Time to Apply!

Put my application in yesterday for the 10th year in a row for Deer and Elk in a "low point" LE unit. Got my fingers crossed as usual.

At some point here in the next few years I will be starting to question just how unlucky a guy can be. haha

OIP.jpg

My wife and I applied for the tougher units this year as I have unexpectedly drawn Arizona elk and will draw (should) my Wyoming elk tag. My son has a really good bear tag as well that he did not think he would draw. Most of our time is already planned, which is good. If we do draw a tag, we can make some more time….

Good luck to everyone!

My wife and I applied for the tougher units this year as I have unexpectedly drawn Arizona elk and will draw (should) my Wyoming elk tag. My son has a really good bear tag as well that he did not think he would draw. Most of our time is already planned, which is good. If we do draw a tag, we can make some more time….

Good luck to everyone!
I am in the same boat, my son drew an early archery tag in AZ so I had to change my choices, but we will find a way to make it work if me or my wife get real lucky

I'll Just Enter The Draw As wooruffhunter II This Year!:D

Good luck to everyone!

$10 for a point---yeah, that'll break the bank....

I still want to hunt even when I get older so having plenty of Points on Antlerless deer/antelope gives me a chance to Share my Points with someone and not be hunting alone in my late 70's/into my 80's.

I don't need to always kill a Buck or Bull on hunts anymore.

The meat is more rewarding and last a lot longer than 'horn'.

Thanks for axing though,

Robb

Cause you can draw any tag with way less than that waste of $
Unless you want to point boost a kid at some point who is starting fresh with 0 points and want to give them an opportunity the first year they can hunt.

Bonus round: you mentor them your tag as well so they can shoot 2 (or 4 if your timing is good)

Sounds like a waste of $$$$$$$ to me! 🙄

Why would you ever have 14 antlerless deer points
Only because of point averaging. I have tons of antlerless points in states that allow averaging.

The second a friend or family member is interested in going, I step in to point boost them and we go hunting.

But yes, I likely will just die with all those doe/cow points and consider it a non tax deductible donation.

Some states that flirt with abolishing point averaging understand the lost profit that would result.

Sounds Like GOOD Trouble!:D

Did AZ just hand out elk tags right and left? I got one too, in a unit that should have taken 21ish points. I had 12. My wife will most likely draw a 3rd season CO deer tag. That's my 3 weeks of vacation. If we draw anything else, there's going to be trouble.

I'll bet you don't have 14 antlerless deer points! I put in for my son and myself and that gets pricey. You've got 5 of you.....Fish and Game loves you!
It cost me every year for the five of us. A lot of the time with no chance for a tag, but just to stay in the point game.

I do get to enjoy some great hunts and make memories with the family. Just not very often with the tag in my pocket.

I continue to put us all in to hunt together. I could take that money each year or two and buy a voucher tag or buy a hunt, but not near as fun or with the family or friends. Luckily I started buying points for all when they were at age. Started paying off recently and hopefully for the next several years.

When woodruff Petersen Draws Another Tag This Year He's Gonna Have To Come Up With A Better Excuse Than He Did Last Year When He Has To Tell Ms Petersen Their Honeymoon Vacation Ain't Happening Again This Year!:D
Bess:

She has given up on vacations. I think that my last two Anniversaries were spent at the Chiropracter and making a trip to Costco...

If she beat the the .0001 odds by drawing that Cache Moose permit, things will look up :D

I do have an elk hunt planned if I draw and will need you as a guide. It's up in your country, where the guy ran out in front of us during my muzzleloader deer hunt :ROFLMAO:

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom