Tikka question

sjhgraysage

Very Active Member
You MM guys that have Tikka rifles... Are you using the scope rings / mounts that are supplied from the factory or after market products?
Weaver now makes a set of bases which could take the Burris Z rings, and Leupold now lists bases for their dovetail rings.

I have been using the stuff which has been provided by Tikka. No problems or complaints so far, but I only have the lil' 'ol 223 Rem. Not much of a kick there to mess things up.

n2h, thanks for the reply.
I know there are others out there with magnums, both short and regular. My local gun shop guy says last year he sold a bunch of the Tikka rifles and doesn't remember any complaints. My opinion is that its not the prettiest set-up, but looks like it should work ok.

landon05,
Did you choose the Leupold system because you did not think the factory rings would do the job or maybe you didn't like the way they looked?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-06 AT 12:55PM (MST)[p]Actually it was just a matter of chance. I use a 2.5x10 LPS on that gun and the leo rings were the only ones available in 30mm in that store. And i just couldn't wait for anything else to come in so i bought them. I have been pleased with them so far not that I think they are any better than the tikka rings. If their rings are as good as their guns i'm sure they will be great.

By the way what tikka do you have? And in what caliber?

Actually at this moment I don't have one, however i am looking at a couple at the local gun shop: a T-3 hunter in 6.5x55 and a T-3 Lite SS in .300 WSM, 7mm REM MAG, or .300 WIN MAG.
I am not impressed by the look of the factory rings that come with the gun. So have been looking into what the options are.

I bought the T3 stainless laminated in .270 WSM. I wanted the Leupold 4.5-14x40 with the B+C rectile. The stock rings are for a 1 inch tube, the Leupold has a 30mm tube. I choose the Warne rings, they are really heavy duty and I think they work/look great.
DB

I own the T3 lite stainless in .300 WSM and use the factory rings on it. I have a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 on it and it all works well so far. I've had the gun about two years now, and have run about 60-70 rounds through it, not a lot by any means, but enough so that if there problems, they should have surfaced. I don't mind the look of the rings, but if you don't, you might as well change them, no reason to keep something that you don't like.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom