Thoughts on Elk in Unit 37 or 49

Appreciate the responses on the other thread so I will ask one more annoying question then shut up for a bit!!

So I will start this year to purchase preference points, so in the future I can have options on where to go. But for now I am looking at a cow tag in either unit 37 or 49. From past draws it appears I should be able to get one of these on the first go around.

The hope is I gain some experience and knowledge, even if it is not likely I have any killing. I like the idea of hiking a bit to get away from roads and most people (though obviously not all). Both seem to have some of this possibility with 37 being mountains and 49 being more flat rolling hills and draws.

Didn't know if anyone had any knowledge or thoughts on these areas. Not looking for spots or coordinates, just some general stuff. Exploring and discovering is half the fun for me.

Thanks for all of the knowledge on this site, it has been great reading through past posts.

I think 37 would be your best choice. 49 has a lot more private land and from what I've heard there aren't many elk on the public land in that unit.

37 you'll want to hunt early before snow pushes the elk down onto private.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom