The Wolf Poltics Continue

CREASY, are you listening??? It's only 2 States! It's only 2 States! It's only 2 States! Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota,etc have wolves. What the hell are you thinking? There isn't any Kool Aid you bumbling loon. This Idaho Montana legislation doesn't even fix 2 States why the hell would we support it? I am done with people who's only focus is to attack SFW and Don Peay. Jealousy is clearly your motive. Good luck with whatever you are working on in life it must be valuable.

Hey feduptwo - I think I can help you with this comment:

"I wish Robert Fanning and some of the guys fighting this battle for years would weigh in on the Tester Bill."

Are you not on Robert's email list? I thought everyone was on that list.

Here is the one from last month that got all the rumors started about SFW/BGF working behind the scenes to kill the Simpson bill. Thought I would provide it to you, in case you missed it.

Everyone knows what opinion Ryan Benson has on the Simpson language. He is pretty outspoken on such in the email Robert forwarded to everyone. Robert agrees with him and is helping carry the water on it, as this email shows.

Not that everyone on the email list agrees with him, or with Ryan, but we are all entitled to our opinions. And, what they have provided, like what the rest of us have provded, are just that - OPINIONS.

The question that started all of this was whether or not SFW/ BGF was working behind the scenes to lay the pipe to MT and ID hunters. Wanted to sort that out as fact or rumor.

Not that we needed this email to verify it, as we pretty much knew that after the press release on Friday and the Hageman email that same day, along with the releases from BGF yesterday. Nice when the evidence is provided to clarify the answer to the original question.

My question all along was not which bill is better or worse, but who is coming clean on what they were doing behind the scenes. Now that we all know what SFW/BGF is doing, no need to drag this on much further.

No sense trying to convince each other of which bill is better or worse. I think they are all a good start on this long process. The SFW/BGF crowd feels otherwise. Fine, a difference of opinion.

I like S.249 in addition to the Simpson language, but being more pragmatic, I am not hanging my hat on S.249. Odds of it passing are just way too slim, in fact, close to ZERO.

And, having no economic stake in seeing wolf poker continue, the risks of S.249 and its very unlikely odds of passing are all downsides for us MT guys. I understand why some from UT and other states are willing to take that risk, when they and are not the ones fronting the bet.

And if these gamblers lose the bet, they get to keep fighting and raising money. Understandable why they take the approach they do and want to kill everything else. Business is business, and make no mistake, for some in this wolf issue, the wolf fight is a business.

You guys let me know what more I can do to help with S.249. I support that one too. I have already informed my Congressional delegation that I support S.249.

In the mean time, I will continue emailing my Congressional delegation and tell them that the Simpson langauge is a good start on a really messed up issue.

The same as I have emailed them to tell them that the settlement offer from the wolf lovers is a "No Go." If they drop legislative efforts in exchange for a settlement from the wolf lovers, things will get real ugly, real quick. I don't expect that to happen. But if it does, I will focus my energy on getting those folks "unelected."

Thanks for the good debate and for bringing forth information that confirms the suspicions some had.

Here is Robert's email address. I am sure if you send one to him, you will get put on his list. He is weighing in on lots of things.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:53 AM
To: SCOTT ROCKHOLM; Barry Coe; JoelBoniek Rep.; Christian LeFer; danvermillion; Doctor Mealer; Magnus Hagelstam; Kaarlo Nygr?n; Bill Hoppe; [email protected]; [email protected]; Jack Atcheson, Jr.; Suzy Noecker; R. W. Udell; Kevin Kimp; [email protected]; Charles Pummill; Ed and Lin Lindahl; Gary Marbut; [email protected]; Judy Boyle; Kelton Larsen; Laura; 'R Walters'; Steve Alder IFW; Jim Hagedorn; Jim Slinsky; John L Runft; Mike Dubrasich; Will Graves; Steve Alder; Patt Watkins; [email protected]; Tom Remington; ryanhatch; Robert Taylor; [email protected]; [email protected]; lmstuter; 'Renate Geist'; John; Jim Beers; James Slinsky; John Runft; Jack Jones; [email protected]; Harriet Hageman; JAMES HAGENBARTH; Sharon Beck; George Dovel; Allen/Dixie Schallenberger; Wildergarten Press; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Bob Zybach; Bob Zybach; Bud Sonnentag; ALSTON CHASE; Admin wolf crossing; [email protected]; Randy Simmons; Charles Kay; MARION; Dr.EdwinBerry; Ryder Bergerud; [email protected]; 'RMEF - David Allen'; ryan laubach; Mark Boyce; Jack Reneau; [email protected]; Joe Balyeat; [email protected]
Cc: 'Toby Bridges'; 'Ryan Benson'; 'David Allen'; 'Don Peay'; 'Miles Moretti'; '[email protected]'; 'ID SFW Roger Blackner'; 'Bob Wharff'; 'Jim Magagana'; 'Suzanne Gilstrap'; MT SFW - Bill Merrill; 'Eric Bierwagen'; 'Congressman Denny Rehberg'; 'Senator Max Baucus'; 'Senator Jon Tester'; 'Governor Brian Schweitzer'; 'MT Sen Bruce Tutvedt'; 'MT Sen Debby Barrett'; 'MT Sen Greg Hinkle'; 'MT Sen Joe Balyeat'; 'Gary Marbut-MSSA'; [email protected]; 'Toby Bridges'; 'Rob Arnaud'; 'Barry Cole'; 'Cat Lazaroff - Defenders of Wildlife'; 'SCI - Nelson Freeman'; 'MT Sen Carol Juneau'; 'MT Sen Carol Williams'; 'MT Sen Carolyn Squires'; 'MT Sen Christine Kaufmann'; 'MT Sen Cliff Larsen'; 'MT Sen Dave Lewis'; 'MT Sen David Wanzenried'; 'MT Sen Donald Steinbeisser'; 'MT Sen Gary Branae'; 'MT Sen Gary Perry'; 'MT Sen Gregory Barkus'; 'MT Sen Jeff Essman'; 'MT Sen Jerry Black'; 'MT Sen Jesse Laslovich'; 'MT Sen Jim Peterson'; 'MT Sen Joe Tropila'; 'MT Sen John Brueggeman'; 'MT Sen Jonathan Windy Boy'; 'MT Sen Keith Bales'; 'MT Sen Kelly Gebhardt'; 'MT Sen Ken Hansen'; 'MT Sen Kim Gillan'; 'MT Sen Larry Jent'; 'MT Sen Lynda Moss'; 'MT Sen Mike Cooney'; 'MT Sen Mitch Tropila'; 'MT Sen Ron Erickson'; 'MT Sen Roy Brown'; 'MT Sen Sharon Stewart-Peregoy'; 'MT Sen Steve Gallus'; 'MT Sen Taylor Brown'; 'MT Sen Terry Murphy'; 'MT Sen Trudi Schmidt'; 'MT Sen Verdell Jackson'; 'WY State Shooting Assoc.'; 'WY St. Shooting Assoc.'; 'WY Sportsmen For F&W'; 'Whitetails Unlimited'; 'Ron Andriolo'; 'Robert T Fanning , Jr.'; 'RMEF - Steve Decker'; 'RMEF - Rodney Triepke'; 'Paul Hansen - IWLA'; 'Nate Helm'; 'MT Sportsmen United- Chuck Kleffner'; 'MT SFW - Aaron Daniel'; 'MT Rifle & Pistol Assoc.'; 'MT - Missoula - Rob Chaney'; 'MSGA - Tom Hougen'; 'MSGA - Jay Bodner'; 'Mr C'; 'Mike Stickney'; 'Mark Holyoak - KPAX'; 'Kevin Kimp'; 'Keith Anderson'; 'John Zent - NRA'; 'Jeff Sayre'; 'ID Trappers Assoc.'; 'ID Conservation League'; 'FNAWS - Gray Thornton'; 'Ed Franceschina'; 'Doug Phair'; 'Glenn Sapir'; 'HSSHF'; 'Byron Bateman'; 'Ryan Foutz'; 'Darren LaSorte - NRA-ILA'; 'Walter "Budd" Pidgeon'; 'Rick Story'; 'Steve Pennaz'; 'Dave Maas'; 'MT SFW - Casey Richardson'; 'WY SFW - Joe Tilden'; 'ID For Wildlife - Jim Hagedorn'; 'MUCC - Dave Nyberg'; 'MUCC - Dr. Greg Peter'; 'MUCC - Erin McDonough'; 'MN Conservation Federation'; 'Mark Johnson MN Deer Hunters Assoc.'; 'WI Wildlife Federation'; 'Western MT Fish & Game Assoc.'; 'Big Game Forever - Fallon Gilson'; 'SE ID Mule Deer Foundation'; 'MT Outfitters & Guides Assoc.'; 'WY Outfitters & Guides Assoc.'; 'ID Guide & Outfitter Assoc.'; 'Old Deer Hunters Assoc.'; 'Rob Nelson'; 'MT Trappers Assoc. - Tom Barnes'; 'WY Wolf Coalition - Harriet Hageman'; 'Larry Teague'; 'Boone and Crockett'; 'B&C - Jack Reneau'; 'Will Graves'; 'MT FWP Commission'; 'MT FWP Director - Joe Maurier'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Gary Bertellotti'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Gerry Hammond'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Jim Satterfield'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Mack Long'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Pat Flowers'; 'MT FWP Regional Supervisor Pat Gunderson'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. Graham Taylor'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. Jim Williams'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. John Ensign'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. Kurt Alt'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. Mike Thompson'; 'MT FWP Wildlife Mgr. Ray Mule'; 'Carolyn A. Sime'; 'Zach Muse'; 'MT Sen Bradley Hamlett'; 'MT Representative Chas Vincent'; 'Rachel Sparhawk'; 'Jaala Wickman'; 'John Rice'; 'Sean Andres'; 'MT Sen Jim Shockley'; 'PAUL ROSSIGNOL'; 'Scott Rockholm'; 'Jim Beers'; 'Steve Alder'; 'Lynn Stuter'; 'Director Cal Groen'; 'Director WY Game & Fish'; 'Bullseye Outfitting - Jeff Smith'; 'Redbone Outfitters - Bud Martin'; 'Upper Canyon Outfitters - Donna/Jake McDonald'; 'WY - Swift Creek Outfitters - BJ Hill'; 'WY - Paint Rock Elk Camp - Todd Jones'; 'Brian Taylor'; 'Ed Beattie'; 'Keith Warren'; 'Bonnie'; [email protected]; 'American Cowboy Magazine'; 'American Outdoors TV'; 'Amy Evans'; 'Andrew Oram'; 'Ann Rutter'; 'Anthony'; 'Backland Outdoors'; 'Bart Saunders'; 'Brad Compton'; 'BEEF Magazine'; [email protected]; 'Big Game Hunt'; Frank Davis; 'Bill Vaznis'; 'billijo Davis'; 'Bob Fanning'; 'Bonnie Butler'; 'Brian Lovett'; 'Brad Harris'; 'Brian Mitchell'; 'Brian Wood'; 'Bruce Hemming'; 'Cal Groen'; Carolyn Paseneaux; 'Casey Hock'; 'Chandie'; 'Chris Rockholm'; 'Chris Satterfield'; 'Chub Eastman'; 'Chuck Weschler'; 'Chuck Hawks'; WA F&W Commission; 'Cornel Rasor'; WA - Dale Denny, Bearpaw Outfitters; 'Dale Potter'; 'Dave Henderson'; 'Dave Melton Bighorn Outfitters'; 'Dave Scovill'; 'Dave Richey'; 'Denise Youngman'; '##### Scorzafava'; 'dineen Mavourneen Australia TV'; 'Don Durham, Du-Mor Fire Systems, Inc.'; 'Don Reilly'; 'Drury Outdoors - Matt Drury'; 'Duncan Dobie'; 'Ed Godfrey'; 'Ed Doll'; 'Eric'; 'Eric Rouse'; 'Faith'; 'Fred' 'Trevey'; 'Gary Lewis'; 'Gary Howey'; 'George Dovel'; 'Glen Beck'; 'Gresham Bouma'; 'Gun News Daily'; 'GUNS Magazine'; 'Guy Patchen'; 'Heath Guthrie'
Subject: BETRAYAL !!! Yesterday's development in wolf delisting Wolf language in CR is wrong approach

Yesterday?s development in wolf delisting:

Some of you may of heard that wolf delisting language was included in the House C.R. to keep the government funded. Unfortunately, the language in the C.R. is not the good development it appears to be. See Rehberg press release below.

Unfortunately the language that is included is the administration?s language that is being pushed by Tester and Baucus. The language leaves most of the country squarely in the cross hairs of unmanaged wolves?. It leaves the door open to relisting in Idaho and Montana. Does nothing to stop the wave of spreading destruction anywhere else. Doesn?t delist most wolf states. Does nothing to restore state management. Doesn?t end the endless cycle of wasteful litigation. Keeps the spigot of EAJA funding for enviro litigants alive diverting millions of dollars from our children?s and grandchildren?s future into lawyers and environmental endowment funds. For all these reasons, the C.R. Approach could never be ?The American Big Game and Livestock Protection Act? as H.R. 509 and S. 249 are so appropriately named.

Dan Ashe convinced Simpson from Idaho to break ranks with the 48 Senators and Congressmen that are working on the right solution. 2 Senators recognize the need for a fix, but are pushing a watered down non-solution that has no support. Why are we such a nation of ambulance chasers sometimes? Why are some officials afraid of obvious solutions to stop the hemorrhaging once and for all? This is a $100 Million a year problem that is only getting worse, bigger, deeper and more widespread.

Last year a very similar approach was used by the anti-wolf management folks. They make it appear to be a compromise, but ultimately they divide the ranks and then kill the watered down solution as well. The folks who are pushing this want no wolf management, not even under the watered down scenario.

We all need to call Simpson today and tell him he is falling for politics of divide and conquer. Tell him you do not support the CR that the ONLY solution is H.R. 509.

DC office 202-225-5531
Boise office 208-334-1953
Email: simpson.house.gov

Ryan Benson, {Doctor of Juris Prudence. , Harvard University}

February 14, 2011
Rehberg Statement on Inclusion of Wolf Language in House Continuing Resolution

WASHINGTON, D.C. ? Montana?s Congressman, Denny Rehberg, today released the following statement regarding the inclusion of wolf language in the Continuing Resolution for Fiscal Year 2011. Rehberg has sponsored more comprehensive legislation to fully delist the Gray Wolf from the Endangered Species Act ? an approach that enjoys broad support between parties and across the country.

?The language that was added to the Continuing Resolution may provide a temporary and limited solution for parts of some Western states and Montana, but it does not change the need for a comprehensive, science-based bill to end the misuse of the Endangered Species Act with respect to wolves once and for all. My legislation removes the federal government from the equation entirely and allows management to be conducted by the states, where the stakeholders are. The language in the CR doesn't prevent the Fish and Wildlife Service from relisting wolves in the Northern Rockies at a later date, so there's definitely room for improvement. We?ve been back and forth on this issue too many times to surrender it to unelected bureaucrats and activist judges.?

# # #
----- Original Message -----
To: Robert Fanning
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:01 AM
Subject: Re: "house of wolf cards is imploding quickly"

Bob,
Unfortunately this is Tester and Baucus's language that leaves most of the country squarely in the enviros cross hairs. Salazar convinced Simpson from Idaho to break ranks. Probably leaves the door open to relisting in idaho and montana as well. Why are we such a nation of ambulance chasers sometimes, when our elected officials are afraid of obvious solutions to stop the hemoraging once and for all? We all need to call Simpson today and tell him he is falling for politics of divide and conquer.
Ryan
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 02:05PM (MST)[p]I live in one of the 2 states, works for me. I would like to see Wyoming get de listed also. Am I willing to wait while they keep trying to come up with an accepted plan,,,no.

Resist the Kool aid.

ABE, your trying to fill an inside straight, keep going with that. We're with you in your quest.

Your last post shows me, that your scared we'll get our wolves delisted, and Wyoming will still be sitting at the train station.

You've shown you have no good will for Idaho, nor Montana to start managing our wolves. Shows your jealousy towards us.

I can see why 2 states getting delisted scare you. You've put all your eggs a one basket, and the basket looks to be ready to fall off the ledge.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

For the record I live in Utah, and hunt in Idaho and Montana almost every year. Last year I saw more wolf tracks than I did Elk. Why would I want to bet on an empty pot? We still have Elk, Sheep, Moose, Goats, Deer, and non-resident hunters in Utah but you don't in Idaho or Montana. I have actually heard that your wolves are now becoming some of our non-resident hunters in Utah. We aren't interested in fixing 2 states when we can fix all of them. Why is it so hard for you SCI and NRA loyalists to figure out. I actually liked SCI until I started reading your garbage. Congratulations you are doing a great job recruiting to your cause.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]This is the best thread ever...exposing sfw and bgf.

Too funny.

What I find the most crazy, no matter how much BS is pulled by sfw and bgf, some still continue to swaller the kool-aid. The laundry list of crap those groups have pulled should be enough to make anyone with 2 firing brain cells leave them in the dust.

Yet...a few hangers on still support them.

Truly unbelievable.

I'm pretty sure ol' ABE may in fact be Don Peays new "pen name"...just sayin'.

Abe, what garbage are you referring to? I have yet to read an official response on this forum from SCI or NRA. Why all the negative posting towards these groups?

MT, ID, SCI, NRA, and B&C...they dont need BGF or SFW.

Last I checked, they never asked for any help from SFW or BGF with the wolf issue or anything else.

Funny thing Mr. Hettick, you don't have to ask for help it is free of charge and no need to thank us when we get it done either. Big Game Forever and SFW are willing to ask for SCI, NRA, and B&C because we aren't too proud to join forces and win the real fight. This has turned into a big f'ing turf war over a dwindling resource instead of working together to build the resource back up. Your, "let's fight the new guys" attitude is really unbelievable. I guess you just won't have an open mind and realize that we are in this together and there are more than 2 States and enough room for multiple groups including a few new ones. Maybe your grandkids will have something left afterall but not because of your poor attitude.

I am not Don Peay. My name is Todd. Don is a great man who just like the rest of us isn't perfect but unlike some is willing to work tirelessly for the betterment of many at his own risk.

SFW and BGF sure have a funny way of asking for help and "joining forces" with the NRA, B&C, ID, MT, and SCI.

SFW and BGF have been working to sabotage the efforts of MT and ID, plain and simple. Not sure how that works out to "joining forces" in your mind.

I wouldnt give a bucket of pi$$ for BGF and SFW's future.

Just sayin'...

Buzz Don called out SCI and the NRA and they didn't appreciate it. According to their own press release they support all efforts to delist wolves? I'm confused are you saying they don't?
From 2003-2007 I sat in no fewer than 30 wolf meetings and compromise attempts (where Wyoming compromised on wolf numbers and enlarging the trophy area by triple the orginal acerage) with the Wolf Coalition, state legislators, Ed Bangs, and the USFWS. I never saw hide or hair of SCI, B&C or the NRA. I heard one time that SCI lined up a place to have a meeting when we traveled to D.C. but we never saw any represenatives. There welcome to the fight as we need all the help we can get but if they want to back door some cheesey legislation they should just go back to worrying about how there going to get Polar bears back off the ESA (another perfect example of much needed ESA reform. Funny thing the polar bear mess started with a socially conservative, big govt liberal from Idaho too).
The only groups that consistently attended these meetings were SFW, and WYOGA say what you want but SFW and the friends of elk were the first organized groups in the fight at least out West.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said Tuesday he's optimistic the federal government can come to agreement with the state of Wyoming on how to lift federal protections for wolves in the state - a dispute that has sparked years of bitter litigation.

Speaking at a Cheyenne high school with Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead, Salazar said he planned to continue talks with Mead on how to transfer wolf management responsibility to the state. Many Wyoming ranchers and hunters have said wolves kill too many livestock and game animals.

"I'm hopeful that how we move forward on the wolf issue will help us get beyond the litigation," Salazar said. "I'd rather focus on other issues that are important to conservationists - the creation of jobs through conservation, a whole host of other issues. I don't know if we'll be able to do that. I'm more optimistic today than I've frankly have ever been that we'll be able to find a resolution."

A series of legal challenges from conservation groups has stymied efforts in recent years to end Endangered Species Act protections for the wolf population in Wyoming and neighboring states.

The Obama administration last week announced a legal settlement with environmental groups that could end federal management of wolves in Idaho and Montana. Yet the problem of how to end federal wolf management in Wyoming remains a thorny issue, largely because of the state's wolf management plan.

The Wyoming plan, enshrined in state law, specifies wolves should be managed as trophy game animals in the northwestern corner of the state, generally bordering Yellowstone National Park. The plan calls for classifying them as predators that could be shot on sight everywhere else.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, an agency under Salazar's control, recently announced it wouldn't appeal a ruling by a federal judge in Wyoming who said the federal agency was wrong to reject Wyoming's plan without providing a detailed analysis.

Yet Salazar said Tuesday he couldn't say whether the federal government ultimately could accept any Wyoming plan that continues the "dual-classification" system of ranking wolves both as protected trophy game animals and unprotected predators depending on their location.

"I want the Endangered Species Act to be recognized as having been successful here with respect to the wolf," Salazar said. "The wolf exists today in large part because of the Endangered Species Act was put into place. The wolf is now recovered.

"And so it is our hope that once you have the recovery of the wolf, that it can be returned back to the management of a wildlife species back to the state of Wyoming. That's the program that we're in," Salazar said. "The specifics of how we ultimately get there, that's something that we're still working on in our dialogue."

Since their reintroduction in Yellowstone and other areas in the mid-1990s, the wolf population in the Northern Rockies has rebounded up to more than 1,600 animals, federal officials say.

Mead said the federal government's original plan was to have only 150 wolves in the state while the population in Wyoming now stands at roughly 340.

Mead said he believes it's worth the effort to try to resolve the wolf issue with Salazar. Mead said he hopes Congress ultimately will accept the state's management plan and call for an end to litigation on the issue.

"The number continues to go up every year we don't have some sort of resolution," Mead said of the Wyoming wolf population.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]feduptwo - You stand by this statement?

"The only groups that consistently attended these meetings were SFW, and WYOGA say what you want but SFW and the friends of elk were the first organized groups in the fight at least out West. "

Maybe true in Wyoming, I don't know. Completely false in Montana, and last I checked, MT is part of the "West."

In fact, if you guys didn't get involved until 2003, you were about 8 years too late.

It appears that now your smoke screen is shifting to the NRA and SCI. Bit too late for smoke screens. The important questions have already been answered here.

You gonna answer the question of what the plan is to get S.249 passed?

We no longer need further discussion to whether or not SFW/BGF is laying the pipe to MT and ID hunters. That is very clear.

I am interested in getting some of the details of S.249 eventually passed through Congress. Give us the plan of how it works. You keep saying it will happen if we stick together. Let's see it.

I have asked for such any small amount of detail over in the other BGF thread, but none provided so far. Got any details to share?

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]I'm glad you posted that. You see any true sportsman's group would be for any attempt, that would get management in the hands of those effected states, as soon as possible, and then move on to the next state. SFW/BGF, showed that they wouldn't accept any old plan. Just the big one. The one that had the worst chance at success. The one that you'd possibly throw everything at, and if you lost, would seal the fate for all plans.

So now Idaho's Republican Representative is a liberal. That's too funny too.

just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Yet the problem of how to end federal wolf management in Wyoming remains a thorny issue, largely because of the state's wolf management plan.

The Wyoming plan, enshrined in state law, specifies wolves should be managed as trophy game animals in the northwestern corner of the state, generally bordering Yellowstone National Park. The plan calls for classifying them as predators that could be shot on sight everywhere else.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, an agency under Salazar's control, recently announced it wouldn't appeal a ruling by a federal judge in Wyoming who said the federal agency was wrong to reject Wyoming's plan without providing a detailed analysis."

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 09:45PM (MST)[p]feduptwo,

Better recheck your "facts"...SFW and BGF spoke for SCI, NRA, and CSF when they were told not to.

SFW and BGF are not in favor of the delisting efforts that the NRA, SCI, and CSF are in favor of. Thats the point of this whole thread. Not only that, they're running static on the Simpson legislation and have been working to kill it.

That isnt "joining forces"...any way you slice it.

ABE - I am not a member of SCI, so not sure where you are going with this one. Again, keep at it.

If you hunted Montana last fall, a year when we had the best elk harvest since 1996-97, and you saw more wolf tracks than you did elk, I don't know how to help.

If you couldn't kill an elk in Montana last year, with the great conditions we had, killing every wolf in Montana is not going to improve your odds.

I think Buzz is on to something. Been thinking you are on the SFW/BGF payroll, and you are doing a good job of solidifying the possibility.

I do see you often appear at meetings as representing SFW. And a quick search of the SFW website shows you as affiliated with them, so do we go with the idea that you represent them?

Here is your best quote of the thread. Not that anyone ever doubted this of SFW, but thanks for posting:

"We aren't interested in fixing 2 states when we can fix all of them. Why is it so hard for you SCI and NRA loyalists to figure out."

I am not a loyalist, but I will oblige you an explanation.

You say "We," so am I to assume "We" is you as a representative of SFW/BGF? You are implying that you are speaking for them, whether you do, or not.

Seems SFW has a problem with misrepresentations wherever they show up, so let us know if you as "We" represents SFW/BGF. Not wanting to implicate them if "We" doesn't really represent SFW/BGF, I will just use the term "We" in my explanation.

You want to know Why? Here is Why.

Because the "We" crowd and "We's" buddies, don't have a chance in hell of fixing it in all states. That's Why.

"We" (whoever that is) doesn't have a plan of how to do it. People much more talented than "We," under a much more favorable political climate, tried and got their butts handed to them.

Clear enough?

I have asked on the other BGF thread what the plan is to get S.249 passed. All agree that passing that would be great, but the "We" guys don't have the first clue how "We" are going to get it passed.

So, since the "We" crowd comes across as uninformed and unrealistic as to how the process works, most guys are not trusting "We" to fix anything.

There it is, "We." The answer as to WHY.

Give some plan of how "We" are going to do it, and people might listen. Until then, "We" is wasting our time and energy.

Smart money is figuring out how to get some of the details of S.249 eventually passed, as the Simpson language looks to be landing on our lap real soon.

A possible WY agreement is probably further concern for "We," and could be the cause for another public rant of how people are not following the plan. A plan that doesn't exist. A plan that seems to be nothing but "send WE money."

The "We" money is betting that they can continue to sucker Montana hunters into sending more money to be used to screw them over.

Given "We's" success in doing that so far, I am not betting against "We" in that money-raising effort. The money plan seems to be working well for "We."

Given the lack of an actual plan to fix it in every state, it appears "We" (again, whoever that is) has way better odds of swindling more hunter funds than "We" does in getting a Girl Scout resolution passed through the Cookie Committee.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-11
>AT 07:59?PM (MST)

>
>How anyone ever defended DP and
>SFW is a complete mystery
>to me.
>
>How anyone could continue to defend
>them after this thread is
>absolutely unbelieveable....
>
>What a joke.
>
>I'm anxious to hear from Don
>why he and SFW feel
>the need to trash the
>NRA, SCI, and B&C through
>their attorney???

Buzz you trashed the NRA plenty of times.. "Hippocrit"

Ok I will try one more and final time to explain it to all of you brilliant individuals.

The Tester/Baucus Bill doesn't fix the problem at all. It doesn't fix the problem because wolves don't just live in Idaho and Montana. If this was the United States of Idaho and Montana it migh look like a solution. The problem is clearly the Federal Governments management of wildlife when the United STATES of America has States that can and should be managing the wildlife including ones that are allegedly "endangered" like Polar Bears, Wolves, Sage Grouse, etc.

The legislation currently moving through Congress will pass much easier with the support of SCI, NRA, B&C, RMEF, MDF, SFW, BGF, and each one of us on this "hunting site". If SR 249 doesn't pass you should be looking in the mirror and asking why SCI, NRA, and B&C didn't jump in and help.

We aren't actually worried that it won't pass because "we" have a plan. Feel free to call or email Ryan Benson and I am sure he would love to discuss and outline the plan for you. Everyone keeps asking what Don Peay and SFW are going to say for themselves. Why don't you email or call Don or any SFW Board Member. SFW's website is www.sfwsfh.org. Both Don and Ryan's emails are in the threads above.

I do have one suggestion for eveyone and that is to keep your threats to yourselves because if we all set back and think for a minute we all should be on the same team. We may not agree about tis and tat but every bit of energy we use against one another is for our enemies.

I need to get back to my business for a few days so I apologize if you don't get to hear from me for a while. Take care and God Bless America.

"If you aren't involved you are part of the problem" (Ted Nugent)

ABE and the rest of you SFW/DP Kool-Aid drinkers...keep at it! This is highly entertaining!

Thanks Jason! How are all those strippers and ladies of the night up there in Reno? At least you can chase them if the wolves make it to Nevada.

ABE---You, or "WE" or whatver you are stating you are in your posts wouldn't happen to be the third party that put out the press release the NRA disavowed last week would you!!! Yep, better get back to "your business"!

ABE ? Thanks for such a detailed reply ? NOT.

I am so comforted by that detailed strategy you laid out, that I am almost tempted to throw this golden MT/ID opportunity out the window and follow you and your leaders blinding into the dark of night ? NOT.

You have joined the team that is feeding you bad info. No other way to say it. Your commitment to the team is greater than your ability to look around and make an objective observation. Nothing others can do about that ? it is your decision.

I will take your lack of details and blank explanation as one more sign from your side that no plan exists, short of the money-raising plan, which is working real good.

Like has been said on other threads, just saying so doesn't cut it. Sending people to a link on a website doesn't cut. That is how people get made fools of.

I am sure you are a good guy. You seem committed to conservation. No doubt, you are committed to your team. I wish your team had a plan that would put your energy to good use.

Here is the best modern event analogy I can find as to what blind faith can do to the followers. The SFW wolf plan looks like a "blind faith" strategy to most people outside of Utah, and to many of the people in Utah.

Not sure why I am even going to bother with an analogy that points out the flaws of blind faith, as blind followers usually won't listen to outsiders. But, here goes.

Tonight, go home and turn on Fox News. We have another conflict starting in the Mid-East, similar to others we hae seen.

When the Libyan leader gets on the news and says he is going to whip the coalition of US/Brit/French forces, and then rambles on in some maniacal drivel, a small group of committed followers will be in front of him and they will shout and yell that they are winning.

The shouting and yelling gives the gallery for followers a warm and fuzzy. After a while, they start believing what everyone else says is false.

The same pattern of blind following we saw when Saddam Hussein was claiming to the world that he was winning his war. And the same pattern of blind following in all those Mid-East dictatorships.

I wonder about those blind followers. How is it that they cannot see what the rest of the world sees? How is it that they will continue to listen and believe what they are being told, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary?

The only explanation I can see is this - Blind faith is a powerful thing.

And though most anything Libya needs to for defense has been pounded to shambles; their army runs at the first sound of an aircraft; the captains want to join forces with the opponent, knowing they are on the wrong side; the blind followers still believe their leader.

I cannot explain blind faith; only observe its potential for abuse.

Libya's neighbors are not coming to the rescue. Libya has betrayed their neighbors. Some make a small gesture for political purposes, but those who would be the best and strongest allies have publicly denounced Libya.

Yet, the blind followers actually believe the leader who has betrayed their neighbors, even though their Muslim brothers who have fought for freedom in Egypt and Tunisia have told them otherwise. While the entire Muslim world sees freedom on their horizon, and some even take up arms in the battle of freedom, the blind followers are still convinced that their leaders are on the right path.

Do these followers really understand what they are being told? What they are doing?

Hopefully that illustrates what blind followers can end up with, absent a plan, absent an understanding of motives, and absent a strategy.

Your explanation of the SFW/BGF plan (or lack thereof) and the explanation of some others here, has blind faith written all over it.

I would rather be one of the starving rebels fighting for freedom based on my own ideas, than one of the cheering puppets in a leader's gallery drinking the Kool-aid. You?

The other hunters you guys are upset with have been involved in the wolf deal longer than anyone in your organization. I know WY, ID, and MT guys who have been in this since 1995. They are not babes in the woods on the wolf deal. Their account and understanding of the wolf issue is not some made-up conspiracy against you.

Earliest account here is that SFW was in the WY wolf deal starting in 2003, which was 8 years after it got started. They showed up in Montana TWO years ago. Not sure when the wolf deal got profitable over in ID.

Given that calendar, seems like SFW is ?Johnny Come Lately? to the wolf game. But given the money to be made, they have a good business strategy to start staking claims on the richest veins.

The people you face for a frontal assault on the ESA, via S.249, have been involved in national politics for decades, not just a few years. They have ?been there, done that.? The wolf issue and the politicians who are determining the outcome are not some small church committee trying to decide on a bake sale.

Your leaders have not presented a single iota of a plan. Yet, they have many convinced that because they can sway a legislature in a small western state, they can take on the big leagues.

Your leaders distribute a map that makes it look like they have the US covered in support of their S.249. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The map is a joke - about as valuable as a second-grade geography coloring book exercise. But, none of the followers are questioning it, so we see the map continue to distributed in emails.

Here is an analogy for that. SFW is a good high school basketball team. They can handle themselves in the state basketball tournament known as the Utah legislature. In fact, they have won that tournament a time or two, playing every game on their home court. But, they are still a high school team.

Now, they want to hit the road and play wolf-league basketball in the NBA-level of politics known as Washington DC. The first game was brutal. A disaster by all accounts. Every shot they took was slammed down their throat. They were dunked on, Blake Griffin-style, every time the opponent had the ball.

The game is so out of hand at this point, the opponents are putting in the scrubs and saving their starters for bigger battles. And even at that, the score continues to get worse. A pitiful sight.

Thankfully, the clock is winding down and the game will be over. The high school team can go back home and lick their wounds. They can have more fund raisers for the next battle they decided to involve themselves in.

I am sorry your team is letting you down.

To the outsiders, it appears that your ship is on the rocks. Have the captain and navigator already jumped in the lifeboat while the crew is left to bail the incoming rush of water? They have said nothing and have left their sailors to man the guns over the last few days.

Those who wait too long to look at the situation around them will be going down with the ship. The crew are good sailors. Too bad their volunteerism could not have been employed to a more productive outcome.

A rescue ship has showed up to help the last of the sailors on sinking vessel known as the ?King SFW.? As the rescue crew tries to help the sinking crew of the King SFW, the King SFW crew, being good sailors, follows the final orders given by the Captain as he jumped for the lifeboat. The SFW crew turns the cannons on the rescue ship.

Seeing their help is no longer wanted, the rescue ship turns and continues on its original course.

Good luck ABE. You and your mates are gonna need it.

Ya gotta love SFW, they want us all to stick together as hunters and demand every group get behind their effort. Yet when there is a hint that some states can get out from under the thumb of Federal management of wolves they want no part of it. Why not truly stick together and if MT and ID get seperated from WY good on them? Does SFW think that MT and ID hunters are going to abandon WY's efforts to manage wolves? Seems odd they expect everyone to stick together until it isn't going the way ole Don Peay and SWF want to, then it is acceptable to off on their own way.

SFW could care less what resident hunters in MT and ID want to do and SFW is willing to sell us down the river if it doesn't get it's bill passed.

Now tell me again about all of us sticking together?

Nemont

NeMont,

Tell me how exactly you will be out from under the thumb of Federal Management? What legislation needs to be passed for you to really be out from under that thumb?

I just couldn't help myself on this one. Do you really think we are getting our asses kicked and there isn't a plan. Every time someone explains to you about things that SFW and Big Game Forever have done you think we are a bunch of toothless rednecks from somewhere out by the Salt Flats in Utah. Well Sir we are working with a great model that helps each State do what SFW (Utah) has done in Utah and SFW Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, Alaska have done. SFW Montana is getting traction and will have the same success. Exactly why won't this work in Big Bad Washington DC? Do you really think the Liberal Dems want to mess with millions of hunters? That is why SCI, NRA, B&C should be working with SFW, BGF, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, and so on but their lobbiest tried to cut this deal for Idaho and Montana to appeas the wolf lovers. Montana and Idaho have already been affected greatly by the wolves and the rest of the States aren't interested in having the same problem.

The reason SFW and BGF haven't put out their plan is because it is real hard to see who the enemy is. BigFin should know hat better than anyone. By the way I really like your website! You obviosly have some personal motives in this fight. Great job keeping the fire burning. It's no wonder more people don't waste their time doing these threads.

Signing Off! Email me personally if you want to chat.

>Thanks Jason! How are all
>those strippers and ladies of
>the night up there in
>Reno? At least you
>can chase them if the
>wolves make it to Nevada.
>

Cool, you remember my name! :) Hey ABE - I have no idea how the strippers and ladies of the night up here in Reno are doing. Wait, how did you get off subject anyway? A diversionary tactic perhaps? We're talking about wolves here, not women nor their occupations. At any rate, if Nevada needs to deal with a wolf problem, we'll do it but we won't throw other states under the bus to move forward with and establish a state-approved wolf management plan.

No personal motives, ABE. Just tired of MT and ID hunters getting the shaft.

We can disagree on who the enemy is, all day. The truth will be sorted out over time.

You appear to be a good guy, very committed to your team. I respect that. I wish you the best.

All that said, I do not intend to let up on what is becoming the biggest sea change in the wolf issue, in the last ten years. And I will continue to press for answers from those who want to see this progress halted. I suspect we will never get those answers.

May your 2011 season be your best ever. May you shoot a big bull, uphill from the truck, 100 yards from the trailhead. Happy hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Tworay,

Politics is the art of the possible. MT would get to manage wolves and conduct hunts to reduce their populations. The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. The scorched earth policy that SFW advocates is dead on arrival in the U.S. Senate.

So I would rather have the State of Montana and the State of Idaho be able to put in THEIR management plans regardless whether WY has THEIR management plan together or not.

Will the Simpson language be the end of the wolf debate, nope it will not be. It has a far better chance of passing and allowing MT and ID to implement THEIR Plans for wolf management.

As for all the "good" SFW has done in Utah and wanting to bring that to Montana, I would rather SFW would stay in Utah and continue to "good" there and leave MT alone. Frankly having watched the actions of SFW and it's leadership over the years I would never join that organization and I cannot trust them to bargain in good faith on my behalf when it comes to the Wolf issue.

So we in Montana could be have our FWP dept, not the feds, setting seasons, we could be hunting wolves in MT, not dependent on the Feds, so in those cases we would be out from under the thumb of the Feds. WY can continue to fight with the Federal government and hold fast to their position they have staked out. I hope that WY prevails but in the mean time I would like MT and ID to be able to take action now to reduce the total number of wolves through the use of a hunting season.

What possible harm can come from MT and ID hunting wolves?

Nemont

Abe,

I have been out for a couple days & just got your #53 post (missed it originally). I guess you don't understand sarcasm sometimes....if I am going to make a threat, I will spill that out crystal clear. Yes, I will take a ride with you or DP or whoever, anytime. Too bad we all can't get into a civil debate to solve this the best possible way. I always want to learn. Now that I have read all these posts, I still do not understand why everyone is not aligned up the same way. This thread & the other one still has not answered anything & I am tired of the bickering. I do not live in one of the three states, but I live in a "wolves, coming soon to a theater near you" state & I am not happy about them uncontrolled anywhere (your state, his state, my state).

So, here is what I will say with no sarcasm. Like many here, I want to help. I am a member of MDF & NRA. However, things are confusing enough that I do not know if I am supporting the right side anymore. All of your back & forth just adds to that, especially since you each all have your points. What is going to happen? How is that going to happen?

As for the ride, send me the email invitation & I would love to come & see the accomplishments first hand. Then you can answer some questions that I have unrelated to wolves too. For now, it's about taking care of these non-native dogs.

In reading the last couple posts ABE put up I feel like I'm reading Pelosi in her rant about passing the health plan they ended up jamming down our throats. "Just pass the thing and then you will be able to see what's in it" was just one stupid statement she spouted from the podium, LOL!!!

I guarantee you the Simpson ammendment is the wrong way to go.It's a cop-out;a lousy compromise which will screw us all;with no way of changing it down the road,according to the paragraph that creasy showed you all.Did anyone read that?The blinders are on with some of you guys.All you can see is that you will be able to hunt wolves in Id and Mt.Screw everyone else?BuzzH,your hatred for SFW and Don Peay seems to overshadow a rational mind(which I suspect is there somewhere)on this issue.I think we all want the same thing.Myself,I would rather see nothing than the Simpson ammendment.That thing is a piece of garbage and will NOT help us at all(oh yeah,I guess you guys can hunt wolves in Id and MT.I'm glad for you.)Really,I am.This legislation is a piece of crap.

Your guarantee is falling on deaf ears. Nobody give a damn what you think. You've shown you want to take Montana, and Idaho down the tubes with your SFW/BGF views. Your audience is abandoning you. Your stance is extreme.

The Simpson BIll, will put MT and Id right back were we would have been without the courts interference.

Lets hear what paragraph on the Simpson's Bill you don't like, and why.

If SFW/BGF has such a great plan, with all those legislators behind them, then their bill will just add to ours, and all will be good. We will have our season insured, and that's enough for us.

nontypical stated - "That thing is a piece of garbage and will NOT help us at all..."

Very impressive piece of logic and rationale you used to support your opinion there, NT. My six year-old niece provides more compelling support for her opinions about why she should give Johnny her PJB sammich while riding the school bus. With the overwhelming evidence you provided, I am sure we are all swayed by that drivel.

Who is the "US" you refer to? SFW? BGF? WY Wolf Coalition? Between your use of the term "Us" and ABE's term of "We," it is hard to know who you guys represent.

nontypical stated - "Myself,I would rather see nothing than the Simpson ammendment."

As if anyone is surprised that you want to keep MT and ID in bondage while you have your spat with the USFWS. What's the deal, can't you guys handle it alone, or do you need MT and ID as your hostages? Afraid to cowboy up and go it alone?

Hope you continue to give your opinions on states rights. It helps people identify if there is any hypocrisy in your position on states rights.

And, if you follow the highly detailed plan provided by supporters of S.249, you are pretty much guaranteed the "Nothing" part of that wish in your quote.

This is a good one too, coming from a guy supporting the WY position. - "The blinders are on with some of you guys.All you can see is that you will be able to hunt wolves in Id and Mt.Screw everyone else?"

One answer to that - Pot, meet kettle.

Didn't see too much concern from the WY ranks when exercise of their states rights stopped the MT and ID wolf hunts.

We didn't complain, as we understood it was Wyoming's state right to do it. Now that we might get to exercise our state rights, you claim we are selfish and wanting to screw everyone else. The hypocrisy has no bounds.

Thought you states rights guys would want to continue exercising your states rights in WY, without infringing on our states rights here in MT and ID. No?

Good luck in your rants. Looks like the guys pushing S.249 and working to kill Simpson language are going to need all the luck you can get, and then some.

Carry on, NT. Good fodder.

Big Fin,

Go ahead and support the bill because I'm sure this time the enviromentalists and USFWS are sincere. We can trust these guys, right?
My side has been saying I told you so for so long were used to it.
The good news is the the Simpson legislation will ensure we get to have these outstanding conversations for years to come. Two words: Grizzly bear. Oh yeah it will be different this time.
4100fps will still be trying to recruit us to the Defenders and if were lucky we'll get to hear compelling arguements about genetic diverstiy, and how Don Peay is responsible for the earth quakes that hit Japan or was that global warming. Buzz H will still be blaming SFW, Don, Wyoming, and the Lakers for why no meaningful reduction in wolves has occured.
The enviro's (4100fps) will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Everyone set a reminder in Outlook and we'll revisit post this in 3 yrs. It will be fun to see where were at, especially with the Tester legislation.

At least your last post shows that you've accepted what the outcome to this mess will be for the short term. Usually when a poster resorts to name calling, that's a sure sign he's lost. I do get a kick out of it though.

What exactly has your side "told us so" about? Who is exactly is "YOUR" side?

Is your side wanting to keep Montana and Idaho from manageing our wolf population? Does your "SIDE" side with the antis trying to kill the Simpson Bill?

"YOU TOLD US SO"? Who ever that is that
Wyoming's wolf management plan has held us all up for 8 years, to only to capitulate to some point now?

Or that maybe if they had a approve-able plan, that by now, Wyoming could have moved the Trophy area to were ever they wanted because the 5 year Federal Government oversight would have passed?

Maybe you mean, "I told you so" meant that your SSS style of management would take care of the wolf problem, even though the state wolf population has grown each year.

You might have meant "I told you so" that s. 249, or hb509 wouldn't have a whores house chance in he!! of gaining traction, and the NRA, SCI, and CSC would distance themselves from SFW/BGF.

Maybe, "I told you so" means that SFW/BGF or about to loose a lot of potential members, and maybe some currant ones, because of the BS they pulled.

Even, a DB knows when he's been beat, resorting to name calling is always a indicator. I'd say it's time to stick a fork in him.

After reading through all these threads, I like the baseball analogy too.

I think the SFW/BGF followers are like the little fat kids who sat on the bench for most of the game. They could never could hit the ball over the fence but dang they sure wanted to or always thought they could. It's a tough lesson for the fat kid to accept he'll never get that ball over the fence and he dang sure doesn't want to admit it.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11
>AT 07:52?PM (MST)

>
>This is the best thread ever...exposing
>sfw and bgf.
>
>Too funny.
>
>What I find the most crazy,
>no matter how much BS
>is pulled by sfw and
>bgf, some still continue to
>swaller the kool-aid. The laundry
>list of crap those groups
>have pulled should be enough
>to make anyone with 2
>firing brain cells leave them
>in the dust.
>
>Yet...a few hangers on still support
>them.
>
>Truly unbelievable.
>
>I'm pretty sure ol' ABE may
>in fact be Don Peays
>new "pen name"...just sayin'.

Nope his spelling is to good to be Don,, my guess is just another one of Don's doe eyed puppets.

BRI must be the coaches son; you know the one the gets all the playing time told he's the best and does everything right,but makes the most errors and loses the game for the whole team.

Are we comparing size or balance sheets? Baseball was 25 years ago and now we are working on another issue but it is quite humorous to see people scramble. SFW, BGF, RMEF, MDF, and a bunch of other groups that are sick and tired of the SCI and NRA with all of their Millions who talk but not walk. Quit the bullshit and get behiind a comprehensive solution and not a bandaid on a compound fracture. Talk all you want about Don Peay he is way past worrying about you clowns. I think BGF, SFW, and RMEF would even give all the credit away to win the fight would SCI or NRA? No freaking way!

If you want to step ouside your hidden "profiles" and get involved in a healthy debate with focus on the solution then we will know if you are a sportsman or just a wolf in sheep's clothing. It appears your fangs are showing more and more with your attacks on those actually fixing the problem.

By the way none of you clowns want to admit that Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming have wolves and that doesn't seem to matter if you live in Idaho or Montana or live and die with SCI, B&C or NRA.

Just say'n............

Where was Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin the last 8 years as Montana and Idaho have been in the trenches?

They sure were not helping us.

Note I did not include Wyoming as we all know where they were.

Just say'n,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Abe,

So we should all keep Don Peay out of this because in his opinion MT hunters are not worth listening to. Who cares who resident hunters in MT want because Don is way over us? God I wish SFW would just keep their ideas in Utah and continue to help the Utah hunters and leave us dumb MT residents alone.

I am not a member of the NRA because they irked me with their stance on another issue. I also think that the NRA's sole mission is gun rights which often diverge from hunting issues.

What changes in Wyoming's fight with the Fed's if the Simpson language passes. I know it won't be the end of the wolf issue but it would be a return to the days when we could at least manage them inside the borders of ID and MT. Wyoming has chosen a different path and wants to hold other states hostage until it's plan is accepted as the only way.

You must believe like the other poster that they would rather see the status quo then the Simpson amendment passed. There is no way that you are going to get that through the Senate in it's current make up. So why not join hands with those of us that want to get back part of what we had, a wolf season, while we join hands with you and help Wyoming get their plan through. Either you are afraid that Wyoming cannot go it alone or afraid of joining hands and helping out MT and ID would cost your organization too much money.

The rest of the states that have wolves don't seem to be very concerned about them.

Nemont

Come on guys and at least try to state some facts and not the BS like the last two posts. Where has anybody said there aren't wolves in MN, MI, etc., and what is this BS in the last post that: "Wyoming has chosen a different path and wants to hold other states hostage until it's plan is accepted as the only way"!!! What a crock!!! Just because they have a different plan that hasn't been accepted is no reason to blame Wyoming for all this. The Feds and antis are the ones who screwed up this whole process in not keeping their end of the bargain in the initial introduction scheme and then Malloy proceeded to stick his nose in where it didn't belong by making his "scientific" rulings that are BS! Blame Wyoming all you want, since I'm pretty sure they don't want them all over the other states in huge numbers,but they can only argue on control within their parameters. It's a shame the way this ESA ties all these states together and has everybody at each other's throats instead of all being able to work together to solve the problem for the whole country.

TOPGUN-Thank you!!Exactly my point!TwoRay-LOL!!+1!!4100FPS-You really know how to hurt a guy-No one gives a damn what I think??That's all you can come up with??Court's interference??They finally rule for Wyoming after all the wolf-lover lawsuits ruling against all states?Sportsmen fight fire with fire,and now you call that court's interference??What a joke.I guess you were right about one thing.My opinions are certainly falling on deaf ears(yours and BigFin's,among others),yet you still try to shove your opinions down everyone elses throats.As far as BigFin and NeMont saying Wyoming is afraid to go it alone??LOL!!!!We've been doing that the whole time!!Resorting to insults shows you guy's lack of diplomacy and tact.That is usually a liberal's tactic. Look at post #99 for the paragraph which makes the Simpson ammendment no good.BigFin,quit accusing me of anti Mt and Id rhetoric.I couldn't really care any less what you guys do in your states.Okay,now you can show us all how intelligent you are by dissecting every word from my post with another long,drawn-out boring post.

I knew there was a reason I cant stand Pon Deay the tag pimp and the Sportsman For Wolves/ Bi Gays Forever!

Tworay - I was the average kid who knew singles win games. In this case, I believe those singles will win the game.

You keep on swinging though fat kid!

Wow that was brave! With a name like Irl you would think not to call people names!

Can I make a prediction? SR209 will pass. Montana and Idaho will benefit. SFW Montana will continue to grow and strengthen and have a positive affect on Wildlife Activities in Montana. Then SCI and NRA can send an apology to SFW and BGF while RMEF and MDF laugh their asses because they picked the right side and kept in the right fight.

Good night Irl. Wasn't there a song about "IRL"?

It sounds like to me that if the simpson bill passes which it certainly sounds like it will Then that will take the status of the wolf on the endangers species list That is the main focus Not just the tag and hunt But for someone to not be facing the chair if he shot one But anything to dismantle the misappropriation of the whole stupid ESA and spotted owls and BS is a step in the right direction Hasn't been going anywhere good since Malloy thought he would dictate his crap from the bench
If 209 passes as you say it will then thats great too No one really gives two cents who takes credit for it As long as they can start being harvested and managed by people on the ground and not peta telling us how many wolves we need Other states should jump on it now while this wolf topic is happening and get there own state manangement plans in place and hopefully stop all these stupid ass lawsuits that do nothing but cost tax payers hunting ones too to pay the enviros attorney fees and such to fight us
I hope the bill passes and hope for wyoming s best along with all the other states

I dont really care if its XYZ/BFF ICS/RNA/DMF/FEMD or whatever organiztion that gets credit for a win As long as its not PETA/GREENPEACE $hit

BRI,

Well your average; average people bring average results and settle for the path of least resistance.

BRI, you should jump on over to the campfire forum and read the post "Don't mess with the fat kid"; maybe we should bring them off the bench and let them just finish the game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom