The best budget bino I've ever seen

dryflyelk

I have had the opportunity over the last week or so to demo and test a pair of Columbia Timberline binoculars, made by Kruger Optical. Doug sent me these with the corresponding link, showing cameraland was going to sell these binos for about $80. Honestly, I expected about $80 worth of binocular. I was wrong.

Here is a quick down and dirty video I made about this nifty 8x42. I haven't seen another deal out there that comes close to this one. If you are on a budget, a really tight budget, or you're just a thrifty outdoorsman, you owe it to yourself to take a look at these binos. They are excellent.

After watching my review vid, I realize that there are some things I didn't go over thoroughly. It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive, scientific review. It was meant as a subjective, value oriented, general thoughts type of review. I can't imagine anyone buying these and not coming away thoroughly impressed.

I may sound like a commercial for Doug and Cameraland, but the only way he's paid me is with great service and excellent prices. I'd highly recommend cameraland and this binocular to anyone. If I thought they sucked I'd say as much.

Video:

Link to binos on cameraland's site:
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics2/kruger.pl?page=kruger_timberline8x42

Great review... thanks for the info. I am going to look into these a little more now.

I am on a fairly tight budget, (somewhat newlywed, fairly young and still trying to get established) and I ended up picking up the Columbia Malhuer spotter from Cameraland and have been quite impressed with it. I have compared it side by side with spotters that I spent as much $ on (no name brands) as well as a vortex nomad and it blows them all out of the water.

Like you mentioned, for someone like me who is on a budget, but wants decent gear to get them through until they can afford the really good stuff... These products are definitely worth a look.

And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my great experience working with Doug and co out at Cameraland! First class service for sure!

I bought a pair of the 10x for my sister and they are quite nice for the $$.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom