Thermal Optics

american_jackal

Something I can not prove, but feel is happening everywhere, is the use of thermal optics to locate game. Last year during the deer hunt, then again this year during the archery hunt, I have seen pick up trucks parked on the side of the road, and look to be scanning. I cannot prove this has taken place, but it is suspicious when I never saw this behavior happen years ago, when that technology wasn't available.

If you think about how powerful of a tool it would be. When a deer is in velvet, you could make out what it is, in pitch dark. You could watch them return to their beds after feeding at night.

Anyone else thought about this? How do we control this?

It would take the thrill out of the hunt for me.

I had no idea till another hunter mentioned it 4 years ago. He thought most avid hunters were using thermal devices. I have heard it is a total game changer. Glad to see it outlawed in most states now. Saves me $5,000.

you can see them from sooooo far away on a hill side. use them for coyotes with a buddy and its amazing what you can pickup

Hey hawky!

You're Gonna Lose Your Night Vision Next!
It’d be impossible. The thermals you can buy now are barely bigger than a range finder if you’re willing to spend the money. Disappear in a back pack and I can’t imagine what it would take for a warden to have precedent to search a deer hunter in broad daylight for a thermal in his back pack,

To be clear, it’s fully cheating. I’ve looked through some of the nicest ones you can buy and you can pick up a buck on a pitch black hill side from a thousand yards away. Especially on a cold October morning. It’s likely too tempting for a lot of guys to pass up though

In Utah they absolutely have been used as a tool, mostly by Outfitters who use every tool available to find what they are looking for.

This technology has also become illegal to use for the taking of big game.

Screenshot_20230910_091710_Chrome.jpg

A Couple years Back!

Me & My Son Seen A Decent Buck Laying On The Edge Of The Dirt Road In The Headlights!

The Buck Was Screwed Up!

It Was Archery Season!

When He Got Back Up On His Feet He Was Way Screwed Up!

We Couldn't See Any Blood or Battle Wounds On Either Side Of Him!

The One Antler Was Flopping So We Kinda Wondered If a Vehicle Mighta Clipped Him?

2 Different Archery hunters Pulled Up & Both Of Them Got Their Night Vision Out To Look At The Buck!

So?

Ya!

I'd Say Quite A Few Are Packing & Using Their Night Vision!

Get A Committee Going For This BS!

Something I can not prove, but feel is happening everywhere, is the use of thermal optics to locate game. Last year during the deer hunt, then again this year during the archery hunt, I have seen pick up trucks parked on the side of the road, and look to be scanning. I cannot prove this has taken place, but it is suspicious when I never saw this behavior happen years ago, when that technology wasn't available.

If you think about how powerful of a tool it would be. When a deer is in velvet, you could make out what it is, in pitch dark. You could watch them return to their beds after feeding at night.

Anyone else thought about this? How do we control this?

It would take the thrill out of the hunt for me.
It most certainly is, or at least "was" happening.....probably more "is" than "was" regardless of the new laws.

I still like to live in the world where 99% of the people are good people and follow the law. :) So I'll keep on hoping that is what is happening.

I believe illegal in most states now for big game hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom