The future of long range sniping

smokepoler63

Here are a couple of video clips that any long range or sniper enthusiast would find interesting. This round and weapon system are incredible! I wonder how a system like this would effect my success rate out elk hunting? LOL, just kidding. It is amazing what they are able to do with this rifle/ammo combination!

Bet those gave stinkystomper a woodie :D

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

That would be a great elk rifle but I want one of these for those dam chukars.
Wes

Here are a few things that struck me as impressive.

This round has a ballistic coefficient of .945

This round is supersonic out to 2,200 yards

This round is 1/3 the weight, has significantly less recoil, and has more kinetic energy passed 400 yards than the .50 cal.

The Advanced Ballistic Computer takes the rotation of the earth into the calculation.

It took a guy on a quad 25 minutes to retrieve the target at 2,530 yards (that's almost a mile and a half shot).

Quite a system to say the least. Smokepoler63

sorry guys I had to quit watching this one. I didn't really think cheytac would produce this thing comercially after the crap going around shot show last year. I first talked to some people at edm arms. Look at the edm windrunner and tell me if you notice any similarities. Next I talked to the gentleman who helped ronnie barret design the 416 barret hence the reason I purchased my 460 steyr(they are very similar). Both people, edm and the 416 designer, worked for cheytac. They told me that the 408 cheytac had problems because cheytac sold out and was then scrapped for profits. They claim the accuracy was taken out of the gun and replaced with profits. There were a lot of unhappy customers hanging out at the cheytac booth who had recently purchased a 408 and were trying to warn anyone interested in the gun. Well this video shows the 408 cheytac round still being used, but the shape of the gun has changed. It looks like it was dropped into an edm windrunner body. On an optimistic note, Maybe the cheytac guys hired their accuracy guys back and maybe they didn't, but for that kinda money I will stay completely away from it. Besides, I won't shoot past 1800 yards with my 50 nor will i ever need to. And at 1500 yards I can hit any elks shoulder +/- 5" off center shoulder. Who knows, maybe the gun is awesome, I've just seen future weapons build up too many guns that I went out and bought only to find out future weapons is a paid advertisement. I will freely admit I know little about this gun and have zero experience with it so take my two cents for what they are..... two cents.

stinky

4918bc530d0e7097.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom