Tin Cup

feddoc

Long Time Member
Not the whisky, although it is good.

I have finally acquired my dad's old tin cup he used 70+ years ago.

Will there be any harm to the structural integrity of the cup if I dump a couple fingers of single malt in it maybe once a month?

Will there be any harm to the structural integrity of the cup if I dump a couple fingers of single malt in it maybe once a month?

These are the four that I got from my Grandpa. They have a glass bottom. Pretty cool.

20230726_165348.jpg

If it's an old true tin cup, made of tin-plated sheet iron with soldered seams, then you may not want to drink out of it due to the possible lead content in the solder.

In your rush to chug it down ya might bend it up little ? Ha...great connection to your dad !
Thanks. Dad was a third grade graduate. Both his parents died in the early 30s. Orphaned son of an orphaned son. He stayed with an uncle until the uncle became abusive. Hiked to Chicago, got his toe chopped off in a motorcycle chain, then hitch hiked west at 14 or so.

Got whacked in the head in Germany (Army dude) and was never the same. Died in my arms in 88. I treasure everything that was his. And Mom's.

An old cowboy dipped his tin cup in a creek proclaimed to me , “ water always colder in a tin cup”. I hope that single malt is too

Last edited:
If it's an old true tin cup, made of tin-plated sheet iron with soldered seams, then you may not want to drink out of it due to the possible lead content in the solder.
This. Probably is an old one. I wonder how the solder held up to acidic cowboy coffee?

Would your dad approve of Tin Cup in him his tin cup?
haha, I don't know. Dad quit drinking a long time before he died. I used to go with him to a now defunct bar during the day. I would shoot pool while he talked with the other old cowboys. In those years I saw him toss back....maybe....6 or 7 Hamms beer total.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom