The road to Valle Vidal (Forest Road 1950)

tega52

Just a heads up to anyone coming to Valle Vidal in the near future. The road is absolutely shameful! If you're planning on dragging a camper or horse trailer up here, GOOD LUCK! In 25 years I've never seen the washboards so bad. There is no plan for getting equipment on it this year either. Oh and forest road 1910 (The Loop Road) is even worse.

Damn that sux! Last time I drug my camper up there, I ended up dropping the damn water tank out the bottom!! With all the an washboard road, the welds holding the straps broke and the tank ended up on the f*n road! Full tank of water too! Adventure for sure.

I was just in there last weekend and didn't really think that much of it- washboards didn't seem particularly crazy. Weather was coming in on Monday when I was headin out, could have deteriorated more. Guess I'm used to some pretty poorly maintained roads down in the Gila. Admittedly I wasn't towing and I didn't drive the loop. But from what I saw on 1950 it didn't seem that bad to me.

Side bar- and more importantly- bulls were bugling in the evening and morning (until about 9/10am) in the lower country. Should be a great hunt for ML. Good luck to you all!

I can vouch for the loop road being in rough shape! Helped another hunter get unstuck there just past the Betty Lake gate during a downpour after sliding into a rut during archery season! Got some good karma out of it atleast though with a great bull the following morning :ROFLMAO:

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom