This is going to get messy in a hurry!!!

I've been following this for months now and still can't quite figure out all the details and precedences it sets for other treaties. But it definitely has the potential to drastically change wildlife management in affected states.

Without getting into the weeds, because I know the details are far more in-depth than I can speak of informedly, I do have reservations (no pun intended) about a few recent rulings from The Supreme Court. Namely this ruling, Affordable Care Act, Citizens United, and Kelo v. New London.

I don't see any way this ruling can be undone. It seems now to be settled law... I hope it works out!

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

Ask yourself if you agree with the following statement...

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

all men are equal....some are just more equal

Who said that??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Ok I may step in it here but I'll do it anyways... if there is anyway possible to keep them hunting on Res it needs to be done. Like it said in the article sho-ban has been doing to for over 10 years. They kill the biggest bull moose out on the desert above Rexburg in December and they kill by far the biggest rams on the salmon river in November and December. It's sickening. And they don't regulate it near enough. I would gladly support off reservation hunting if they hunted exactly the same way they did in 1860.

Why would they???...they are more equal...by law

If I were a blanketass I'd be hunting

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They also kill some big bucks south of Pocatello in unit 70 and 73 in November after the general season is closed.

"This is not for sport but for subsistence and plan to work with the state on conservation."

Then I would think their rifle season would open in July or August. Tribes in Oregon do it that way on their reservations.

>all men are equal....some are just
>more equal
>
>
>Who said that??
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Dwight Shrute/

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>How are they still alive??
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They take their vacation from their regular job and commercial gill net the Klamath. They do quite well.

Around here their subsistence hunting means killing every trophy type animal they can in a 5 mile radius if the res especially around the le units so that's probably what's going to happen there

I predict this... The sheep herds are going to take the biggest hit in this area. Then next will be elk.

If it is really about subsistence hunting then they should work with the state and the res. hunters could be the cow/calf population control.

Sadly I have a feeling that big rams and bulls are going to be killed in January.

Maybe I'm too "cute", but doesn't the residents of the state own the Wildlife?

So aren't the tribes non resident? And as such should the ability to kill the animals owned by the state be subject to some steep fees?

They may have the "right to hunt", as in "pursue"but where is it spelled out the State owes them game? Is there a guaranteed right to game animals?

I'd like to see a population number the tribes have as to the number of each species. ACTUAL NUMBERS. My bet they have none, so their "right" to what they can kill should be the same.

If the law wants to use exact definitions and not intent, then we should do the same. The tribes may kill 100% of the number of animals they can PROVE they killed when the treaty was signed. And that means ACTUAL DATA, not BS stories

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

If indian reservations are soverign nations as they are such treated, then they should require a passport or travel visa to travel off of those reservations/sovereign nations.

As a kid I lived in Ft. Duchesne and went to a school that was nearly all indians. That experience taught me to believe that many indians and Utes in particular are sub-human. Yes I'm racist towards them. Feel free to flame away but you won't change my mind.

I dont think this is going to make a difference, certainly not the same impact that 1000 yard shots taken by "hunters" that are not capable of actually hunting cause. The effects of tribal hunting will certainly not cause even close to the impact we're having with technology and the abundance of 1K+ guys that don't understand what hunting is.

We're already seeing the impacts of all the 1K yard crap, shorter seasons, smaller quotas, all that.

Honestly I'd rather see a tribal member hunting right than some clown banging away at animals at long range and not even trying to get within sight, smell, and hearing distance of the animal.

Nobody wants to talk much about their own negative impacts...

5 centuries of oppression and murder and you cant even stomach the thought of another guy, regardless of race, getting a bigger bull or ram?

How do you live with yourselves?

>5 centuries of oppression and murder
>and you cant even stomach
>the thought of another guy,
>regardless of race, getting a
>bigger bull or ram?
>
>How do you live with yourselves?
>

Really?? This isn't about getting a BIGGER bull or ram. It's about killing them whenever the hell they want. They can play the same game we do. Put in, wait to draw, go hunt the animals during the season we have to. Or is that asking to much to be treated equally and fairly?

I'm pretty sure they will have all their meat in the freezer by the time archery season opens. The season where you use bows and arrows and wear moccasins in honor of traditional hunting. :)

Fresh mule deer meat in July is actually prime eating. It's given to me every year.

If it's truly subsistence, destruction of the trophy potential should be required along with removal of every part of the animal for subsistence use. All organs, the hide, bones, etc. Cut the antlers off at the skull, and cut them in half.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-19 AT 02:31PM (MST)[p]I have not read the treaties or the legal rulings on the matter, but this sounds like a fascinating discussion. This is certainly a can of worms. And I wonder what legal arguments it opens for non-tribal members?

As for the other stuff, one might reasonably argue that rounding up people all across the land and forcing them onto reservations and committing untold atrocities against them was ?sub-human.? Or that owning another person because of the color of their skin was arguably ?sub-human.? Really, when it comes down to it, the human species simply sucks. We are terrible. Some more terrible than others, but probably not in the way that many think.

Unfortunately I don't think I can find any native blood in my genealogy. Hunting out of season without interference from all of you people would be a lot of fun!

>If it's truly subsistence, destruction of
>the trophy potential should be
>required along with removal of
>every part of the animal
>for subsistence use. All organs,
>the hide, bones, etc. Cut
>the antlers off at the
>skull, and cut them in
>half.

^^^This is exactly what need to happen.

>>If it's truly subsistence, destruction of
>>the trophy potential should be
>>required along with removal of
>>every part of the animal
>>for subsistence use. All organs,
>>the hide, bones, etc. Cut
>>the antlers off at the
>>skull, and cut them in
>>half.
>
>
>^^^This is exactly what need to
>happen.

Is this how Alaska handles things???

>I dont think this is going
>to make a difference, certainly
>not the same impact that
>1000 yard shots taken by
>"hunters" that are not capable
>of actually hunting cause. The
>effects of tribal hunting will
>certainly not cause even close
>to the impact we're having
>with technology and the abundance
>of 1K+ guys that don't
>understand what hunting is.
>
>We're already seeing the impacts of
>all the 1K yard crap,
>shorter seasons, smaller quotas, all
>that.
>
>Honestly I'd rather see a tribal
>member hunting right than some
>clown banging away at animals
>at long range and not
>even trying to get within
>sight, smell, and hearing distance
>of the animal.
>
>Nobody wants to talk much about
>their own negative impacts...

I don't like 'em any more than you do (except for target) but take your scope off your own rifle and you've got a good point!

Zeke

#livelikezac

>I dont think this is going
>to make a difference, certainly
>not the same impact that
>1000 yard shots taken by
>"hunters" that are not capable
>of actually hunting cause. The
>effects of tribal hunting will
>certainly not cause even close
>to the impact we're having
>with technology and the abundance
>of 1K+ guys that don't
>understand what hunting is.
>
>We're already seeing the impacts of
>all the 1K yard crap,
>shorter seasons, smaller quotas, all
>that.
>
>Honestly I'd rather see a tribal
>member hunting right than some
>clown banging away at animals
>at long range and not
>even trying to get within
>sight, smell, and hearing distance
>of the animal.
>
>Nobody wants to talk much about
>their own negative impacts...

31726065036_79bf4240ea_t.jpg

My current situation precludes me from caring about your opinion but go ahead and give voice to it anyway...

I'm just trying to come to grips with me agreeing with buzzard breath on a topic. I may have to re-think my entire life philosophy. damn...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom