Thinking of Yelum

SirHuntsalot

It's been 4 years already since Yelum moved on to bigger and better things. Just wanted to mention him hoping that his name would stir some great memories for those who new him. Great friends leave a lifelong impression. I had many great experiences with my friend Larry. I hope all of us have a friend or two like him. Take advantage of opportunities you have.

Every now and then, I drive pass his road to his home and thing about going down and talking with Kathy.

RIP Larry

Robb

Yelum liked to watch, hunt, and had great videos of bucks. I got to know him better during the Hyde Park buck poaching case. I sat next to Founder at his funeral. Glad I did. Yelum definitely fought a good fight, kept the faith, and was an inspiration to many friends, family, and just anyone who got to know him. I agree he is happy now without physical limitations. Thanks for the reminder!

I also took him to the island and watched the big deer from the road. Good memories, he was absolutely one of a kind. I still go out there occasionaly but don't see very many big ones anymore. I think the hikers and bikers have pushed them to the other side of the island.

Any time there are antlers and people and parking lots and Big buck excitement, it’s almost like hes there wheeling around. The island should really name something in his remembrance. He was there for years long before the commercialized hunting and tags came to be. PiR Yelum

I was thinking about him on Sunday as I picked up my first shed of the day. It made me think of our first shed hunt in Labarge together. It was late in the day and I started to complain about my feet being tired. He turned and said to me “If I only could feel my feet getting tired”. I seemed to never get tired after that!! What a great friend, person and Muley fanatic!!! I miss him! I miss talking deer with him.

A few years back I donated a little to a motorized wheelchair fund he was involved with.
He took the time to message me thanks and sent me a cd of some Bucks he had taken videos and pics of.
I never had the pleasure to meet him in person but, he seemed like a real gentleman.

RIP Yelum!
I took him to lunch in 2014 or 15 when I was in the area.
Awesome guy. Lunch lasted about 30 minutes but we were there over 4 hours shooting the sh!t about deer and elk!!
Miss ya my friend!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom