THE WIFE WANTS TO ARCHERY HUNT!

finnman

MY wife has been rifle hunting deer with me for going on 13 years(she has killed 11 deer) just the other day out of the blue she informs me that she wants to archery elk hunt with me and my buddys. Does any one have any suggestions on good middle of the line bows for women. I think her draw will be about 26-27 and she is pretty strong, pobably draw weight of 50lbs. Any info will be appreciated! Jason in Washington state.

The Mathews Mustang is a top of the line youth/womens bow. My wife currently has a PSE Beast that she wants to upgrade and that is what she has decided she wants.

My wife shoot a Parker Challenger. She loves her bow. We went and looked at a new bow for her this weekend and she decided she would stick with the bow she knows. Her draw is 26 inches. I shoot with my wife regularly and I can't say enough good things about her bow. Hope this helps.

Jesse

I appreciate the input guys, thanks. We looked at a Matthews Intrusion today, a real lightweight bow, 50lbs. draw weight and a 26in. length, a nice short axle length as well, with a whisker bisquit rest, 5 pin true glo sites, and a quiver for $479. It looks like a setup she can shoot for a while and get the job done, then comes the fun part, watching her fall apart when a bull comes storming in! Can't wait!

I'll second the Parker Challenger. My son shoots one and he loves it. It's pretty darn fast for what it is and it's very light. Look on archerytalk . com for a used one. You should get one loaded for about $250. Good luck!

My wife has a Diamond Rapture Lite that she loves, the package price was around $379 for 25" draw 50 lb bow with rest, sight, and quiver. They have come out with a newer Diamond bow that is cheaper for small draw shooters as well. I have heard great things about Hoyt Selena also. I had my wife try out a few bows and pick the one she liked, she passed on more expensive bows so I lucked out. This is her second bow and she will be hunting mulies with me this fall in wyoming ( hopefully)!

Another vote for the parker challenger. My wife likes hers. I offered to get her a new one for elk this fall, and she said no!!

I agree with the above. I'd take a careful look at Parker. Their bows are excellent quality, affordable, and their customer service is superb. I'd also take a look at Mission bows, which are made by Mathews. Mission has three models, the X3, X4 and X5, all of which go down to 40 lbs. draw and 25 inches in draw length. I've only seen one, but it was a very nice bow at about half the cost of a Mathews.

Venado muy grande!

I have shot both the mathews feather light, the legency, and then the Hoyt Cybertech, I am going back to the mathews this year, I draw 58 # and have a 26" draw. I really like the mathews don't think you would go wrong on any of their bows. smoth, light weight, and a great hand grip for smaller hands.The switch back I heard is a GREAT bow very forgiven and fast!!
Good luck I love hunting elk with my husband, the best minutes, hours, days, weeks of my life are outdoors with him.
Welcome to another archery gal!!

I just bought my cousin a 2007 Bowtech Vital Impact and what
a sweet little bow that is.
Fast,quiet and affordable.
She's already getting good groups after one afternoon of shooting.First time shooting a bow.
The bow is set at 50lbs and goes to 60lbs so she has room to grow.
Can't wait to call her in an elk this fall.

the bow i want to buy my wife is the bowtech equalizer, my shop here set up a 50# 25 1/2 incher with a 400 gr arrow at 220fps, they shot a 280gr arrow at 280 and its a nice bow...cbryant

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom