Thoughts on new Browning X-bolt Max LR

opbuckslayer

Just wondering what everyone on MM?s thoughts are on the new offering coming out from Browning in ?19 with the adjustable vertical stock,stainless fluted 26? heavy sporter barrel threaded with a brake? Maybe someone can post a pic or link for it for those that haven't seen it.

I'm pretty interested in a 28,300wm or 300rum. Could a guy shoot 215?s in the 30?s or 180?s/195?s in the 28 with the magazine limits?

So the twist is for heavies but does the magazine length coincide to get the most out of them is the question?

Browning seems to be delivering what guys with a limited budget want in a lr rifle but I hope they gave it a magazine to be all it can be.

The rum does have an 8 twist, but will most likely have the same 3.6" magazine that all the rest have. You can get close to the lands with the 28 and heavy bullets. Personally I'd go 28 or 300 wm.

2a0fcsk.gif

Do you own any of the newer xbolts or a 28 nosler tony? I've read lots of good with their barrel accuracy of late & ive always liked their action. Is the 28 nosler pretty easy to find a load it shoots well?

>Do you own any of the
>newer xbolts or a 28
>nosler tony? I've read lots
>of good with their barrel
>accuracy of late & ive
>always liked their action. Is
>the 28 nosler pretty easy
>to find a load it
>shoots well?

Sorry I missed this. Yes I do own an X-bolt 28 Nosler. It is stupid accurate right out of the box. I've only shot one load out of it, RL33 with 180 ELD-M.
2a0fcsk.gif

Thanks for the response. Can?t wait for these to hit the shelves so I can put my hands on one. Thinkin in one of the 30 cal?s if I pull the trigger on one?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom