Thors and Oregon: MM Poll

BBB

Very Active Member
Oregon regs:

It is illegal to hunt with jacketed bullets, sabots, and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases during muzzleloader-only seasons. Conical lead or lead alloy bullets with a length that does not exceed twice the diameter and lead or lead alloy balls used with cloth, paper or felt patches are allowed.

This is what the provisions read....What do you think? The Thor bullet is not a jacketed bullet, nor does it have any synthetic base or sabot.

I'm curious, to all you MM muzzlestuffers out there, my question to you is would you feel comfortable using this bullet in Oregon after reading these restrictions?

BTW, I'm not trying to skirt around any law...I'm just looking for the best muzzleload bullet I could use and am curious if anyone has looked into these bullets in Oregon?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-10 AT 08:15PM (MST)[p]I vote no too. Lead or lead alloy means pure copper doesn't qualify. :(

Lobby them to jump on the "let's get ride of evil lead" bandwagon.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

After thoroughly reading the regs, I would probably have to say yes to this one. I also had some non-hunters read the regs as well, and presented them with the same question, and they all said that the THORs would be legal as well. Now, if the regs read that "ONLY lead, and lead alloys...." were legal, that would be a different story. However, I cannot see where ODFW has defined anything other than lead, as being illegal. As long as it is not jacketed, sporting some kind of artificial or plastic base, or some kind of sabot of course, it is (by my interpretation anyways) LEGAL.

*the reason I had non-hunters read the regs, is to allow someone that doesn't have the "oregon is lead conicals ONLY" mentality that we as hunters do... Thereby allowing them to actually INTERPRET the written word a little more clearly. Unbiased opinion if you will...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-10 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]From the wording that you posted, it seems to me that a 100% copper bullet would be legal. But you might want to look up the actual law to see how it is written. The regulations printed in the pamphlets are sometimes just part of the actual law. As others said, I would ask someone at the ODFW for an official opinion on that bullet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom