The Claw

HuntinFoo

Has anyone used mossbacks claw, what do you think of it? Does it came with a tripod, or is the price for the claw only?

Is it THE Claw? Or is it Mossback's version?? Meaning, are they selling the same product that can be obtained from thegunclaw.com?

If it's this same one, then YES I have used it. I bought one recently and have been target shooting from it. Is this the same 'claw'?? If it is the same one, then mine did NOT come with a tripod. Had to purchase that (and the head....) separately.

S.

:)

I just checked into it, and it is the same one, it looks like a good idea and a solid rest, but for that price with no tripod it is quite pricy in my opinion. I may just have to use my tripod alone.

Yea, you're right. It's a bit steep, but worth it IMO. Funny thing (not as in LOL, but as in ironic...) is that once I bought it, I then found myself shopping for a MUCH better (and expensive :-( ) tripod and head than my old set-up. I had kind of a 'cheapy' Slik aluminum tripod, and realized that it just would NOT have given me the stability that I would need. The Claw would be worthless without a good tripod.

Redrabbit from this site gave me some pointers, and I ended-up purchasing a new carbon tripod. Lots of money, but I'm very satisfied with the result. Proof will be in the pudding this fall for myself and my kids though! ;-)

Good luck, what ever you decide!

S.

:)

The GUNCLAW works like a dream on the right tripod, I have been using it out at the range and the results are outstanding. This years hunts it will be the first thing in the pack.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Last time I went out and sighted my rifle in, I was able to shoot off the Claw and get 1/4" group. So, the accuracy is there. I had spent $100 on my old Bipod and this is much better in my opinion, $20 is worth it.

If one uses the Claw and also puts Stoney Point Steady Stix under the butt, the rifle is rock-steady.
CopyofSedona1-2509034.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom