Thompson Center Renegade .50 cap

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I have a 50 caliber Thompson Center Renegade for sale, includes a black synthetic ramrod. It is in very good condition and was always taken care of. I see them on gunbroker for over $400. I am starting at $375 tyd in 48 states.

20230415_082800.jpg

20230415_082816.jpg

20230415_082837.jpg

20230415_082846.jpg

My dad has one we went the opposite on, it’s got a 1:66 round ball barrel on it. Shoots lights out. That things killed more elk than any other gun I know of.
Yep, I have a couple TC’s w/ Green Mtn barrels. Both .45 and .50’s. Fast twist for NoExcuse heavy conicals. And slow twist for round ball. Think one of my slow twist is 1:70. Thought someone would of taken over that market, but I guess everyone wants the latest and fastest inline. ??

Barrel is free of pits I always took great care of it. Very accurate I think I only shot round balls out of it. It has not been shot in well over a decade.

I think so but that is from memory but I feel confident it is 1:48. I found the owner's manual, no mention of twist. The manual has a copyright of 1987 printed inside.

No need to guess. It should be easy to verify by running a tight patch down the barrel and doing a little math.

Assuming that it is a 1:48” twist, you should see 180 degree rotation in 24” of barrel.

So measure 24” on your ramrod, make an index mark on the side of it, place a patch on the end and push it 24” down the barrel while watching the little indicator mark. It should turn 180 degrees in 24” if it is a 1:48” twist.

Sounds way more complicated than it is.

Ok I will try thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! My only concern is the ramrod not twisting exactly the same as patch/jag. From cleaning many guns it seems like it does - I guess if my text produces a result that is what my gun "probably" is then I would feel confident.

Anyone out there have a tang peep for one of these for sale or know where you can get one. The internets are all out as far as I can tell.

That was easy. I did it twice with the same results. It rotated 180 degrees in 25.5"

I calculate a 1:50 twist, I am sure I am off a little but that is really close.

The gun is in great shape, I have not shot it in at least 20 years and probably run a clean oiled patch down every 5 years. Last time was at least 4 years ago and it was very clean.

I took the barrel off the stock and not a spot of dirt or rust anywhere. Gun is in very good condition. $350 tyd

I never tried so not sure. I have this gun next to my desk, it is in great shape I look at it everyday and I am surprised it has not sold yet.

I think it was from a kit but I am not 100% sure (I also used to have a CVA). Just curious why? Is there a way I can tell? The stock looks great and if I did it I did many coats of stain and clear finish.

I killed an elk at 120 yds with mine. Made mine from a kit as well. Rear tang peep. Great gun. Whoever bought it will have fun with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom