The "Sacred" area

I

Idahogrinder

I just was wanting to ask you guys that have hunted the area under hot discussion(45&52) what your expectations of a good bull are in that zone. My wife and I have never gotten a elk so is wanting a 330 class way to unreal? I have plenty of leave so I'll be off for the entire hunt... Any input creative or not would be appreciated... Thanks guys. I have been looking at topos from here in Mississippi and have found a few places I'd like to key in on. I'm trying to do as much research from advise on here as possible. My wife bought the maps and got some more places marked out by some landowners/ranchers so were on the right track!!

I would say a good bull 330+ is a pretty good goal. Especially since they have better food source and not burning up alot of energy climbing huge hills all the time. Depends I guess where you are looking for them at.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08 AT 10:09?AM (MST)

D13, I'm from Idaho, but have a 7.5 month tech school at Keesler AFB here in Biloxi, All part of being in the Idaho ANG, Were you butt hurt that maybe a non resi got a tag for 45...LMAO
But thats a great attitude, you should maybe try to get to know a person before you run your mouth...Thanks Alot, just trying to do the best I can with what I got at this point, my wife averages 55-60 hrs a week on top of taking my 3 yr old son to his swimming and horseback riding lessons, so I cant have her up in the hills...

Idahogrinder,

If you hunt 52, you will want to hunt close to the private ground. The feed and cover is there.

If you hunt 45, ( It's much better). Secure some landowner property. It is usually the better hunting. Later in the season the elk will spread out a little. Try to hunt as close to the trees as possible, That would be Bennett itself! THere will be elk in the alfalfa in the mornings. Pattern them when they head to bed and you may get a bull. A 330 would be a big bull for that area. Not impossible!

Good luck

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08
>AT 02:00?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08
>AT 10:09?AM (MST)

>
>D13, I'm from Idaho, but have
>a 7.5 month tech school
>at Keesler AFB here in
>Biloxi, All part of being
>in the Idaho ANG, Were
>you butt hurt that maybe
>a non resi got a
>tag for 45...LMAO
>But thats a great attitude, you
>should maybe try to get
>to know a person before
>you run your mouth...Thanks Alot,
>just trying to do the
>best I can with what
>I got at this point,
>my wife averages 55-60 hrs
>a week on top of
>taking my 3 yr old
>son to his swimming and
>horseback riding lessons, so I
>cant have her up in
>the hills...

Lighten up Francis....I could care less where you are from and what tag you drew....I just thought it was funny for a guy with the name "idahogrinder" to be from mississippi.....I knew where you were from and that you work close to grasmere......IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!jeez...

JB

Sorry man, I was in a really crappy mood at lunch and I apologize, after this long in the south I'm fed up with the people and humidity,and being away from my family! Sorry I jumped the gun!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom