To our Vietnam Vets

eelgrass

Long Time Member
To Kilowatt, RELH, and all those I don't remember or know. Thank you!

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Yes Sir, a Very good reminder. Something like this could be put here in these pages every day!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Steve thanks, but I was not a Viet Nam Vet. I joined up in 1965 for a three year hitch. Was schedule with my combat engineer company to ship to Nam in late 1966 with the 60th. Infantry brigade. At the last minute, our company was pulled from the unit and we remained in Alaska. It seems that some Alaskan Senators had our orders cancelled to remain in Alaska as our unit was used to blow ice jams on the many rivers to prevent native villages from being flooded.

I also blew up many approaches to bridges on roadways that were being built in a state park just below Anchorage Alaska. We did some of the first experiments using ammonia nitrate fertilizer as a blasting agent for blowing ice jams. Boy was it fun to watch a quarter mile section of six foot thick ice raise up 6-7 feet in the air after setting off 3 tons of ammonia nitrate. we used 50 gal. drums and would have up to 27-30 drums under the ice linked up to blow with det cord. I bet we killed a lot of fish also.

RELH

"Boy was it fun to watch a quarter mile section of six foot thick ice raise up 6-7 feet in the air after setting off 3 tons of ammonia nitrate."

RELH, it came naturally, being a Hatfield and all...:)

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Charley Co 4/31 as well. Ended up being the RTO for the CO. Many three day stints on West. Left in Sept. Now I don't feel like such a geezer.

May 1965 to Feb 1967....then a civilian working under USA Contract till Oct 28, 1972 with last work location in Danang at China Beach. That whole area was destroyed after the North took over and since then there are 5* Hotels and Golf Courses where China Beach use to be.

What 50 years can do when changed by money and not war.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom