THE HOLY WAR IS OVER!!!!

257Tony

Long Time Member
AMAZING FINISH TO A GREAT GAME!! CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS, BUT YOU CANT BEAT THE CANNON ARM THAT IS JOHN BECK!!! 33-31 BYU

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-06 AT 05:48PM (MST)[p]Tony beat me to the punch. What a game.I wasn't sure the officials would let BYU win this one. Im not usually one to type in all caps, but:

RISA ALL LOYAL COUGARS AND HURL YOUR CHALLENGE TO THE FOE.
WE WILL FIGHT, DAY OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SNOW.
LOYAL, STRONG, AND TRUE
WEAR THE WHITE AND BLUE
WHILE WE SING, GET SET TO SPRING.
COME ON COUGARS, ITS UP TO YOU. OH!

RISE AND SHOUT, THE COUGARS ARE OUT
ALONG THE TRAIL TO FAME AND GLORY.
RISE AND SHOUT, ARE CHEERS WILL RING OUT
AS YOU UNFOLD YOUR VICTR'Y STORY.

ON YOU GO TO VANQUISH THE FOR FO ALMA MATERS SONS AND DAUGHTERS.
AS WE JOIN IN SONG, IN PRAISE OF YOU, OUR FAITH IS STRONG.
WE'LL RAISE OUR COLORS HIGH IN THE BLUE
AND CHEER OUR COUGARS OF BYU.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO COUGARS!!!!!!

33-31......10-0 MWC, 10-2 OVERALL!!!

TUFF

Did you hear Eric Weddle's comments after the game? WHat a stallion, a Man among boys on the Ute team. I expect we may see him in the big leagues, along with my boy Jo. Beck.

Go Cougars!!! What a game. Felt like Lavells last game in 2000. What a comeback. Hats off to the Utes they were awesome too. I still can't believe it. Beck is awesome.

phenominal!
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I actually didn't hear any of the comments after the game....i was too busy putting a giant Y on my brothers neighbors house!! (yep they are Ute fans).

Eris Weddle is an ABSOLUTE STUD!! The dude is amazing and will definitely be playing in the pros along with John Beck, Curtis Brown, and Johnny Harline!!

Absolutely a great game. Loyal UTAH fan here though so tough pill to swallow. BYU deserved to win if for nothing else to finish a great season. I would have loved to see Utah be the spoiler though. Weddle and Harline will be definate first rounders but J. Beck and Brown won't go until the second. A lot of really good quarterbacks and running backs this year.

Was it just me or did those refs really have a hard time. I'm not whining, I thought they made some major mistakes on both sides of the ball that could have cost either team the game. Congrats Cougars! Now finish it and don't choke in the Las Vegas Bowl.

It's always an adventure!!!

I agree with you on the refs, man they were very indecisive, as well a Harline, that guy could be amazing with a few more pounds, 6'4" and 4.5 speed, damn.

You know the refs were having an off day when the only penalities that were called in the first half were a pair of false starts...one for Utah....one for BYU. I just couldnt believe the no call on the "roughing the kicker" when the Utes plowed over our punter and the ref in standing 5 feet away....UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVEABLE.

That game....especially that last play....will go down in the rivalry history books as one of the most exciting EVER!!

No question about that. I have to admit, I did breathe a sigh of relief when Utah was giving BYU a game. I honestly didn't expect them to contend. That was just an awesome game to watch! I watch a lot of football and that had to be one of the best games of any games played this year. Hopefully both teams will step up and finish this season with a couple of bowl wins.

I'm lds & there is not other team I despise more than BYU. I'm not a Ute fan either, born in AZ, Sundevils all the way. Sorry guys, they only time I root for them is if they're playing Notre Dame.

>Did Jo. Beck bawl on TV
>after the game?

Only a little, but poke fun all you want, he'll be the one bawling all the way to the bank next year ;-)

No NFL team wants a crybaby?:)

Do ya think he will buy you a new Dodge when he is rich buddy?;-)

>No NFL team wants a crybaby?:)
>
>
>Do ya think he will buy
>you a new Dodge when
>he is rich buddy?;-)

I'm pretty sure there is a few teams that need a QB with a super-cannon arm. And I suppose he could buy one each truck and a new house with that first months salary.

"Eris Weddle is an ABSOLUTE STUD!! The dude is amazing and will definitely be playing in the pros along with John Beck, Curtis Brown, and Johnny Harline!!"

Call me jaded, but Weddle is a little too much on the pale side to be considered anything but a special teamer. The man is a demon, but will be robbed. You heard it here first.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-06 AT 00:44AM (MST)[p]Not a chance JimNV. Go to the NFL web page...Weddle is on the top of everybodies list for all purpose ironmen. Nothing but praise from scouts. He hits like a freakin freight train too! First round and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a return guy/receiver/defender (monster back). He's as fast as any of the african american DB's.

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/weddle_eric00.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/s.html

Hats off to both teams, bummer for me to see BYU pull it out at the end but they stepped it up. I was surprised to see Utah compete the way they did, the only question I have is who the H$#% was supposed to cover Harline? Everyone knew he was gonna be the target and he proved them right. Great game though.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-06 AT 05:27PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-06 AT 03:22?PM (MST)

AWLB, Weddle may be on top of the draft list, but so was Dustin Fox a couple of years ago. Where is he? Special teamer in Minnesota (I think). Weddle, if he is lucky, will be "bulked" up and maybe get to play strong safety. Maybe. Special teams my friend. The fix is in and has been for years. The stereotype is deep and ingrained.

I also noted his 40 time, the holiest of holy's when judging someones athleticism. (Which is utter bull). Its only 4.5. Now for certain stereotypical athletes, thats more than sufficient. For Weddle, Brock Forsey, Luke Staley, Kevin Kasper, and too many more to mention, just not fast enough.

How did this game come to be known as a holy war anyway ?
I thought that meant 2 different religious school competing.
Maybe it's simply good vs evil.
If that be the case, does that make the U of U the Devil ?
}> }> }> }> }> }>
}> }> }> }> }> }>
}> }> }> }> }> }>

>If that be the case, does
>that make the U of
>U the Devil ?
>}> }> }> }> }> }>
>}> }> }> }> }> }>
>}> }> }> }> }> }>

Nope, just their fans. :)

I hope you're wrong Jim. I would love to see him smoke some of those guys in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed as a receiver. You have to admit, 4.5 is pretty fast for a white guy. I didn't see too many top recruits that were faster than that. 4.45 was the fastest. I guess time will tell.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-06 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]It's a Utah thing - you wouldn't understand. I'm glad that BYU won - Beck is a stud and they should be undefeated - bad errors against AZ and BC cost them big time! But I'd still rather be a Ute than a Zoobie!

Here is an awesome highlight video for those of you who didn't get to see it or who need to see it again:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2309729676780902111&hl=en

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-06
>AT 10:53?AM (MST)

>
>It's a Utah thing - you
>wouldn't understand. I'm glad that
>BYU won - Beck is
>a stud and they should
>be undefeated - bad errors
>against AZ and BC cost
>them big time! But I'd
>still rather be a Ute
>than a Zoobie!
>
>Here is an awesome highlight video
>for those of you who
>didn't get to see it
>or who need to see
>it again:
>
>http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2309729676780902111&hl=en
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Way cool Roy! Thanks for posting it!

No, J Beck did not cry, but Kyle W could have used a tissue..... Ute fans have no ground to stand on with the crying thing now.

Andy

>No, J Beck did not cry,
>but Kyle W could have
>used a tissue..... Ute fans
>have no ground to stand
>on with the crying thing
>now.
>
>Andy

Yeah, he looked like he just found out that he lost his horse, truck, and woman!

Just watched that video. That was AWESOME!! I still get goosebumps when Greg Wrubell starts yelling.."Caught for the touchdown, caught for the touchdown." Hands down one of the best rivalry games in a long long time.....

GOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOUGARS!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom