Tip for Turkey Hunters...

5yearcoueshunter

When you use a headlamp to walk in the dark in the early AM to get to a roosted turkey, don't just turn it off before you set up to call, make sure you TAKE IT OFF YOUR HEAD!

Otherwise, you'll have the perfect setup, make the perfect calls, have the perfect situation watching a Tom come to you from 150 yards all the way to 45 yards strutting the whole way in, gobbling his head off, only for him to see that shiny headgear and haul @ss the other way while you try to wipe the shock off your face, fumble to get a shot off and miss! haha

Still, one of the best turkey mornings I've ever had. Eating tag soup this year though. Don't think I'll make it out again.

Good luck to all for the rest of the season and congrats to those who got birds. :)

Travis

That's funny! Next year!

I had 4 toms talking and walking 70 yds out but they would not come in! Frustrating but fun.

Tim

Ha! We've been chasing them in 36 to no avail. Gobbling thier heads off on the roost, then hit the ground, shut up and haul ass the other direction.

One last day tomorrow, maybe try Thurs early if the weather is amenable with this big front coming thru.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom