The "AR CRAZE"

bayside

So it blows me away the prices that people are paying for AR's recently. It seems that there isn't much of a chance that they're going to be banned, but instead of being patient and waiting till the crazies calm down, people are paying double what they're actually worth. Anyone have any insight? I just don't seem to understand it.

Its pretty simple really, the risk of not ever being able to own one far out-weighs the financial burden of purchasing one.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I almost bought a couple after the election. Now I wish I had, could have sold one to pay for the them both.

Simple supply and demand. The demand went way up and supply couldn't keep pace. Now the prices reflect that.
I am a dealer and the amount of questions I get related to AR's and Pmags far outweigh anything else. No one wants to get caught after the ban without one.

Its not just AR's. I had a norinco sks that I bought for $150, put a plastic stock on it and sold it for $500. Took about 10 min to sell. Sold it to a an investment banker who said he really had no plans to shoot it, he was buying investments. I have never really got into the AR thing, so even at their previous prices I was suprised what people paid for them, but the prices now are laughable!

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Bayside- What do you mean "there isn't much of a chance that they're going to be banned"..? Did I miss something..?

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

The interesting part is the demand side. Why did demand suddenly increase? Because of the simply thought of possibly not being able to own one in the future. I would venture to guess that most of the AR's being bought now are simply because they are worried they wont be able to. Not that they really want one but rather they don't want to not have the ability to have one.

It sure is crazy as He11, I have a nephew who has stock in Cabelas and his return right now is outstanding. I'm guessing he making bank on his investment.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom