The land pendulum swings

hossblur

Long Time Member
We got a sell it all Pendley. Now a tree spiking Earth First.

Imagine if WE quit arguing over BHA, Yvon, or whoever, and ALL outdoors folks just SAID NO.

We are the largest special interest group, yet we argue over the land we all love, because a "team" says so.

Everybody should listen to the Randy Newberg podcast with Hal Herring about the fallacy of having to choose between pro-public land and pro-2A candidates.

Imagine if WE quit arguing over BHA, Yvon, or whoever, and ALL outdoors folks just SAID NO.

We are the largest special interest group, yet we argue over the land we all love, because a "team" says so.
Everybody should listen to the Randy Newberg podcast with Hal Herring about the fallacy of having to choose between pro-public land and pro-2A candidates.
Just so we can show are support for Newberg .
I supposed we should vote for the lady that has taken her yellow couch on the campaign tour.

As the NRA is breathlessly screaming about saving the 2a, and gun supporters watch Joe Manchin hoping he saves us.

Does anyone ever think, "what if the NRA didn't go scorched earth"? There are D that own guns, if they had been encouraged, or even supported, we might have friends on the left side. Instead, they got burned, and replaced by leftists. Leaving Joe Manchin, as your last hope. Sure would be nice if there were a handful of even C gun rated senators amongst the Dems now

Same SHOULD be true of public land. Instead, we will burn moderates, and support Pendley. And with no moderates on the other side, we get eco terrorists.

Be nice if we learned something someday, mainly that the team sports we support in DC, cares only about themselves and their survival. When do WE start caring about OURSELVES more than the red or blue team jersey?

Last edited:
Going along with your team analogy.
If the offensive line had Misty Snow (transgender that ran against Senator Lee) at the left tackle position instead of Mike Lee, the US gun owners would have been better protected.
Is that what you're team analogy is pointing out.
I don't think Tom Brady would like that decision for left tackle.

Grizz: there is only Manchin on the left that would and will protect the Second Amendment as it stands. Manchin is the only one on the Democratic side of Congress that is willing to stand up for the way the Consitutional Powers that was designed to not allow one body US government to be more powerful than the other two bodies of the government. The Democrats want to pack the Supreme Court and take away the power of the filibuster and only Manchin from the Democratic party has said he will not allow that.
Grizz: do you think us gun owners would be better off if we would have gave in and allowed stricter back ground checks, limited AR platform guns or limited magazine capacities.

Hoss: tell us who should we have backed that would have improved the protection of public property rights. So far I have seen no more lost of public property than School State Trust land infact which party got the Great Amercan Outdoors Act done.
Yes there is diffintly Democrats out there that would protect public property more than majority of Republicans but they would also make the land impossible to use for anything including hunting. Look at California.
No thanks I don't need them kind of protectors.

Hoss & Grizz: give tell us about some of these tremendous candidates that would protect public property, hunting and fishing rights and allow good multi public property users to use the public property. You two are really good at attacking Senator Lee and Congressman Stewart but really what has been are choices, Misty Snow or how about Becky Edward's and her traveling yellow couch. I am not making that up she really is traveling around with her yellow couch and campaigning.

Last edited:
What would misti snow do that hasn't been done?

You love to throw out that name, but I notice as of today, abortion is legal, guns are under assault. So, where is Mike lees "Utah values bill"?

He's great at sitting back,then when his vote doesn't swing, voting. But WHERE ARE HIS BILLS?

Same place Romney's "wild horse" bill is. Nowhere

Manchin only supports the 2nd. amendment due to knowing that his voters back home are gun owners that would vote him out if he did not protect their gun rights. They will keep voting him in as long as he protects their gun rights.
If there was less gun owners in WV, I wonder if Manchin would swing with his party and sell us down the river. Have you ever noticed how the Democrat moderates go along with the party platform because they know if they do not, their party will throw them to the wolves at election time. They did that with that female Congress woman from Miss. that went against Obama on the oil pipeline because she wanted those thousands of new jobs for her people that the pipeline would furnish when it terminates in her state. The DNC saw that she did not get any funds to support her re-election campaign and she lost. Maybe the GOP should do that with Mitt and several others and get rid of those turncoats.
RELH

Going along with your team analogy.
If the offensive line had Misty Snow (transgender that ran against Senator Lee) at the left tackle position instead of Mike Lee, the US gun owners would have been better protected.
Is that what you're team analogy is pointing out.
I don't think Tom Brady would like that decision for left tackle.

Grizz: there is only Manchin on the left that would and will protect the Second Amendment as it stands. Manchin is the only one on the Democratic side of Congress that is willing to stand up for the way the Consitutional Powers that was designed to not allow one body US government to be more powerful than the other two bodies of the government. The Democrats want to pack the Supreme Court and take away the power of the filibuster and only Manchin from the Democratic party has said he will not allow that.
Grizz: do you think us gun owners would be better off if we would have gave in and allowed stricter back ground checks, limited AR platform guns or limited magazine capacities.

Hoss: tell us who should we have backed that would have improved the protection of public property rights. So far I have seen no more lost of public property than School State Trust land infact which party got the Great Amercan Outdoors Act done.
Yes there is diffintly Democrats out there that would protect public property more than majority of Republicans but they would also make the land impossible to use for anything including hunting. Look at California.
No thanks I don't need them kind of protectors.

Hoss & Grizz: give tell us about some of these tremendous candidates that would protect public property, hunting and fishing rights and allow good multi public property users to use the public property. You two are really good at attacking Senator Lee and Congressman Stewart but really what has been are choices, Misty Snow or how about Becky Edward's and her traveling yellow couch. I am not making that up she really is traveling around with her yellow couch and campaigning.

Bet you didn't know Stewart is starting a GOP Climate change group.

You REALLY think a guy who grew up in Washington DC, like Mike Lee, who was neighbors with Harry Reid, represents YOUR values? Think hes ever been on a MTN? Think he's ever been muddy? Think he owns a gun? Think he's ever fished? He is part of "the swamp" the right rails against(rightly).

Same questions with Romney.

Those are Utah's Senators.

So was Misti Snows lifestyle representative of yours? No. But you think Lee and Romney's are?

But further it. Lee TALKS about selling off public. WHERE IS HIS BILL? HE TALKS ABOUT SPENDING, WHERE IS THE BALANCED BUDGET ACT BILL? Where is any gun rights bill? Anti abortion bill? Where is anything other than safe votes and talk?

AND, because you forgot, apparently. Lee voted against LWCF funding, and GAOA. So I'm not sure of the "we" you talk about.

Ya, I was the OP. That was my point. A tree spiking eco terrorist, and a sell it all, sagebrush rebellion lawyer, give YOU the exact same outcome

If it's sold, or locked up, you don't have it. So is it better if you lose access because team R sold it? Or team D, locked you out?

Imagine if the hunters/fisherman/climbers/bikers/ backpackers agreed to make public land untouchable by both parties. Like the seniors have done with social security.

BTW, my grandpa was the Sanpete county clerk for most of his life, elected, AS A DEMOCRAT. He forgot more about the outdoors in an hour, than the R that "represent" us ever knew.

I missed when he nominated a BLM director, so I guess we never got the chance to see.

As a side note. You sure spend a lot of time on BHA website, seems odd

Comes across my feed, provides me entertainment. Dumbasses always make me laugh! Half the reason I'm here.

And you give me hell about Yvon? TFF <see, told ya!

I give u hell about Yvon because somehow, despite non stop evidence proving otherwise, hunters as a group are not powerful enough either financially or politically to try and exist on land/land usage battles on their own.

Or did you miss the hunters in your state being anti wolf, AND LOSING.

Yvon has a pile of money, if he wants to burn it fighting for common causes, only an idiot or and idealogue would oppose that.

It's the blind spot you have had with BHA the while time.

And now here we sit with the house plant in chief in the oval. BHA has "friends" on that side, because they've tried to get them. Might be useful for us. Too bad other groups(NRA) are to stupid and rigid to figure that out.

Mike Lee is a phony. Still waiting for the Lee bill on ANY of his "beliefs".

I give u hell about Yvon because somehow, despite non stop evidence proving otherwise, hunters as a group are not powerful enough either financially or politically to try and exist on land/land usage battles on their own.

Yvon has a pile of money, if he wants to burn it fighting for common causes, only an idiot or and idealogue would oppose that.

It's the blind spot you have had with BHA the while time.

And now here we sit with the house plant in chief in the oval. BHA has "friends" on that side, because they've tried to get them. Might be useful for us. Too bad other groups(NRA) are to stupid and rigid to figure that out.

Mike Lee is a phony. Still waiting for the Lee bill on ANY of his "beliefs".

LMAO! They have friends on "that" side because that IS their side! At some point ya gotta see it hoss?

Imagine if BHA changed leadership, cut the hippies loose, and grabbed the farmers, ranchers, loggers and extractors? What a powerful force that would be! Money would be no object and we would be the greatest protector of multiple use public lands in history!

Last edited:

How much did Yvon and BHA spend fighting the Colorado wolf bill? We both know the answer to that hoss! All Yvons money did zero good because he loves apex predators, and thinks they shouldn't be hunted. Do I need to post the video again? The BHA leader is in the lefts pocket, no doubt the orders he got from our Governor was to stand down, and like a good comrade, he did!

Last edited:
Imagine if BHA changed leadership, cut the hippies loose, and grabbed the farmers, ranchers, loggers and extractors? What a powerful force that would be! Money would be no object and we would be the greatest protector of multiple use public lands in history!

Makes me laugh that YOU as a hunter think extractors are on "your side"

Ask the Oregon boys about the loggers, and having their seasons determined by logging companies.

It's funny to read "your side". Is that Mike Lee? Think he's ever hunted? Romney? Ted Cruz?

I'm starting to think I give you too much credit.

BHA, Rinella, Newberg, Callahan, vs Lee, Cruz, Romney.

Get real.

Makes me laugh that YOU as a hunter think extractors are on "your side"

Ask the Oregon boys about the loggers, and having their seasons determined by logging companies.

It's funny to read "your side". Is that Mike Lee? Think he's ever hunted? Romney? Ted Cruz?

I'm starting to think I give you too much credit.

BHA, Rinella, Newberg, Callahan, vs Lee, Cruz, Romney.

Get real.

Have you read my mission statement yet? Don't be so quick to judge! Treaties will need to be signed.

Without multiple use, our public lands will disappear, it's really that simple. We need those groups, more than we need the hippies.

Gods dodge.

TRI would be proud

Lol! That's BHA's fallback! And you paid them for that bullshit, for an extended period of time, with guys like me telling you it was bullshit, cause you swallowed it past your gills!

Without multiple use, our public lands will disappear, it's really that simple. We need those groups, more than we need the hippies.

Look around. You live on Colorado, more hippies or hunters?

Enjoy the wolf's. Looks like the hippies kicked your azz. But I'm sure you'll get em next time

Lol! That's BHA's fallback! And you paid them for that bullshit, for an extended period of time, with guys like me telling you it was bullshit, cause you swallowed it past your gills!

Yup. I'm not dumb enough to think a DC raised senator, who was born into the swamp(Lee), is one of us".

Always wondered which dudes were fooled by the DC crowd that puts on a "work shirt" and mom jeans when speaking to the common folk.

I guess I know one

Look around. You live on Colorado, more hippies or hunters?

Enjoy the wolf's. Looks like the hippies kicked your azz. But I'm sure you'll get em next time

Because no one has coalesced the correct groups. BHA grabbed a group that aligns with them, the f'n hippies, we hate everything about multiple use hippies. And you and grizz paid them for that! Mcfly, anybody home?

Yup. I'm not dumb enough to think a DC raised senator, who was born into the swamp(Lee), is one of us".

Always wondered which dudes were fooled by the DC crowd that puts on a "work shirt" and mom jeans when speaking to the common folk.

I guess I know one

Leave Lee out of this, he represent you, not me. Elect a dumbocrat and see what happens. Look east for your answers. Seems funny to me you think I wave Lee's flag, I don't. But we know you and grizz not only waved the BHA flag, but you sent them$$$ for the privilege! Again, why I follow their page, and half the reason I'm here, I find dumbasses entertaining!

Last edited:
Because no one has coalesced the correct groups. BHA grabbed a group that aligns with them, the f'n hippies, we hate everything about multiple use hippies. And you and grizz paid them for that! Mcfly, anybody home?
[/QUO
Leave Lee out of this, he represent you, not me. Elect a dumbocrat and see what happens. Look east for your answers. Seems funny to me you think I wave Lee's flag, I don't. But we know you and grizz not only waved the BHA flag, but you sent them$$$ for the privilege! Again, why I follow their page, and half the reason I'm here, I find dumbasses entertaining!

I'd still be a member if they didn't support DEVELOPMENT.

The reason your "groups" don't coalescence, is because THEY DONT LIKE YOU.

Extractors get paid to extract, not open hunting.

Loggers get paid to log, not worry about access.

Ranchers get paid to add weight. Wildlife competes directly.

Your not stupid. How much land in Colorado that 20yrs ago could be accessible via a door knock, is gone now?

I've hunted a piece of private for 45 yrs. Then grandpa retires, the grandkids locked it up. Seems we aren't on the same side.

Did you learn nothing from Reagan?

A dude who agrees with you 80% of the time, ain't your enemy.

Like it or not, Trump signing GAOA, and expanding into refuges, agreed with BHA. It's almost as if they agreed to do common things.

Let me know when you find the idealogically pure group you talk about. Excuse me if I don't hold my breath

It doesn't matter what you post, those of us with eyes have seen their ass! Ray MF Charles is sayin , "You can't see that Hoss?", from the grave!

It doesn't matter what you post, those of us with eyes have seen their ass! Ray MF Charles is sayin , "You can't see that Hoss?", from the grave!

Funny you chose Ray.

He's dead.

So are hunters if we can't convince some of us to quit looking for fights.

I've hunted on extractor, loggers, and ranch lands........never ever on wild lands conservancy land.....

Funny you chose Ray.

He's dead.

So are hunters if we can't convince some of us to quit looking for fights.

Way to miss the point. I gave you more credit than Grizz? I've missed before- sure I will again. Way to miss the gas, right down mainsrreet!

Feel free to tell me they are all anti hunter?

Who do they back? Let it go amigo, they duped you! We've all been duped before, it's OK. I'm affording you an opportunity to once and for all, say I f'd up. You guys were right, and I missed it... .....it's your move big boy.....and it's ok.....We've all been there. Trust me, it'll be freeing!

I'd gain mountains of respect for you if you'd just admit they duped you? It all sounded perfect until I scratched the surface......or ride that dead horse all the way to the ground. It really doesn't matter to me. Just remember, I find dumbasses entertaining!

Last edited:
Hoss's issue is he wants to ignore the lynch pin of our public lands, multiple use. He thinks a little patchouli oil will make it all better......

Hoss's issue is he wants to ignore the lynch pin of our public lands, multiple use. He thinks a little patchouli oil will make it all better......

No, as usual you missed it again. I DONT pretend that multiple use means only CONSUMPTIVE USE. That's the major difference. I also read a history book, so I know 100% why and how the west is checkerboarded, why the Pacific Northwest belongs to Weyerhauser, and what why land was set aside to begin with.

Somehow guys like you, can watch the Wilks buy up and lock down land. Watch Bill Gates swallow up land. Watch China swallow it up. But you somehow believe that if the Mike Lee folks get control, it won't happen, you'll grab all the prime acreage, probably cheap?

I didn't leave BHA because of "hippies". I left because I don't support windfarms on public ground, they did.

You live in Colorado(how Utah will be in 20yrs). Your "group" continues to shrink, continues to sell off to developers, continues to be reduced in size and power. You should fight with fly fisherman and backpackers. Oil and gas and developers are glad you do.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom