the perfect bullet

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and obviously a little late to the thread. Over the years, I have shot a lot of different bullets to see how they perform on game. In the end of the day, they all have their pros and cons. To find a truly bonded bullet with a good BC so far is pretty much non existent. There are some that are getting closer. Nosler LR accubonds. But they have been difficult for me to tune. Getting them to produce great groups has been difficult. Copper bullets have their own problems. Most don't have a great BC or require a fast twist barrel to get them to stabilize and require higher velocities to assure expansion. Right now, I shoot mainly two types of bullets. Berger and Hammer. I use each for different purposes. I use bergers for areas that I know have the potential for longer shots. They have been very accurate, and every animal has not required a follow up shot if I placed the shot where is should be. I have hit shoulders and had complete pass through. The Hammers I use for areas that I think will produce shots 500 yards or under, which is most areas that I hunt. They have done great so far. I will admit that all of the animals I have shot with them have been deer size game and smaller. Elk may be a different story, but I doubt it. As far as meat loss, the Hammers have worked the best. Bergers tend to cause some damage. This is just my experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom