The truth about un employment

It has come to the point that you can not believe anything that Obama reports as being good for the public. Lies after lies and more lies to get the un-informed to believe his bull crap, and the fools believe it.

RELH

Did you miss the word at the top? OPINION, Why does the author of this opinion piece matter more than the number of opinion pieces that will explain we're at or near full employment.

What I know is that anyone I know that wants a job has one. I also have experienced that anyone that completes the school to work program in the last few years gets a job if they want one. I also continually watch people including my own kids continually trade up for better jobs with more money. I realize it's hard to admit that times are good. I'll make it easier for you to accept, it may have nothing to do with the black, Muslim, Indonesian president.

Dang, learn something new everyday. I thought OBSMA was born in KENYA not Indonesia

Cornhusker, it's nice to hear about your positive personal experiences when it comes to employment but that hardly converts over to what is happening nation wide.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I assume you do realize that The Blaze article is from January 2014 over a year old. Also it was written by a crackpot or crack smoker claiming that it was 37.2% which is higher than it was during the Great Depression. The 2nd link on how unemployment is figured I believe the U.S. Labor Department has figured it that way for at least 40 years I could be incorrect on that. A foot of snow last night has me snowed in.

Hey you guys go easy on Corn. This is all common knowledge to us, but he's not used to the truth. Give him some time.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-15 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-15 AT 12:46?PM (MST)

It takes 150,000 jobs/month just to keep up with population growth. How does the unemployment # go down every month when we've rarely hit 150k in the last 7yrs?

Corny- the fed decided to use the U3 rate instead of the U6 rate years ago but not decades ago. From a CNBC article explaining the difference the U6 takes into account underemployed, unemployed and people who are unemployed but given up looking for a job. They mentioned college graduates who give up and live with parents as an example. In the old days the fed reported the U6. The U6 rate for 2004 was 9.4%, for 2009 it was 16.7% and for 2014 it was 12.0%. That is close to double the UE rate reported to the media. 12% is still a huge number of people who are not getting the government goodhands feeling. It is definitely getting better but if we hit 4% UE then we will be close to the good old days.

Thanks Glenn definitely something to think about. I did some research on the differences and you have a good point about the government cooking the books for awhile. Just a little I found while looking it over on the different unemployment levels. I don't know if I ever see anything but the U6 reported by the press.

BLS, U1-U6

U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent of the civilian labor force

U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force

U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)

U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus discouraged workers

U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus all other persons marginally attached to the labor force, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

If you'd like to see how many outlets report on it, Google "actual unemployment".

It doesn't matter that's what Hillary says. They all push those numbers except in Obama case he pushes more.....

Jobs created by the private sector shouldn't count in the first place. Government is the one that creates jobs. Just ask Hillary.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom