This sucks

I agree to not selling off public land, however this land wasn't public in first place, it was owned by a company (potlatch). To save money they are allowed to declare the "private" land a tree farm, thus it basically is public land. The reason they declare it that way, is there tax bill is basically zero. Any normal landowner can do this.
The big ranches can actually designate the "center" area of their land as tree farm but keep the outer "ring" as normal. They only pay the normal taxes on the outer ring but the center is basically tax free and open to public. However it is inaccessible so nothing changes in regards to access...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Agreed that its private---However, It Utah had the opportunity to sell off our property it could end up the same.

respect my authorita

True. But it ain't like the Idaho F&G were giving Potlatch landowner tags either. They issued controlled hunt tags for land that was truly not public with no clause that any new owner had to allow the next hunting season to occur if tags were sold.

For the hunters, someone wasn't thinking ahead. But it is hard to believe how the West is changing.

--------------------------
------------
I hunt, therefore I am.
Harvest the land.
Taking of the fallen lamb.

Or put a hold on selling tags if they knew Potlatch was actively shopping. But they wanted the money, so.....

------------
I hunt, therefore I am.
Harvest the land.
Taking of the fallen lamb.

>that any new owner had
>to allow the next hunting
>season to occur if tags
>were sold.
>
>For the hunters, someone wasn't thinking
>ahead. But it is
>hard to believe how the
>West is changing.
>
>--------------------------
>--------------------------
>------------
>I hunt, therefore I am.
>Harvest the land.
>Taking of the fallen lamb.

I too have thought about this in past, and wish it could happen someway. However the one big negative for doing something like this is by severely reducing the value of "private" property if it gets locked into some sort of public option... Large companies/landowners would not like that and not support it for obvious reason ($$$$).

Non-profit like RMEF is doing this already via money/land donations which is awesome but for them to secure a property of this size seems unrealistic.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom