Thought Provoking

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
this was e-mailed to me

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed. "Wow...what a worthy goal," I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Conservative Movement!"

THE PARENTS HAVEN"T SPOKEN TO ME SINCE.

thats a great feel good story, the problem is if you work all day every day for 50 dollars a day thats only $1500 a month and rent is $1200 a month and self employment tax is $225 and that leaves 75$ for food and clothes and utilities and if you get sick, a day in the hospital runs $5000 minimum and you couldn't drive because besides the car you need insurance and fuel and tires and of course the car also costs money itself, there is much much more, but really could you save enough for a down payment on a house? don't laugh, in some places you are doing better than average by making $1500 a month

During the w administration that homeless guy with $50 could have bought a house. He would have lost it by now but it would have been good times.

Zigga

Your party, Freddie and fanny are the reason we are in the problems right now. The poor should have never been able to purchase something they can afford.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Piper, seriously, if it takes you an entire day to "mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my driveway" You're probably on some state or federal disability for your mental incompetence and don't need the money anyway.

Anyway, I can do all that work easily in 2 hours (I ran my own lawn care company a few years back). So lets say for giggles that I only work 8 hours a day (light weight) and make myself $200 bucks a day mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and sweeping the driveway. That's $4000 a month before taxes. $600 self-employment tax leaves $3400. Rent is $1200??? Though a homeless guy would be upgrading no matter where he lived, in Utah he could easily get $800 2 bedroom apartment. (Utah was just listed as one of the most expensive places to rent an apartment in the nation.) So down to $2600 now... I guess if we went to the hospital every two months for something... we'd be broke, otherwise we're startin to sit pretty. Health Insurance for a homeless guy would be about $800 so now we only have $1800. 1 guy eats maybe $200 in groceries a month (That's more than I eat), so what do we do with the other $1600??? Oh yeah, a car. After the first month I'd pay cash for a $1600 car then have no car payment. Liability insurance is about $60 a month, utilities will run about $80 (without cable, or internet.) A phone will be $30 a month.

So if you've read all of this, each month that homeless guy could have about $1500 to start doing with whatever he wants. That's better than I'm doing right now, and honestly, my life seems very great!!! Plus, I'm stimulating the economy and contributing to the greater good through taxes, and in my case, donations.

So put the bum to work, or, that same bum can sit and beg for money. They average about $50 a day. $50 per day, for 30 days = $1500 Dang!!! Maybe the bums have the right idea!!!

So Piper, who is the better person???? Me, or the bum who brings in the same $$$ as me? Oh, and he gets free health care everyday when he walks into an ER... Not to mention the free food this little liberal girl will be handing out...

So Pipe would rather say f%^ck it and mooch off the government tit. Classic lib.

"Here's something for you doom and gloomer, coolaid drinkers that might help you from offing yourselves; you could have had Hillary."
Tfinalshot March 24, 2009

" your party, fannie and freddie got us where we are today"

That is just too funny, or maybe the fact you actually buy it is more funny. I love this site.

Leaving parties out of it for a moment... Fannie May and Freddie Mac are in fact 2 of the largest mortgage companies that hold the largest responsibility for the housing bubble. You can't deny this, it is what it is huntindude.

As far as the democratic party is concerned, they did push for, and pass legislation which regulates who can qualify for home loans, and who "needs" to be given home loans. This legislation was directed at mortgage companies, and had to be followed by them. This IS what created the housing bubble, which is arguably the reason the recession has occured as it has.

I know of legislators from both parties who were opposed to such legislation at the time, but they were too few and never really had a voice of argument. The real vultures here are the lifetime-politicians on both sides that need to be ousted. They are the only ones who have not been affected by this problem at all...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom