Thanks.

Iowan

I joined my brother on his recent elk hunt and we had a great experience but short. He took this bull on the first evening of the hunt. We scouted two days in advance and watched this bull from four miles work a wallow two nights in a row. Good glass is worth every penny. Thanks to those that offered assistance and information.

1051vv_curt_off_to_side.jpg

We were both pretty reserved after he killed this bull, we soaked it in knowing these are rare moments.

I measured him and ended up with a net score of 352". When we have him scored officially I will post the score sheet. This elk has already been at our dinner table three times!

When will they have the results for the 2015 draw posted :)

Our deer hunting in Iowa does not even really get going for another 45 days.

Good luck to you all the rest of the season.

2231vv_curt_rain_drop.jpg

Man, beautiful bull! Love the dark horns and Ivory tips. Definitely should be proud of that guy, especially if that's the Valle Vidal. I had the muzzle-loader hunt there a few years ago and never saw anything that big.

Congrats!

Travis

Iowan, great bull. You deserved it. You both left camp early and got back late for those two days. Saw your vehicle parked on FR 195X from dawn to dusk two days before the opener and shared the same campground as you.

Post up a story on the hunt as you are able. Would make a good read.
Again, very impressive.

That's a great bull. Would love to read the story.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Toklat

What were you driving? Anyone that thinks that is an easy hunt is crazy. It was hot and we did not see anything good until we were miles from the road. We were lucky to find that bull so early in the hunt. Are you still hunting?

Thanks.

Russ

Russ, we were in a silver crew cab duramax. Unfortunately, we were just camping as did not draw a tag for that unit. Have been trying to draw a tag for that area for over 30 years and no luck to date. Glad you drew out and killed a beast.
We were in that unit two weeks prior to your hunt and had located a 330-340 hard horned and polished bull also about 2.5 miles in and in an area not may folks even think about.

I thought you were going to have a hard hunt as the elk were not bugling yet but you pulled it off and was really happy when I read your post.

Again, congrats and you truly earned what you took. Awesome bull for that unit these days or any other unit for that matter.

Best looking bully I've seen on here all year, just a hammer! Especially for the norte no, where "there aren't any big bulls" :)

Nicely done!

wow. i wasnt even aware that u guys had got a bull. not sure if u mentioned it in ur pm but ive been stressed a lot lately so i may have forgot. thats really an awesome bull. i wish i could tell the real story on mine but if i do it will absolutely give away the location of my honey hole so i have to keep quiet on that and only speak out to my friends in person. lets just say that theres a lot of guides trying to figure out where i keep smoking my bulls at. u need to contact me sometime. i know where u can have a good time chasing 360 bulls with a bow every year.

The drying time has passed and I have had my brother's bull officially scored by a certified BC and PY scorer (not by my neighbor, the taxidermist, or even worse by myself). I am not sure I have ever seen someone post an official scoring sheet on here so after a week or two I will post the official sheet to see who gets closest. I am still rounding up some stuff for him to send it in.

I will give you one clue - it makes P and Y!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom