Three Awesome Brownies

Midnight

Been watching bucks with buddies. Watched from distance for several days. Bucks located by good pal. Watched with for several days after that and when I saw bucks walking around with one antler... it was on. It's been a while now and finally got around to posting some photos. Enjoy.

2506as_acorn_cheater_buried.jpg

As laid in snow.
735acorn_cheater_buried_with_glove.jpg

to scale of man's glove
36acron_cheater_dug_out.jpg

Futher I dug... the better it got. I could tell the g2-g3 were of a good deer but it was like opening a present. Better and better the more snow I uncovered. Notice the blood stain? It seemed like it was this year snow under and above it.
36acron_cheater_dug_out.jpg

WOW! What a find!
9234acorn_cheater_stuck_in_snow.jpg

Talk about character! This has it all, I couldn't have been more pleased! What a jewel.
2453acorn_side.jpg

Side profile of G4
382acron_with_me.jpg

I will count this as my inaugural introduction to Shed Hunting with hunting or doing something else. Actually made an attempt and must say...it's addictive!
3779photo.jpg

Buck on the hoof.

5992bigbuck_2010_winter.jpg

Beleive this is different buck. Some say, my shed was from 2009. And previous photo was from last year. I can't say I saw the Acorn Cheater buck in 2010, the last buck sheds are what I was after. I guess this is a good atlernative find.

3825little1.jpg

Next find... half buried in snow
5335little2.jpg

They can't all be big!
2395as_4x4_shed.jpg

50 yards from little brown two point... His Big Brother was waiting from me.
11334x4_shed_2010.jpg

Ya Daddy!
7135sunset_shed.jpg

I planted this with the tree backdrop. I was just glowing in the evening sunset to not pull it out of pack as I was walking out.

I think it's really cool that you found one you were able to match with a photo of a buck on the hoof! I have some two rutting seasons of some really nice bucks on video, but I have yet to find ANY sheds I can specifically match up to the bigger bucks...I'll keep lookin',though!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom