The boys filled the freezer!

SlimShedy

After drawing the Wasatch muzzy tag last year I thought we were done with good elk tags for a few years but my oldest boy got lucky and drew the Wasatch early rifle this year with 5 points. We found a great 343 class 5x6 for him and he sealed the deal with a single 436 yard shot.
1652img_0449.jpg

1913img_0366.jpg

Pretty cool to be able to share that experience with both of my boys and my good friend.
7604img_0377.jpg

October found us in the middle of the "Pumpkin Patch" trying to fill my younger boys general deer tag. After a missed opportunity on a solid 28" old gray faced four point opening morning we were able to turn up this huge bodied three point. Old boy was built like a tank! Another single 400+ yard shot and it was back to work.
3081img_0448.jpg

I think I've got a couple marksmen on my hands and couldn't have been more proud of how they did. Didn't even get to hunt for myself when it was all said and done but wouldn't change a thing. What an awesome year!

Here i was expecting to see a couple dead does and maybe a small buck or two but, DAMN, the boys done Good! Freezer fillers and dang nice trophies! Congrats!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Job well done by your sons and the family will enjoy many a fine meal this winter & well into spring time.

RELH

Good looking animals. Congrats to you all...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

congrats to your boys!
Does that bucks bases flare out right at the bottom? I shot a big bodied buck like that a couple years ago and taxi said he was past his prime, not sure I believe it.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

Thanks for the responses guys. It makes the boys feel good knowing that they put the steaks on the dinner plate.
Mntman...Those bases on that buck did flare a lot but judging by his teeth, he still had quite a few years left in him. Definitely not past his prime.

That is a good way to fill the freezer and the trophy room as the same time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom