This mornings 'catch'

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I have four box traps out at all times during the growing season. Mostly we are trying to catch raccoons which wreak havoc on our corn trials. Lately a lot of traps have been tipped over and the cat food bait was gone. We got one of the culprits this morning. He was just a pup but I don't practice catch and release with coyotes. It's my first coyote in a box trap.

coyoteintrap001.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]JB, If I were to take him home now he would be a very slow learner...

coyoteintrap003.jpg

Besides, I don't think Spark would like him.

12ga 00 shells and at least a running chance would be a lot more fun.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]Kdub,

When it comes to coyotes I'm not about being fair. I do occasionally keep a squirrel over night and then bring Spark to work with me. I release the squirrel first in a open field of sufficent size and give him a 20 yard start ahead of Spark. So far only one has escaped. Great Sport for the dog.

Today was the last day of work for one of our seasonal helpers, he hadn't much experience with guns so I elected him to put down the coyote pup. He did all right.

Did Sparky get to watch?.....maybe with an evil grin..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 05:23PM (MST)[p]You taught him to "stay" really good!! and it only took a second.

:)

I bet those coyotes are sorry they ever messed with Sparky. They're paying a heavy price. Keep it up Beanman!

Eel

Fred you are right no sense in missing like Ransom would do on a sure shot....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I was expecting some really good fly fishing pics again.

But this will do just fine.:D The Sparkster is getting the last laugh...

Bean Man, I will be either calling or emailing you one of these evenings. We leave here in about three weeks for the muzzle loader season. A little bit of information is always good. I have ten coyote hounds here that would love to chase after that young coyote you captured in the live trap. We caught several this summer in the cornfields here in southern Illinois---actually hunted them a lot. We do not shoot the game but our hounds catch them quite often. Thanks for the nice pictures and post. Cowtag/Chuck Richey

Beanman just nail the little bugger's feet to a board & let Sparky get even.

Larry? Where the heck you been??

Slick

Now all you needed was a deep pond tie a rope to it and chuck him out there..

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom