This years haul

Wyboypt

5142CA5D-09AB-4869-8748-F67AA5870289.jpeg

For starting out extremely slow we ended up alright. Nothing too big.

I think I’ve found a whopping total of 4 moose sheds in my life. 2 of them weighed less than a pound. I would be a happy camper to pick up a few of those “small” paddles.
It never gets old. Growing up in WY picking up deer and elk sheds was fun, but it’s another level here. Pretty crazy to find a moose antler that weighs in the mid 30s. I remember a 16 lb elk antler and that was beast! Elk, deer or moose, it’s all fun!!

It never gets old. Growing up in WY picking up deer and elk sheds was fun, but it’s another level here. Pretty crazy to find a moose antler that weighs in the mid 30s. I remember a 16 lb elk antler and that was beast! Elk, deer or moose, it’s all fun!!
I’ve not found any 16 pounders. Actually finding anything over 10 is becoming more and more rare, at least where I shed hunt. I’m sure the west side has some whoppers with all the wilderness areas. I’d love to come up and see what some moose bone is like! Hint hint invite me????

Finding moose sheds in ak is a blast! Average big set of a 60in bull is 40lbs thats 3 big elk sets in lower 48. Some of these guys share same trails as the big brownies up there. Not for the faint hearted going alone. Unless you spot them from plane and land close.

Finding moose sheds in ak is a blast! Average big set of a 60in bull is 40lbs thats 3 big elk sets in lower 48. Some of these guys share same trails as the big brownies up there. Not for the faint hearted going alone. Unless you spot them from plane and land close.
And Bears...don't forget the bears...BIG Bears..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom