The Big 5

WyoXtec

Here are a few pics of the Big 5. He has just over 50 inch main beams, haven't put a complete tape to him yet, doesn't matter cause he won't score well anyway.

64122011_elk2.jpg

Been a tough hunt this year prior to getting lucky on this one. The elk had been relatively quiet and in small groups, mothernature seemed to have forgotten to hit the RUT switch in this area. My buddy Pat from Wisconsin drew out this year and was the reason I shot this bull, thanks Pat. The last two times Pat drew we were able to get him nice 6x6's on the first day and we both knew we had likely used up our elk luck. I had meetings for work in the area and decided to do a quick evening hunt at the cabin with Pat instead of staying in a motel room. Didn't really plan on shooting anything. When I arrived at the cabin that evening, Pat said he had been on a group of bulls that morning but had a bad wind and wisely backed out. We discussed their location and how call shy the elk had been and decided to go in close to where the elk had bedded and Indian around without calling.

93602011_elk3.jpg

When we arrived at the far meadow, the cows were already out feeding. We had a few more yards to gain to put us in a shooting situation when the bull came screaming out of the timber. He must have bugled four or five times in a row and that got the cows attention and gave us an opportunity to gain the last few yards for a clear shot. The bull immediately chased a cow towards my shooting lane and stopped broadside, I shot him for 40 and we later ranged it at 44. The rest is history, thanks for being there Pat. That was an awesome hunt.

89832011_elk5.jpg

Who cares what he scores. Thats one Bad-a$$ looking 5 point. Ide drop him for sure. Congrats!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-11 AT 08:34AM (MST)[p]Who cares about score! A big bull is a big bull! That sir is a BIG BAD 5! I love it! Way to go.

I agree, who cares about scores! That is a beautiful bull you can be proud of. Congrats!

congrats on a good bull you hunt'n fool.

D-3 tech,HINT,HINT.

"if you want some get some...if your bad enough come take some"

Tory
That a fine looking 5x5 with good whaletails. You have to love a hunt that comes together like this one did.
Elk luck I'm thinking you guy's have just about used it all up. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Hey Tory congrats again. Pictures turned out great and already
are bringing back memories. Smacked my two goats and then headed
home. On the drive back I had time to reflect on our hunt and
how lucky I was to be part of taking the Big 5. No elk for me
this time but oh so close. Thanks again , Pat

Boy oh boy! Congrats on a sweet bull! You are quite a successful hunter. I've enjoyed many of your photos over the years. Keep 'em coming. Congrats again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom