Thor bullets in the paramount pro

cammoman33

Anybody have experience with the Thor bullets in the paramount pro? I have a 50 caliber and am thinking about giving them a shot……looking at the 300 grain. TIA

Due to inconsistent bores in many Paramounts, a lot of guys have been frustrated trying to use other sized bullets. The Paramounts were designed to shoot Powerbelts. Let us know if they work for you.

Due to inconsistent bores in many Paramounts, a lot of guys have been frustrated trying to use other sized bullets. The Paramounts were designed to shoot Powerbelts. Let us know if they work for you.
There is a lot of truth to this☝? So it really comes down to the consistency of the bore on your gun. Doesn’t matter if it’s over sized or undersized as long as it’s consistent enough to maintain fairly even contact on the bullet from the muzzle to the powder. The number one problem I see with running land riding bullets in cheaper button rifled muzzleloader barrels is choking. It will be tight at the muzzle end, loose at the powder end. So you’ll size the bullet to fit in the muzzle, push it in a few inches and it will lose contact and drop to the powder.

But all that aside…. If you get a good one and the bullets maintain contact in the bore the Thor, and the fury bullets will shoot well for you.

Last edited:
Anybody have experience with the Thor bullets in the paramount pro? I have a 50 caliber and am thinking about giving them a shot……looking at the 300 grain. TIA
I’ll be trying out some sized Thor bullets in the next couple weeks in my CVA paramount pro I’ll let you know.

I’ll be trying out some sized Thor bullets in the next couple weeks in my CVA paramount pro I’ll let you know.
Looking forward to your results. I just started working with the fury universal bullets. At time it feels like I can feel and inconsistency in the barrel but not sure that I’m experienced enough to know for sure. If it is, it’s not enough to matter as I e been having decent results so far. Hoping to get some more loads shot within the next week

I’ve been setting up a few Remington Ultimates lately with the furry universal fit. Excellent results ??

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom