Tiburon Island, Mexico

B_F_E

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-11 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]Desert bighorn Sheep have been hunted for around 15 years on this island in the Sea of Cortez.

I'm looking for someone who has been on this island ?

B_F_E,
You have to be rubbing shoulders in a "high-rolling" crowd to find someone who has had a sheep tag on Tiburon!
I have seen plenty of videos of hunts on the island, but I don't know a single person that has actually been there!
Good luck!

For a mere 75-100K, you too can partake in the best place on earth for big DBH rams.

I've been to Tibouron island, but unfortunately sans gun in hand..a camera had to sufice. Didn't see any sheep though. The island is fairly large. 30 some odd miles long, I believe.
The "owners" of the island, the Seri tribe, are some of the most primative humans you'll find in NA. They live in true squalor in Kino and Descombouque (sp).

When I get the call that some long unknown uncle with millions passes and leaves me with his amassed fortune, a Tib tag will be one of my 1st purchases with my newly found riches!

------------------
DRSS

Like said above you better have deep pockets if you want to be the trigger man, or know someone with deep pockets and get invited on the hunt.

I know several people that have been on the island with a hunter two different times. Both times they killed huge rams (185 & 189) the trigger men were father and son.

I have a contact's email. I've spoken with him previously about Stone sheep. I know he hunted the island. I probably have a photo of his ram in my email as well.

If you're seriously considering a hunt I could turn-up his info for you.

Zeke

I have been on the Island hunting sheep with a close friend and my partner Greg Bird. Truly a great experience. It is not an esay hunt by any means. Very little access and water can be a huge problem. The Seri Indians were amazing people and several of them worked very hard for us.
Most of the places we hunted were by foot and back pack. I know one thing it was hard to find a soft piece of earth to sleep on. Its all rock!
We hunted the first part of Jan no SNAKES! Just a swarm of killer bee's and lots of scorpion's.
We did not see a ton of sheep but we did see some nice ram's no giants but the Island has produced some in the past.

Nothing like crossing the sea of cortez in the middle of the night in a pongo with only a flash light no navagation or GPS only a guy on the opposite shore flashing a light as a beckon to head for.It was a little nerve racking knowing you are traveling across some of the most shark infested waters in the world and you really cant see where youo were going!

If I had the chance to go again I would in a heart beat.

Troy Justensen

Hey Troy, good to see you still around the boards, man. Sounds like you are still having some great adventures!

Pred

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-11 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-11
>AT 02:14?PM (MST)

>
>Desert bighorn Sheep have been hunted
>for around 15 years on
>this island in the Sea
>of Cortez.
>
>I'm looking for someone who has
>been on this island ?
>

B_F_E

I would talk to this contact below. He is only person that I know who has been on the island more than anyone else. He has guided several hunters to a couple rams that scored in the 190's and many in the 180's. You can find his contact information on Grand Slam clubs outfitter area. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

CRAIG MARTIN
Tucannon Outfitters

Thanks,

3QtrSlamRam

Fished all around it and stepped foot on it but never hunted it or saw sheep on it. Looks like beautiful sheep country, suppose to be some big deer on the island as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom