Time Machine

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Folks, we got a working time machine, extremely dependable and safe, right here on the MM Campfire. Set the year, place, and time of where you want to go. Tell us why maybe, or not... Push the button and have your credit card handy.

Button :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

mid to late 1800's, could wander the woods/mountains with only once concern. staying alive. would be so much better than all of this drama in today's world.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Early 60's on up to about 72!

Very Little Technology!

No PUMPKIN Patches!

NO F'N Wheelers!

Not a Trail through every Nook & Cranny!

300 Shots were Fairly Long at the Time!

Some had Scopes & Minimal Optics!

A 2 Point doing some of the Breeding back in them days wasn't a Big Deal,even though only a 2 Point,He was still packin Good Genetics,Un-Like the PISSCUTTERS of Today!

After the Hunts back then,You could see Numerous Big Bucks that Survived!

Although I Figured I was Always Born too Late,I did get to See the Tail End of the Good Days!

Big Bucks throughout the State at that time!

Just Think/And Look at the Changes in the Hunting World of Today!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

I suppose following Lewis and Clark around would have been pretty fascinating.

I understand from my Father in Law that the 50's and 60's were the glory years in western Colorado.

Oh, about 1875 or so...here I am.....

7204markethunting.jpg

>I'm with mtnman. Wonder
>if I could take my
>.300 winnie back to the
>mid 1800s?

You'd be disappointed with some of thew Species at that time!

[/font]

Though the choices are many and because so, kinda difficult to pick the one adventure. i keep thinking about going back to 1970 my sophomore year in high school all the way through to 1980.

Don't believe i'd do much different than i did but oh man, would that ever be fun to do again! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm happy at this time! But I would like to send some others like the Kardashians! How would they fair having to work for a living!

Always been the same story. Only now we have a much better standard of living and increased life expectancy.

Bessy cries out, from a wheeler thread,
Zim he chimes in, shows the Asian that he met,
Eel lives near Humbolt, where the chronic's sown,
Paul Crawford's drinking bud listening to the radio,

Hank Williams sings Kaw Liga and Dear John,
Time marches on, time marches on,

3K is using rouge, clear complected soap,
Roy is wearing beads, and smokes a lot of dope,
NV_hunter is depressed, barely makes a post,
Brags about a girlfriend in another town,

Bob Dylan sings like the Rollin' Stones,
Time marches on, time marches on,

North moves South, South moves North,
Pawn Stars are born, Chumlee burns out,
The only thing,, that stays the same,
is everything changes, everything changes.

Kilo calls himself, a sexy grandpa,
Rackmaster's on a diet, for high cholesterol,
Eel's out of touch, with reality,
Guess it's better than being, beneath the maple tree,
When the angels would sing, and old Hank Williams song,
Time marches on, time marches on.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-16 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]Welcome 1911, well played! Last i heard, you were going to be layed up some due to a needed recovery. I been wondering how's that going and are you back near 100%?

Of all my Uncles that were buck hunters, my Uncle Phil was the most nuts for the game and no doubt brought in more and way bigger bucks than i or most anyone i know have. Anyway, the late 50's and early 60's, he said, that's when if you went looking for them, you could go out and kill yourself a Dandy if not a monster buck.

1958-1962 sounds good!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-16
>AT 09:34?AM (MST)

>
>Welcome 1911, well played! Last i
>heard, you were going to
>be layed up some due
>to a needed recovery. I
>been wondering how's that going
>and are you back near
>100%?
>
>Of all my Uncles that were
>buck hunters, my Uncle Phil
>was the most nuts for
>the game and no doubt
>brought in more and way
>bigger bucks than i or
>most anyone i know have.
>Anyway, the late 50's and
>early 60's, he said, that's
>when if you went looking
>for them, you could go
>out and kill yourself a
>Dandy if not a monster
>buck.
>
>1958-1962 sounds good!
>
>
>Joey
>
>Keep your slimy Paws Off My,
>Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

I've been back for awhile. Had a fairly major back surgery in July and was off for just short of two months after a week stay in the hospital. It isn't a perfect fix but it is better than what the alternative was. Now I've got two rods in my back and a computer implant. Thought I'd come back to work after my recovery and take it easy. Day two back some dirtbag shot a trooper right behind me on a road closure. Ended up chasing him down and he sucked his own gun and crashed before I got to him. That got me another week of admin off. Other than that, I've been back in the saddle since Sept. and have about 35k in medical bills. Needless to say I soak up all the overtime I can get my hands on.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Glad to hear that you are at least, back in action 1911, Thanks for the update and song!

Maybe i'd like to use this Time Machine to go through time to when i first seriously hurt my back and get a do over a different way. It's hard to believe how much physical abuse one's body will allow a guy to pile on before it starts barking, i'm paying for it now...just like the old farts predicted that i would years ago.

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

That's Perty Good 1911!

JENNY will Laugh!

But I Don't know that JENNY'S Brothers Wife Would Laugh if She Seen it!:D:D:D

[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom