Timber buck pic

6x7

Very Active Member
3561image.jpg

looks like a lot of the country we have around here. Most guys rifle hunting this C-4 unit would not be disadvantaged hunting with a 30-30.

I have heard the term "Timber Buck" before, especially when a buck has a tall but narrow rack, the better to get around through all the branches and stuff. I'm guessing that's why you used the term here?

We used to call the bigger forkies, "Pacific Bucks"

Anyway, Nice Buck-photo!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Hard to tell by a trail can pic but that bucks only 15 feet from the camera it is thick timber and its flat land to boot which makes it even harder to hunt,last year there was a 25 inch buck plus a few others we saw during the archery season,but never to be seen during the general season.

That buck in my pic is a 4x3 all so just reversed from yours boss!is your pic from the east side of the bear river?

9:30 PM...yeah, that's about right. They always go nocturnal right before the Season opens...can't blame them, it's 100 degrees in the shade! It did get down to 75 degrees at 5 AM, though.

Best of Luck,
Jeff (MM Sponsor)
http://www.elkmtngear.com

>That buck in my pic is
>a 4x3 all so just
>reversed from yours boss!is your
>pic from the east side
>of the bear river?

150yds to the south, d4

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom