Time is Running Out!

AaronKeller

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-18 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/27186day3.jpg

Don't wait to put in for the 2018 Big Game Draw! Don't forget it's a new website. Now you login and submit your applications at http://www.ndowlicensing.com.

What do you think you'll draw?

nothing...now that you reminded all the dead beats....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It's pretty crazy how much NV (and other states) are charging for bonus pts and application fees. NV allows hunters to miss 2 consecutive years of applying before loosing bonus pts. You obviously have to pay to play but there comes a point where a guy wonders if it is really worth it. I found out I drew a tag in a different state and decided to put the $250+ that I would have spent on bonus pts/fees on another trip. At least I get to do something with the cash rather than throwing my hard earned cash to the wind! I'm looking forward to drawing a couple NV tags in the future so I can get out of the bonus pt/fee racket!

Why does a friendly reminder have to turn into a complaint session? Please don't forget that the fees go to conservation of wildlife. When did that become a bad thing? I won't speak for everyone, but the more apps the better -that's more money for wildlife in a state where the managing agency isn't funded by the general fund. Thanks for the reminder, Aaron.

LOL, if you think more apps are better there isn't much that anyone can do to help you, you're just plain stupid. It's bad enough that we have to play this expensive game to hunt, then you get someone sending out reminders to reduce our chances even more.
You might as well tell everyone what tags you are applying for at the same time cause you obviously don't care if you draw.

Name calling - a sure indicator of intelligence. I apply in 10+ states. Of course I care if I draw and I'm always going hunting somewhere. You completely dodged my questions - not shocking. So you care more about you and less about the wildlife? As long as you get a tag, who cares about whether we have money to put in guzzlers or reseed sagebrush, right? Typical.

2 questions.
When will draws come out? And is nevada like utah, where one license can be uses every other year if pts only?

I shot the moon for 1 deer unit and 1 antelope tag. Had 11 pts for deer and 1 for antelope. I know thjs info is out there, but i am lazy today.

Thanks

missalot - you are correct and if anyone believes that 100% of all money from license or tag sales goes to wildlife conservation then they are just misinformed!

Results are usually posted the Friday before Memorial Weekend. No loophole in Nevada with using the same license for two application periods. Good luck in the draws. I bet you draw with 11 points.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-18 AT 02:34PM (MST)[p]Since you are informed, please tell us what the money goes to. I mean the folks that manage the wildlife should just be volunteers, right? Do you work for free? Am I misinformed about the work you do too?

Feel free to reach out to me if you draw either one or both of those tags, ByeByeObamas. I'd be happy to help if I can. Good luck in the draw.

Im a non resident and put in for a top tier unit for deer and antelope. Dont really want to say which one but it is close to my home state (wa). Also did the silver state. Not holding my breath. I just want one good tag this year. So hopefully my 1.2%s and my 3.1%s add up to just one 100%.

Application fees are cheap!......and a great deal. I wish they would raise the fees to reflect the market value and let real sportsmen put their money where their mouth is. Anyone who really wants to hunt can dang sure afford to pay for it. I did back when I made very little and I still do now that I make more.

I spend a considerable amount of money on hunting and I still spend far less than my non-hunting friends do on their hobbies....like golf, boating, snowmobiles, aviation, beer guzzling, gourmet coffee drinking, etc.

By all means, whine more and apply less.....the rest of us will be glad to pick up the tab and the tags.----SS

The discussion wasn't about the cost of the license. Regardless of the cost, everyone applies with the hope of drawing a tag. When someone feels the need to remind everyone to get their apps in it reduces 3.1% to 1.5% odds of getting drawn. Well c'mon, If you guys want more apps, why don't you post up all those hotspots so we can get the DOW plenty of money to work with. Somehow I get the impression that some of you think that you are better hunters or more dedicated because you are foolish with your money....
there are many adjectives which would describe this mindset.

Sure my family draws good tags consistently. Its much more about investing in the system building points than a few extra people being reminded. Most the people that get on here and check the forum prob are already in. There are those few that may have been busy and really appreciated the reminder. Chances that those few had the same 5 areas as you in the same order chosen are astronomical. The effect on your own app isnt enough to be concerned about. The help it gave those few who forgot tho could be huge for them.

I have drawn in the last 16 yrs.

2 prime deer
2 prime antelope
1 prime elk

i hope to add a sheep or 2 this year.

In the last 13 years I've drawn...

2 deer and 1 antelope tag. I've got 4 points so I am hoping to draw my last choice at least... Fingers crossed.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I wonder if we got Obama to run ndow would we all get tags like health care or would we pay twice as much to not use them? I was told Arron keller was a robot from ndow that's used to remind folks to put in? Quincentenidence I think not.

"Quincentenidence".....that is my new favorite word. It's going to take me a week of practice to remember how to spell it though.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom