This dude MUST kill big muleys..........

Dean Parisian

Mountain20man.jpg

(02-17) 04:58 PST Salt Lake City (AP) --

He's eluded authorities for more than five years, a mountain man who roams the wilderness of southern Utah, breaking into remote cabins in winter, living in luxury off hot food, alcohol and coffee before stealing provisions and vanishing into the woods.

Investigators have clawed for clues, scouring cabins for fingerprints that match no one and chasing reports of brief encounters only to come up short, always a step behind the mysterious recluse.

They've found abandoned camps, dozens of guns, high-end outdoor gear stolen from the homes and trash strewn around the forest floor.

But the man authorities say is armed and dangerous and responsible for more than two dozen burglaries has continued to outrun the law across a swath of mountains not far from Zion National Park. He's roamed across 1,000 square miles of rugged wilderness where snow can pile 10 feet deep in winter.

And while there have been no violent confrontations, detectives say he's a time bomb. Lately he has been leaving the cabins in disarray and riddled with bullets after defacing religious icons, and a recent note left behind in one cabin warned, "Get off my mountain."

"You wouldn't want to come across that guy," said Iron County Det. Jody Edwards, who has been working the case since 2007.

Theories about his identity have ranged from a 42-year-old man on the FBI's Most Wanted List sought for the 2004 killing of an armored-truck guard in Phoenix to a castaway from the nearby compounds of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the polygamous sect run by jailed leader Warren Jeffs.

The FBI recently discounted the theory that the man was their fugitive after authorities got the first pictures of him from a motion-triggered surveillance camera outside a cabin showing a sandy-haired man in camouflage on snowshoes, a rifle slung over his shoulder. The photos were captured sometime in December.

"We believe that is not Jason Derek Brown," FBI special agent Manuel Johnson told The Associated Press.

However, Edwards isn't so quick to rule out the possibility, given the close resemblance to Brown, who was raised Mormon and is a highly educated, well-traveled avid outdoorsman.

So while detectives believe they are getting close, buoyed by the recent photos, the shadowy survivalist remains an enigma. No missing person report appears to fit, and fingerprints lifted from cabins have yielded no match.

Meanwhile, cabin owners are growing more frightened by the day and are left wondering who might be sleeping in their beds this winter.

"He's scaring the daylights out of cabin owners. Now everyone's packing guns," said Jud Hendrickson, a 62-year-old mortgage advisor from nearby St. George who keeps a trailer in the area.

In November 2010, Bruce Stucki, another cabin owner, said a burglar broke into his cabin through a narrow window, pried open a gun case with a crowbar and laid out the weapons but took none. At a nearby cabin, the man reportedly took only the grips from gun handles.

"He could stand in the trees and pop you off and no one would know who killed you," Stucki said.

Some cabins he has left tidy and clean, while others he has practically destroyed, even defecating in one in a pan on the floor.

"He should know he's being followed, but I don't think this guy is normal in any way," said Stucki, who, like many cabin owners, has a lot of his own theories.

"He's anti-religious, waiting for the mothership to come in," Stucki speculated.

Investigators say they have found several of the man's unattended summer camps, what they initially thought were left behind by "doomsday" believers preparing for some sort of apocalypse because of the remote locations and supplies like weapons, radios, batteries, dehydrated food and camping gear.

Edwards said two camps found a few years ago were stocked with 19 guns. One of the camps also had a copy of Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild," a book about a young man who died after wandering into the Alaskan wilderness to live alone off the land.

The cabin burglar has managed to avoid being seen all but twice over the years, each time retreating into the forest.

The coffee and alcohol the survivalist favors plays into some cabin owners' assessment that he could be a castaway from the nearby twin towns of Hildale or Colorado City on the Utah-Arizona border. The so-called lost boys are said to be regularly booted from the polygamous sect there by elders looking to increase their marriage opportunities with young women.

Unlike members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which discourages consumption of alcohol and coffee, many of the Mormon fundamentalists imbibe.

Detectives aren't sharing their latest assessments but "we've got a lot of leads" from the surveillance photos, Edwards said. "I would say we're very close to making a positive ID on him. We just got to catch this guy."

To cabin owners in southern Utah, he remains a spooky and menacing figure.

"We feel like we're being subject to terrorism by this guy," Hendrickson said. "My wife says flat-out she's not going back to our trailer until they catch him."

www.deanparisian.com\
www.teammuleys.com

Don't let Wisz find out about him! Pretty soon there will be a bunch of threads debating whether he or not he is just an innocent victim of harsh law enforcement.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

DWR should offer a tag. Might make a few bucks from it.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

And I Quote:

"We've been working on this Case since 2007"

A real Slap right there!

I've seen this JOKER somewhere?

Is there a Bounty?

If he's been alone for five years he should be easy to catch. Using the gal in the volleyball thread as bait staked to a tree he would show himself in a day or two..

You would think someone would have stumbled across him while conducting all those deer surveys.

The above post was written with all due respect....

I think that guy could be a stunt double for Founder. :)

Anyway- leave the guys alone....so what if he lives off the land. Haven't you heard, "This land is OUR land, this land is your land....". How's that Roy?

I like the idea about the LE tag for this guy...

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Wow
I wonder how many hunters he has had in his sights, waiting on them to find him or see him. You all hunting in the southern end of the state be careful out there.
I'm thinking he might be touched in the head a bit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Strap a 500 inch bull rack on his head and let mb and crew find him. They'll camp on him til denny can head down and with the bounty money he could get another gov tag ? Or let sfw sell a few hundred tags ?
Just a thought

"We feel like we're being subject to terrorism by this guy," Hendrickson said. "My wife says flat-out she's not going back to our trailer until they catch him."

Boy....somehow the word "trailer" fits right in with that statement. The "trailer terrorist" strikes again! I think theyre making a bigger deal out of this than what it needs to be. He hasn't hurt anyone....just buglarized some cabins...non-occupied cabins at that.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

>"We feel like we're being subject
>to terrorism by this guy,"
>Hendrickson said. "My wife says
>flat-out she's not going back
>to our trailer until they
>catch him."
>
>Boy....somehow the word "trailer" fits right
>in with that statement. The
>"trailer terrorist" strikes again! I
>think theyre making a bigger
>deal out of this than
>what it needs to be.
>He hasn't hurt anyone....just buglarized
>some cabins...non-occupied cabins at that.
>
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

He's also destroyed some of the cabins...

No sympathy from me...the guy is a thief! I wonder of those that say "let him be" would say that if he broke into their home and stole guns, camping equipment, or whatever, then trashed the joint before leaving??

What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, let's keep it that way!! I hate a frigging thief!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

When they corner this guy someone is gonna die.

My bone is no stranger to
great envy!

HF, hang in there! Another 7K posts or so and it may even happen again. :)

You been doing any jogging?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I don't know the Snow situation in Southern Utah where this JOKER is RamSacking Cabins?

But on normal years when we do have Snow you're telling me We don't have anybody that can Track him down?

I'm a thinkin they're affraid of him!

Or affraid of what might happen if they do track him down?

I think you're right STTM. Guy has balls walking into cabins like he does and strikes fear in those who want him captured. Then reading about him this weirdo is smart and confident too. Like stated prior, when this guys gets cornered someone will die.But put a significant price on his head and someone will find him or die trying.

BTW where's Mossback when ya need um?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

>HF, hang in there! Another 7K
>posts or so and it
>may even happen again. :)
>
>
>You been doing any jogging?
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"
I've been doing some jogging. A couple miles a few times a week, but for the most part I lift.

Manny, if Jesus himself walked into your church tomorrow and spoke, by the end of the sermon you would have a list of things to correct him on..

Put man tracker on his azz! Haha.

I thought it was swbuckmaster. Or maybe killerbee.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

>Put man tracker on his azz!
>Haha.
>
I agree! Let's see what Mantracker is really made of! I love that show but he's usually up against idiots. I wanna see if he can really track down a man who obviously knows how to evade folks. Send some cameras up with him and let's film it all. Great idea, Bill!

I'd also like to see if Bess & D13er could evade Mantracker. ;-) LOL How about Kilo & Eel? Me & Roy? lmao...that'd be a disaster.

First of all, I agree with Joey also. I've had my property stolen and vandalized, and it really diapointed me that people are that worthless and disrespectfull. These SOB's better hope I never catch them in the act. The worst part is...the last culprit was a 70 year pastor, not only did he trespass on my property, but he trespassed on the neighbors and was shooting song birds and squirrels out of my neighbors bird feeder. He told the authorities he thought it was all right because he didn't think my neighbor was at home. I think my 70 year old pastor is touched in the head like the mystery man.

enough ventings about POS people.

Lets get Cold Nosed Outfitters, Ike, and some of the other hound guys together and chase this mystery guy down with the hound dogs!

Kind looks like that crazy guy in the "postman" Movie.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom