the kevlar coyote

longshooter338

Went out yesterday afternoon to try out some 22-250 loads on dogs, they are 55 gr berger match varmint flat base ,called in a big ol male, stopped him with a bark, and touched the trigger on the 700 ,He went down like lightning now here is where it gets interesting i kiyied and got right back on the call called for another 20 minutes and he never moved a muscle then whistled to my partner, He comes walking over and says where is he and i point to him and we head out to get him, and up he goes ,mclain pulls up his ar and puts him down again 2 shots at 110 yds we walk out to where he was originally shot and there is a 12 inch circle of blood from the exit side, and the death shitt and i start scratching my head see i normally shoot a 220 swift and i only shoot 50 gr softpoints and that same shot verry seldom leaves the off side leg intact. so my question is was it the light jacketed berger they seem super explosive on squirel and rabbits and may be light duty for coyote imo.

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

I dont like the bergers. The hornady V-max 50 grain is just what the doctor ordered for yotes IMO. I havent had one get back up and they go down hard! Never had an exit so the pelts look great.

After finding this combo I wont shoot anything else out of my 22-250 for yotes, out to 500 yds.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Ive had zero problem with the Berger 35 grain out of the .204 small entry and have yet to see one exit. Ive killed out to 300 yards with it. Might just be a tough old yote. Sounds like one any way. Gotta say I like the V-max as well though.

It's not a kevlar coyote, it's the marshmallow bullets. What bullets was Mclaine using? It's hard to really say on just one example if it's the bullets too blame or not. Keep using them and see if it happens again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom