THEY CAUGHT THIS JOKER NEAR VERNAL A LITTLE EARLIER TODAY!!!

This POS killed the cop down the street from my house. Hopefully he has a long rot in prison, knowing one day that the score will be settled.

WTF was this guy not already in prison?

Reports of driver's past incidents with police​

In 2012, a man who appears to be the same person — a Michael Aaron Jayne, then 30, who appears similar in photos — led police on a high-speed chase through Barton County, Kansas, while he was wanted for probation violations, the Great Bend Tribune reported. He had been convicted of assaulting and threatening law enforcement officers in his native Redding, California, and in Oregon, according to the report.

Police in Kansas warned that Jayne should be considered armed and dangerous, and a stolen pickup truck had been recovered in connection to the search.

The outlet said that "Jayne is reported to have been willing to enter into high speed chases and cause accidents to avoid capture, as well as willing to invade homes. He has threatened to take lethal measures to avoid being taken back into custody." It said during the Oregon incident, Jayne attempted to run over an officer while Jayne was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

Oregon court records show that a Michael Aaron Jayne with the same birth year was arrested in 2009 and accused of attempting to commit murder in Oregon, along with two counts of possession of body armor as a felon and two counts of attempting to commit a felony. He pleaded guilty later that year to one count of possession of body armor and one count of attempting to commit felony, and was sentenced to 42 months in prison. The attempted murder charge was dismissed as part of a plea deal.

California court records show someone with the same name pleaded guilty on July 18, 2011, to resisting an executive officer, and pleaded no contest to three additional counts of resisting an officer and one count of battery on an officer, relating to incidents on multiple dates in 2008 and 2010. He was sentenced to eight months in prison for each charge. Multiple charges of threats to terrorize were dismissed as part of the same plea deal.

I'm so sorry for the loss of this officer to his family and the whole state of Utah.

I'm way more confident in Utah's judicial system to see justice is done in this this case than what wasn't and should have been done in Oregon and California. Kind of surprised/disappointed about Kansas.

I Don't Know Exactly What Happened When They Captured Him But I'm Wondering If He Was Wearing His Body Armor Again?

They Shoulda Just Took Care Of The Problem!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom