes while hunting is a
>pet peeve of mine, so
>believe me, if I'd seen
>that I would have commented
>on it. You have
>no justification at all to
>make the comment you just
>did, so I'll publicly ask
>what your motiviation is.
>What you alledged MAY have
>happened, in fact...did not.
>I can say that with
>total confidence, as I was
>there. You, obviously, were
>not. In fact, I
>was camped right across from
>the mountain where Mr. Austad
>missed the spider bull a
>few days after I left.
> I looked at that
>mountain every day I was
>there, there were NO airplanes
>around at all, other than
>jetliners flying high overhead.
>So, why do you make
>that comment? I did
>see more than a few
>slob hunters while on Monroe,
>but none of them were
>associated with Mossback.
>
>Hossblur, your comment is exactly the
>kind of thing I'm talking
>about when I said some
>people denigrate them without direct,
>personal experience; or for other
>motives. You should retract
>your irresponsible comment about Mossback
>using airplanes during the hunt.
> It DID NOT happen.
>

I will clarify, I was not there during the hunt didn't have a tag so I didn't want to bother you guys who did, during the summer was another story. Second, who killed spider? If they were more than willing to help you out why didn't you kill him? I don't blame them, they were getting paid a ton to kill that bull, but to say they were helpful is kidna funny, if they could keep you chasing other bulls, it was good for them right? Yeah, pretty common knowledge they pay finders fees for animals, which means they have the guides, and every other tom, #####, and henery on the mtn. Pretty sure I read on this sight that a lady videoed Spidey like ten miles away. Did she just give the video to Doyle cuz she was friendly? Doubt it, and good for her if she got paid. Again, Mossback is the best at what they do in this state without a doubt. A reputation that is earned, year after year. Spidey is a Mossback bull, no question. Funny how if you mention the other reputation suddenly your lying. Keeping you chasing bulls other than the one they were paid to kill is good buisness, not friendliness. Don't get it twisted. Are they good, yup! Are they interested in hunting, talking hunting, etc, YUP! Are they law breakers? I doubt it, not because they are above it any more than anyone else, but because it is bad for buisness, and don't ever forget, killing is their buisness. Had you killed spidey it would have devistated their buisness. On MM the next day the post would have been about a guy form Cali killing Spidey while Doyle and his army couldn't deliver. The reputation for being the best is earned, so is the one for being shady! And by the way, Doyle has guided for years and years, your week on the monroe(which I read about pretty much every day-cool idea you had) was one week, not really the best defense for the company. I have no personal motivation, I don't hunt the pahvant, don't think their is an animal in the world worth the price of a house, won't use a guide in the state I live in, don't bid on auction tags, and am bothered by selling inches for cash, I will I doubt ever run into Doyle or Mossback. But to pretend he/they are just good ole boys out in the trees helping everyone out is pretty rediculous, if you had a good experience great, but again, who killed the bull everyone with a Monroe tag was chasing? Also, to show the character of them, check their website, notice the scores of all the bulls and how great they are until it comes to the kid that killed that ugly bull and the caption explains how he passed on better bulls, etc. Stupid kid didn't understand that ugly bull wasn't good for buisness and Mossback made sure to explain that to everyone, bet that kid was happy, mossback got paid, why slap the kid on there website?? Just good guys that are misunderstood again I guess.

Congrats thats one heck of day of hunting for ya. I haven't meet all the Mossback guys but the few that I have meet seem to be great guys.

Congrats again on a couple of great archery trophies.

IB

I know most of the Mossback buys that Aaron was taling about and they are great guys. I have played ball gone to school done business (non hunting)and been around Cody, Jesse and Tracy for a long time and they are like Aaron said great guys.

Congrats to you Aaron and Rackman on the great animals and thanks for posting props to some of the good guys.

Jeff

You guys that are always down on "Doyle and company", crack me up!

The man is very good at what he does, has no violations stopping him from doing what he does and EVERY ONE of these types of posts is cheap advertising for him!

If I was Doyle Moss, I would laughing my azz off at you whiners!

Somehow, just because there is money involved, having 5 guys scouting someone else's bull, becomes different than if you have 5 relatives and friends doing the EXACT same thing. How retarded is that concept?

The bottom line is, if you KNOW that these guys have EVER done anything illegal, prove it.....otherwise, you are just a sniveler, and I have way less respect for you than I do for "Mossback".

When it's all said and done, Doyle looks successful .....and you look like a 3rd grader who wet her pants in class!

You are in a pretty select club with those kills. That buck is just PRETTY and the bull has some character which is exactly what I like. Congrats.

It's always an adventure!!!

Nice buck and bull. Thats pretty cool they went out of their way to help you out great job and now the work begins of butchering in less of course you take your animals in for that.

Need more stories like this out there. Congrats Randall on some awesome animals.

My story was just posted under the hunt adventure challenge. The tittle is, the hunt for tipsy. Its long but well worth it to read.

I have video. Think what you want, I know the truth and that's all that matters. Thanks again mossback for the hat and all of your help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom