Thanks, TFinalshot

ricochet

I just want to publicly thank Tony for steering me toward a good camera and lens combo (I got a Nikon D70s and Nikon 80-400 AF VR lens). It nearly broke the bank but worth every penny. Yesterday was my first day with the camera, so I've got a lot to learn about its capabilities but, hey, I'm happy already.
_DSC0107.jpg

Nice pic!

For the wealth of knowledge T has in photography, it sure is nice to not get a bill for his help.

Thanks T

All I can say is wow, that's fantastic! That shot has great detail in the elk, and in that lighting, great job!

I love it. . .

Thanks for the thanks, I hope you get as much enjoyment from that set up as I get from mine!

Youre hooked now, hope you dont have a wife that likes you to be home all the time!

Thanks again guys.

Now for the bad news. . .

My D70 completely died two days ago. I went to shoot with it after setting in down on the seat next to me and when I picked it up, it was completely dead - dead - dead! No life, no little green blinking light on the back, just dead. Lucky for me, I purchased the $80, three year extended warranty from MACK at the time of purchase from the camera dealer.

It cost me $20 bucks (shipping and insurance) to send the camera it, and $10 bucks for them to ship it back. That's about $110 bucks to have my camera back in working order. Interestingly enough, the camera has already outlived its projected life so we will see how long it lasts after it gets fixed. I have shot more that the 40,000 frames that the camera is built to handle. . .

By the way, this is the first major problem I've had with Nikon after shooting them for the last 10 years. . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom